What's everyone working on?

Life has been rather stressful lately, but I managed to slip out to my Craft Oasis last night for a few hours after the rest of the household went to bed. When I step through that door - and lock it behind me - the world just fades away. I even love the smell of the room with wood and paper and glue and kits - all the good stuff! :cloud9:

I have started on a roombox which has been on my drawing board for a couple years already. It will be for two of the dolls I got from Wolfie - a boudoir with a little sitting room at the entryway. I got the openings for the door and two windows all squared and sanded. The door said it was for a certain opening, which is exactly what the roombox had, but it was almost 1/4" too narrow - the opening that is. So I worked on that for awhile to get it to fit.  I need some more paint before I can start on the "real" work, but at least it was a start, and I had about 2 hours of de-stressing with Gospel music playing on the CD player and miniatures spread out in front of me. Doesn't get any better than that! 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, bluebear said:

The dead roses look great! Looks just like what I'm used to seeing my roses look like....

8 hours ago, Gee said:

LOL Bluebear, I know what you mean.. I made them after mine :)

Did I miss the brown spots my roses always got? and the whitish areas?  Seriously, Gerda, yours are excellent!

• Like 1

Well whilst everyone's been making mind blowing stuff like flowers and drawer locks I've been playing with rubbish again!........and by that I mean the materials! I was using the extension reel this morning mending a bit of wind damaged fence in the garden when the idea struck.........so I made a couple of smaller ones!

TH067s.jpg

6 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

{big hug!!!}  Deb is back!!!  Baby sister, it isn't the same around here without you!

Hey Sis!!!  Sorry I've been missing.  Too much real life stuff again but I sure did miss you all!  I'm still not back in the studio but gradually getting over a nasty influenza (again) and redesigning my website while stuck in bed.  Sometimes going thru old pictures is a form of inspiration since each close up reminds me of what I was doing and how I felt while I was in that creative moment so I'm itching to get back to making some new memories.  The Tennyson is still my top priority although after seeing Nutti's McKinley in person I'm even more motivated than ever to start on that kit next!   I'm also  getting ready to start on dressing some wild living room furniture and a pretty bed for Lynette and really looking forward to that.   

Anyway, love and hugs to everyone!!!!  I missed you all and will try to catch up on PMs as I can and be around more.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Deb said:

Hey Sis!!!  Sorry I've been missing.  Too much real life stuff again but I sure did miss you all!  I.....   Anyway, love and hugs to everyone!!!!  I missed you all and will try to catch up on PMs as I can and be around more.  

Yeah !!!! Deb I miss you SO much. So glad you popped in. I've been waiting so long to see you.

• Like 1

Mike, I'm beginning to believe you have a machine controlled by your mind's eye -- all you have to do is imagine the item and the machine coughs it out! The cord holder and tools are precious.

Deb, glad to see you back in the fold! I'm jealous that you and Lynette get to play together and am urging Lloyd toward a road trip. We have relatives in Arizona, his relatives, so maybe ...

8 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Deb, glad to see you back in the fold! I'm jealous that you and Lynette get to play together and am urging Lloyd toward a road trip. We have relatives in Arizona, his relatives, so maybe ...

Kathie, Bruce and I would love to see you guys again and it would be such fun!   <grinning>  Getting you together with Lynette and I would be a fabulous time!!  As always dear lady, my welcome mat is out for you.  :flowers:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Ever heard the term proprietary secrets? If he tells you, he may have to kill you. :D

My sister's family all had t-shirts with logos with that saying on it when they were active military. Because of their positions it seemed like they were forever getting questions that they truly couldn't answer, for real. The levity of the t-shirts helped to diffuse some of the awkward circumstances they found themselves in sometimes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deb said:

Mike, those are awesome!  I *adore* mini tools!

Thanks Deb, I'm enjoying thinking of ways to do them.........not much available here in the UK!

4 hours ago, bluebear said:

Mike, love those little mini reels. You really can make anything. :) I have never seen anything like those, I need to see if I can find me (a real sized) one, that looks like all kinds of useful!

Thanks Tracy......They (the full sized) are very useful....can't imagine being without!

4 hours ago, claireliontamer said:

Mike, those are adorable.  I want them, even though I have no plans for a mini-workshop!

I've mainly been making bricks today.  

Thank you Claire..........you might need one for around the house though!

I'm afraid I take the lazy route as far as bricks are concerned!.......All my bricks come in one thin Mylar sheet!

Bromley brick stencils!........I just love these labour saving devices!

4 hours ago, KathieB said:

Mike, I'm beginning to believe you have a machine controlled by your mind's eye -- all you have to do is imagine the item and the machine coughs it out! The cord holder and tools are precious.

Wouldn't that just be great Kathie........I'd be a sensation at a doll house fair, I could just sit in a tent thinking minis! A 3D fortune teller!

1 hour ago, pawsplus said:

What are they made of, Mike?

2 x bits of Dowel.  4 x discs of Mount Card.  2 x lengths of stripped down Data Cable.  2 x lengths of 1.5mm Aluminium Rod.  A very small amount of 'Big Red Kiss' paint........(made up name!)..........Woodworkers PVA Glue.     A couple of dozen magic words.......(Not in front of the children!)............That's about it really........apart from a little luck!

I love all of the projects! Those dead roses are amazing, and Mike, you nailed the tools! (get it?)

I'm working on a HOM grandmother clock. It's almost ready to start the finish coats, so should be finished in the next week or so. Working on more little bits of accessories for the Orchid, and the big news? Started the next build! I'm building the RGT barn, converted to a house. I'm hoping that it goes together smoothly and quickly, because I'm itching to start the Glencroft, too. The bottom floor shell is glued together and drying, and I'm going to start cutting flooring strips. Usually when I've bought the siding strips from HBS, they're pretty smooth and even, maybe a few strips of interesting heartwood. I got very lucky and got a few packs with really rustic, streaky, knarly wood, perfect for an old barn floor!   

• Like 2