What's everyone working on?

I just wanted to open a new topic for this one since the other topic is 259 pages long :hug: It has been a Hot Topic since 2007 So I am closing that one and opening it here.This is the link to the last page of the old topic for this:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...907&st=5160

Thanks Teresa (THmini2) for such a Great topic!!

Please post what you are working on right now. Right now, I am working on a half inch scale Buttercup cottage. I am adding lights to this one. hope to be finished with it next week :p

So what are you working on?

• Like 2

I'm working on the RGT's build a long house right now while I'm waiting for my Spring Fling kit to arrive. I still have some items to add to my Bungalow, including curtains for the kitchen and livingroom. I bought a porch swing for it, but the chains are too long, so I'm waiting for my dh to fix for me so I can hang it up. I did buy a wicker chair and ottoman for the porch also.

• Like 2

Right now I'm working on not losing my mind. Waiting for a package to arrive so I can continue the addition on my Raspberry Parfait. I'm adding a family room to the house. I have most of the addition built but I'm waiting on some french doors that I'm going to install on the side of the house where the addition is going.

• Like 2

Right now I'm trying to find time in my busy schedule to work on my Beacon Hill!! RL has me so busy I can't see straight, I have had absolutely no time for my hobbies and it's not looking like I will for quite some time!! :hug:

• Like 2

I am finishing up the last of the staining and building of the laser cut furniture kits from SDK for the MTC. These kits are very nice, smooth and easy to do. Love them! I will have to find another bed however since the bed is too large for the attic bedroom.

Right now I'm still working on the Petite Dreams house(really need to update pics in the gallery)! As of late I have been concentrating on the floors, cutting individual strips of veneer for the floors. Gets frustrating at times but I think it aught to look good when it's finally done! Also have all of the panels smoothed and cleared of all of the old paint, shingles have all been painted and changed over from the dark blue that came with the kit originally. What this means -- you can no longer see any graffiti on the house! Really happy about that. :hug:

And as anyone who's read my most recent topic thread, getting ready to focus on some fun builds/rehab in the upcoming year... may possibly take a lot longer though. But I have so many ideas spinning through my mind! :p

I'm jumping between 5 different projects in order of importance:

-My own modern scratch build

-My own modern kit (currently in the card board prototype stage)

-Various furniture pieces

-Michaels Creatology Dollhouse w/ Veranda

-the Willow

After typing it out here, I do feel a little nuts!

I'm working on my Vineyard Cottage (a rehab, very poor condition), hoping to make it as witchy as I can. But I'm not advanced enough, so.. (sigh).

And the second one is The Orchid. I'm quite satisfied with the exterior and completely unsatisfied with my interior. Have a nice day !!!! :hug:

• Like 1

Psst....Anwyn....PICTURES! LOL, give us pictures of the wonderful things you are doing! Most especially, I would love to see some modern houses..we have so many eclectic or Victorian..I would love to do a truly modern house.

I keep wishing that GL would do the Brookwood in half scale, and laser cut the kit. I think that's the only house that could tempt me out of my determination to only own two dollhouses.

Thanks Tracy, for 'restarting' this thread. :hug:

J

I'm working on the Laurel, in the finishing stages now, adding the last three roof pieces, gluing in the stairs, adding a porch light, edge trim and a final coat of touch up paint and she'll be done.

~Wing~

• Like 1

I recently downloaded the one and only dollhouse book available for the Kindle. It has my imagination working again and I am creating a tree "house" that has merged with a wizard's tower using the book as my inspiration. I need to see if my boss can cut this industrial tube I found to use as my tower form. I plan to use both 2D and 3D elements, a whole lot of whimsey, and maybe mix my scales a bit.

Does anyone know if the GL vinyl tiles are flexible enough to stay adhered to a curved surface without popping up?

I'm finally finishing up with my Beacon Hill and its residents. I'm just putting the finishing touches on the house, and I have two more doll kits that I've dressed but still need wigging. I've also just started my latest project, the Malibu Beach House from Dollshouse Emporium.

Does anyone know if the GL vinyl tiles are flexible enough to stay adhered to a curved surface without popping up?

They might curve slightly around a surface if you apply extra glue, but they aren't extremely flexible. They will break if you bend them too much.

They might curve slightly around a surface if you apply extra glue, but they aren't extremely flexible. They will break if you bend them too much.

Oh boogers. Thanks for the heads up! That means I have to think flat or square :hug:

I bought a piece of vinyl flooring at the Restore and cut it into pieces. The material was thin enough to bend around corners and with the use of silicon adhesive stayed put very well. It was very easy to cut and I think it looks good. There are pictures here.

Oh boogers. Thanks for the heads up! That means I have to think flat or square :p

Bah Humbug! There will be no boogers here :hug: ...don't think flat or square, go with your original idea and just use a different brand of tile. There's plenty of tile out there that's more flexible. Here's a link to Disacc Maquett S.L., they have great tile and if you don't want to order directly from them (since they're out of the country) there are plenty of places right here in the USA, and especially online, that sell them. I got my last two shipments of their tile on eBay. http://www.disacc.com/frameen.htm

I am working on a bit here and there but cannot document any of it since someone's child (not my own) busted my camera. :hug: I don't have *proof* of her son doing it though, so I am totally SOL. Rawrg.

My current list of dohickys is:

the Highland

Fantasy Villa by Creatology

1/4 scale village

stuff for Etsy (though that is stalling out since you can't sell stuff without pictures)

dollhouse with porch

various furniture pieces

various paintings

and most importantly........ anxiously waiting for my FLING house to get here!!!!

I am hoping to get some stuff done this week since I will be without an extra child (Spring Break, mom has it off). Wish me luck!

...Does anyone know if the GL vinyl tiles are flexible enough to stay adhered to a curved surface without popping up?
I have found boxes of el cheapo floor tiles at Family Dollar that are erally thin and easy to cut and VERY flexible.

My first efforts at making new trims for Mildred has been keeping me busy. Have I psted how upset I am that Michael's and HL have no longer carry the mini millwork I've been using? <boo, hiss!> I stained a bunch of the $Tree bamboo cocktail forks and cut them to use as balusters for Mildred's first floor stairs.

I just used some of those tiles today. Well, I pulled them out of the package to set up the conservatory. They aren't put in place yet. They are definitely not flexible, but they do look awesome. :hug: Pics in the gallery of the conservatory.

If you're VERY careful, and patient, you might try using a heat gun to soften those GL tiles. Of course, if you use porcelain tiling a heat gun is useless..but anything soft or organic can be heated and softened enough to bend enough to fit a slightlyl curved surface.

I love my heat gun so much! It really comes in handy for projects like that. Just be careful not to train it on what you want to soften up, for too long. That gun is H O T ! If you hold it near a surface too long it might melt!

And while I hate to think I might even need to point this out....a word of warning for those who like to blow air on their kitties or dogs as a joke...this tool is NOT FOR THAT..it will burn your pets ..it's not a hair dryer or the blower end of a vaccuum..heat guns were originally created to strip paint from wooden surfaces and the air is super hot.... it'll blister their noses and mouths! Keep the heat gun away from children too..it's as dangerous as an electric household heater.

Also, do not leave this tool running on your counter, even though it has a 'stand'..if it's accidently pointed at something, that something may be on fire when you return, because whatever it was pointed at, has paint on it, or contains volatile chemicals.

When I am done with my heat gun, I carry it over to the stove, and let it cool off there, on a wide, heat-safe surface. I treat it just like I might treat a hot pan. Yes, It can be a risky tool to use, but it's applications make it worth having around.

You can find craft hot guns at places like JoAnn's and HobbyLobby..and if you watch for a sale you can get one for about 10-12 bucks. But to me at least, they're worth their weight in gold!

• Like 1

We have a heat gun at work, so I might give that a shot. I already bought the GL tiles, I should have asked here first about how flexible they aren't before whipping out the charge card. I'll look around town to see if I can find something more flexible to use, thanks for the tips!

I guess I could use the GL tiles on the exterior of the Morningside Mansion. They are pale grey so that might look nice. I don't have a grey house yet, maybe I could set the grey off with light pink and charcoal grey trim.

I finally did something today! Yay! Not much though.

I glued the floors in the bathroom, kitchen, and bedroom. They had all been ready, just sitting, so now they are glued and drying. I then will need to put poly on 2 of them, but it's too yucky outside, and it's just way too smelly for me to do it in here.

I'm trying to decide if I want to put in interior doors. As soon as I decide that I can get going on baseboards.

1 more week until spring break, hopefully I can gets lots done and stay motivated.

I still have quite a bit left to do but I got the stucco and timber siding on this weekend. I need to finish the stonework for the fireplace and foundation. It will look like the chimney. I also have to make and hinge the doors.

I had planned to cover the roofs with moss. I mixed together a base color for under the moss and ended up really liking it, so I am conflicted about the moss now. The color now looks like lichen instead. I am going to have to run this by my niece who is enjoying being my consultant.

I posted some pics in my gallery:

Aster Exterior