What's everyone working on?

Linda, there is no etched in stone rule that every wall MUST be covered in wallpaper; it's OK to have painted walls in some rooms (off white? ecru? very pale blue?) and perhaps just use paper on one wall, or even the upper half of a wall, with paint and a chair rail or a wainscot below.

• Like 2

Well, I'm going to keep browsing, probably will buy at least a few sets of papers that I really love. I think I'll get the exterior painted and flooring in, then make a decision. Flooring ideas are coming together, though. Except the kitchen...no idea about the kitchen...walls or floors. I'm using the Roper stove and fridge that came with the house, so vintage something, but what? I thought of a terra cotta floor, or maybe brick, or whitewashed wood. No clue on the walls...nothing is speaking to me. There's no window in that room, so it's a bit dark and plain.  

I haven't managed a whole lot in the last several days unfortunately. I did manage to finish and get a bed skirt glued in place on one bed I've been working on. Tonight my pup and I also managed to get some more siding on the Plum Pudding rehab. I somehow also managed to get stung by a wasp and didn't realize it til well after the fact... Figures it got me right in the palm, but thankfully I think I've managed to get stung by so many different things like that throughout the years that it really didn't hurt and hasn't had any sort of swelling or reaction. Counting myself lucky for the evening and hoping to get back out to the shop and finish the siding up tomorrow.

For the rest of the evening I'm focusing on finishing up my faux stained glass for the brownstone.

I've been furiously working on the tiny stump, mostly the outside areas, a pond, etc.  a cave to hold the battery - its been such fun

I'm sick, so have all the excuse I need to stay home!

I realized my bed was too short, so took it apart and rebuilt it, made wicker for roof.  They need dressing - how do I make pillows that small?  

last night I was cleaning up and decided - needs a door!  So ended up staying up till 1 am ..... at 2 am I thought, fence along cliff edge!  Luckily I'd already taken the meds and was in bed.  But, I have some time now!

I just picked up a nicely priced, already built Bellingham off of craigslist that I can (hopefully) quickly rehab for my niece for Christmas. I'm also thinking of beginning to livestream some of my crafting on Twitch where I watch friends play video games. They have a Creative channel and people cross stitch or colour or do glass blowing or pretty much anything artsy but I've seen only one or two saved videos of miniatures on there. My crafty and geeky friends have said that they're interested in watching so I may start that up. It would be a good motivation for me to focus on it too. As for the tech side, my husband is getting excited and talking webcams and how we'd set it up.

Still tweaking my San Fran. lately not much time after work to fiddle with it.  My goal is to be done Sunday. I have a 6 room  Greenleaf furniture set that I may put together this weekend. Then place them in the san fran to attract more offers. Not that it's a great furniture set but good enough for adding a bit to the house on a budget.  Can't wait to start my rehab house. 

• Like 1

slow progress on the Queen...its down to the touch up of the house and the windows....today I invested in some better brushes with angles...some days I see better then others and its standing and leaning to do the 2nd floor...DH keeps telling me he will help but we always find other things more pressing with the Holidays and 2 weddings one with cruise fast approaching... so I work as long as I can standing and then sit for some...but Im almost completly done with sitting down lol....dern it... also while shopping I found more of the shells I wanted to use for the Queens base....I now have the 4 bags I felt would do the job...Im itching to get started...but first those windows...I now have 9 out of 25 finished...keep in mind that some of these windows are double windows and with all things being painted over light from dark...2nd coat and endless touch ups....I really had no idea what I was getting myself into!!  and each time I reach a done point I again am impressed by those of you who do this type of thing exclusively...:2nd:

I want to do something fun or unusual to the porch steps....the outer sides???....thinking about using some egg carton brick between the steps...also painting it white?    my daughter got me e-card from HBS but I am undecided so Im letting it sit until maybe she and hopefully her brothers will do the same at Christmas and I can get something....like my Reuter's fridge!!!   

this week its 2 fall arrangements for the columns being used for Catriona's wedding in 2 weeks.....her shoulder shawl....and painting and decorating the cupcake stand....thats my list...and in between paint the endless windows....I think I have one more double window to do and then it will all be singles and should move faster.....

nutti the chaotic crafter rides again:scooter:

We needed to get the oil changed in my husband's truck today, so we had to go to Bangor, Maine. I never knew there was a Harbor Freight there, until today.

I finally got one of those wonderful wooden eight drawer chests that I've wanted forever!!! Now I can keep all my miniature tools in one place, rather than a bunch of divided plastic containers! The top section is deep enough for my little aluminum miter box, and will also hold my flexible shaft thing for my dremel, and an 18" steel ruler, as well as other things.

The other drawers will hold X-Acto knives and blades, miniature drills and pin vises, scissors, tiny screwdrivers, pencils, miniature files and sand paper, and other things.

I'm putting all my miniature lighting stuff in the bottom drawer!

I may try to get my husband to make dividers for some of the other drawers as well. Only the top two have dividers. I love it!

image_11844.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I have that workbench from Harbor Freight!

Now I want another one to hold all my polymer clay and clay tools! I've known about these for quite a few years, but I resisted sending for one. I had no idea there was a Harbor Freight only two hours away. They have a ton of miniature tools!

3 hours ago, kathi17 said:

Now I want another one to hold all my polymer clay and clay tools! I've known about these for quite a few years, but I resisted sending for one. I had no idea there was a Harbor Freight only two hours away. They have a ton of miniature tools!

I have a Harbor Frieght just 20 minutes from me. Going tomorrow to check this out. Thanks 

• Like 1

In addition to my workbench I got my mini table saw and jeweler's loupe from HF, and when they have one of their sales they re  major source of clamps of all sizes, as well as accessories to fit my Dremels.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

In addition to my workbench I got my mini table saw and jeweler's loupe from HF, and when they have one of their sales they re  major source of clamps of all sizes, as well as accessories to fit my Dremels.

I saw all those jeweler's loupes, and they were at really good prices. They have so many wonderful tools for miniaturists!

Love seeing what everyone has been working on. Didn't get too much done yesterday, but did manage to do the equivalency of repointing the brickwork on the Brownstone that had me unhappy. I'm liking it much better now! In addition, as odd as it sounds I've been collecting tree branches while helping my folks with firewood this year. There were a number of smaller branches that my folks won't use in their stove in the house, and I couldn't see using in my stove in the shop... but they were such an ideal size I couldn't see leaving them to rot back into the forest.

So instead I've been collecting them, and I'm hoping later today to head out and start slicing them so that I'll be able to do a cord wood look floor in miniature. I'll be baking these slices to remove any insects/larvae that may be in them before use. I have an old Walmer Huntin' Hut, which has an A Frame style and for as rustic as the kit is starting out -- I'm thinking I'm going to do a more "modern rustic" look. Thinking of doing some fun and definitely different finishes on this one!  Think I'm going to go for a more modern look inside and out on it. If I'm recalling correctly with this kit there are only a couple of windows at the front and they're small. Thinking of re-making that front wall into a wall of windows... should prove to be a learning experience when I get to it.  :)

Woo hoo!  My tree stump is as finished as it needs to be for now.  I have one day to "finish" the bakery tomorrow, wish me luck!

the tree stump my pond resin hardened and I am super happy, I figured out how to make a little lamp for the bed side table, and I will eventually make some pillows and such for the roof top wicker.

pictures aren't loading for me, hopefully soon.

• Like 1

Well, I'm in Texas visiting grandkids.  Since they are in school most of the day, I have been working on repairs to her magnolia and putting together a sofa.  It's a kit by "1 inch minis".  I got it from HBS.  Her instructions are great.  Mostly finished, but no where near as good as hers.

Okay!  Marathon of miniatures, and I'm as done as I need to be on both the tree stump and the bakery for my daughter.  I'm sure I'll have new ideas, or find things that feel like they fit and add or change, but I'm as "finished" as I wanted to be by today

The stump I found while junking this summer, it was crumbling, but so cute.  My first attempt at such a tiny scale!  Needs some pillows, etc, accessories.

Someone had used cups and some sort of clay to make it, and did such a great job.  I added wood floors, and a door, and all the furniture.  And lights, since it fell apart in my hands and I was able to run lights up into it.  I also was able to lift it up and put it on a lazy Susan, which gave me room for an extensive garden.

• Like 1