What's everyone working on?

If I take my glasses off and don't remember where I've put them I have to call someone in to look for them. Otherwise, I'm so blind, I have to feel around for my glasses to find them.

Jodi, if you won't tell, I won't tell. We have to reserve some shreds of dignity. LOL

• Like 1

What's everyone working on?

As I am sure most know, San Franciscan 555 which i got for $50 (usa) off facebook. Been stuck on windows,decorating and small tweaks. Think I am going to start assembly the stairs or some furniture this weekend. Both are small enough I can set up a space here at computer desk. Plus It is air conditioned inside.. :p 

Im back again...my daughter has informed of us that there will be another Wedding...this one will be one month before our big Wedding cruise for the oldest...sigh...and if that wasnt exciting/stressful enough a new gran to spoil in March or April...how fun...I must put a huge push on the TumbleWeed before I am working day and night to embroider another blanket as she has decried each of her kids need one...sigh

ooooo and if they find out its to be a girl her house must be ready for kid play by the baby shower where it is to be displayed....

I put some new photos in the Album of my little progress...like changing the upstairs dividing wall....made all the difference in the over all feel of the rooms...

Kelly it is in this album you can see some of the wicker I have painted...

• Like 1

My club is building 25 Primroses for our March show. This is my project, inspired from Caroline's CinderellaMoments.com who is the master at building creative Primroses.  The corrugated card is  easily dented so the rest of the exterior will not be installed until the last minute. There will be a step to the front door.

image.jpeg

I'm getting overwhelmed!!  I have so many ideas in my head as to what I want to do with my house!!  While I'm waiting for inspiration on the stairs I've been stiching an area rug.  Not sure if I like it.  Started building some furniture from kits I bought.  I'm really wishing I could work as fast as I come up with ideas!!.  Everyone on here has given me so much inspiration!!  I truly hope my final product will be worthy of the inspiration I have been given.  I LOVE THIS FORUM!

1 hour ago, dsrtdrifter said:

I'm getting overwhelmed!!  I have so many ideas in my head as to what I want to do with my house!!  While I'm waiting for inspiration on the stairs I've been stiching an area rug.  Not sure if I like it.  Started building some furniture from kits I bought.  I'm really wishing I could work as fast as I come up with ideas!!.  Everyone on here has given me so much inspiration!!  I truly hope my final product will be worthy of the inspiration I have been given.  I LOVE THIS FORUM!

Save some of those ideas for the next house.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2016, 2:48:20, rodentraiser said:

If I take my glasses off and don't remember where I've put them I have to call someone in to look for them. Otherwise, I'm so blind, I have to feel around for my glasses to find them.

I'll put them down on the table in front of me and can hardly see them. So far I've been able to avoid asking DH for help, but I often wish I could get readers in bright red or maybe sparkly gold that would catch the light. I sometimes think that the first Impressionist painters might have just taken their glasses off and painted the landscape just as they saw it, because that's  how I see things with mine off.

Back in the 1960s & 70s my glasses had frames in bright colors  and/ or with sparkly bits, and my vision wasn't bad enough to need something like that to find them.  You'd think the eyeglass frame designers would keep doing that! for us older folks who see things in splotches of fuzzy colors without them.

My tables are bugging me, I can't figure out why.  My daughter wants an upcycled look.  Also worked on the flowers and filled in the garden beds on the patios - I'm not that good at the fiddle stuff ...

im debating, do I paint the metal on the tables black? White? Rust them up?  I also, just now think, I could run some lace around the edge and cover up the loop look on the underside.  I'm using fairy table, I made the wood table tops

I like the paper it all goes together nicely sharon,

I have had company at my place my friend came with her 2 dogs to play with my 2 dogs and we baked a cake and she played in my niche with me...although I do not have a solid plan for the sales room I decided to paint over the primer for a more finished look and that led to a need for texture with led to a hunt for my stash of fav toilet paper...yes I have a certain kind I prefer to use for wall texturing...which my friend chuckled out loud at me for:dunno:

...I dint get it finished because Im having Dean cut the door wider so our view out to the green house is less obscured...

and the white craigslist house is coming back to me...seems her mini business is really going well and its out of her house and that mean lots of stock...she said maybe in 4 or 5 yrs lol...absolutely NO idea where it will live...my niche is full with the Taft still unsure of its final display place ...lol...ooo such problems...I hate to have even one house isolated from the others...busy weeks ahead for me...:drive:

• Like 1

May I ask? What do use the toilet paper for?  Can you point me to a picture?

when I finish the bakery I need to get back to my winter house, and I very interested wall finishes, as I have decsions to be made for it

hmmmmm in what house Have I used it?....better question is which house doesnt have it? lol....

the first house I used it on was my haunted house...I used it on the outside...the last house I used it on was the Chantilly in the kitchen and the bedroom... and roof...

all my dollhouse building is budget building and I do not care to wall paper but plain painting doesnt satisfy...so for me the texture is perfect with just a little effort with the extra perk of when it all dries it helps (in my mind) make the structure a little more solid...it seems to be my go to solution now...

and the looks on peoples faces when they ask...ooo how did you get it to look like that?! its priceless....

I used to mix a little fine sand into my paint for the stucco look....but IMHO that finish is not kid friendly...this is...

4 hours ago, smjsome said:

May I ask? What do use the toilet paper for?  Can you point me to a picture?

The paper is applied in a layer on a painted surface -- latex or acrylic or gesso, maybe with a bit of white glue mixed in, maybe not -- and then smooshed around with a stiff brush into low ridges in various patterns to resemble stucco. It is surprisingly versatile, texture-wise. Once dry, it can be painted to add or change color.

Well, my work project for the weekend/week was cleaning out and re-organizing my work room! :construction:   I bought another metal shelf unit large enough to accommodate the bigger houses I've been getting lately.  Shoved some work tables around, moved the new shelf into position, moved around the houses-in-waiting, cleared out the trash pile (found a few things I'd forgotten about!) and now I have a much neater/workable area!  Yay!

All that cleaning and organizing is not only for sanity reasons, but mostly because I needed more work space ...... for another project!!  ACK!  Yup- I couldn't say no - so here is my last-minute Christmas project for a client  . . . . It apparently was a base (used with a train set?) for under a Christmas tree.

Rob Christmas house.jpg

Had some time today, alone, and way to hot to mow my grass, so I went up to the attic, with the vague idea to make a bunting to go over the bakery courtyard.

instead, I made a produce stand for the space beside the doors, in the courtyard.  Husbands long recovery after surgery yielded many polymer clay experiments, so I needed a place for them.  I beefed up his vegs and such with some random stuff from the stash.

I think it needs some sort of signage, so pondering how to make some little stakes to stick in the baskets

Theresa, I'm right there with you in regards to it being so humid in Ohio you drip standing still! Sad point is for the last three days the sky has become so cloudy with plenty of thunder and lightening -- and of course, not one blessed drop of rain! Ugh! Anyways, I'm still working on revamping my interior workspace with freshly patched walls and new paint as well as trying to pare down some of my minis that I don't see using in any of my houses/roomboxes.

All in all, between jumping through hoops to secure the new work from home job and redoing my living and working spaces here at the old homestead haven't really gotten to work on my Brownstone recently. Bright side, I am actually doing well on getting more houses out into the shop for the time being so I can get everything painted and situated a bit more sensibly for working on my houses inside during the winter months... but geesh it would be so nice to get a break from the heat and humidity here -- my head looks like a red brillo pad right now with the frizz factor!  :afro:

1 hour ago, smjsome said:

Had some time today, alone, and way to hot to mow my grass, so I went up to the attic, with the vague idea to make a bunting to go over the bakery courtyard.

instead, I made a produce stand for the space beside the doors, in the courtyard.  Husbands long recovery after surgery yielded many polymer clay experiments, so I needed a place for them.  I beefed up his vegs and such with some random stuff from the stash.

I think it needs some sort of signage, so pondering how to make some little stakes to stick in the baskets

Deping on how large the signa need to be, sometimes the thingy that holds a tag on clothes is a perfect shape, I have seen it used in flower pots and herbal gardens to tell whats there, but you might be wanting larger ones? 

14 hours ago, thresadep said:

It's so gawdawful humid here..like you sweat standing still. So not been working on anything. :cry: in the meantime,I have been researching my next doll house purchase. 

Ditto!  Last nite I was staining the floors for my rehab house outside: I put up a folding table just outside the sliding door to my downstairs work room...the deck is above, so it's a nice little patio area to sit in the shade or work on dollhouses.  ;)  This is where I keep all of my indoor house plants over the summer.  They love it down here!  

Anywho-  yeah, staining away and sweat rolling into my eyes so that I can't see what I am doing.  Almost wiped my sweaty face with the staining rag!  LOL  Today is supposed to be even worse than yesterday. ugh.  They are promising storms tonite.  Hope so - we really need the rain!