What's everyone working on?

It is a nice pink,  I agree with Holly about about grey cabinets. Something with a complimentary contrast will really look pretty. Plus, it is your house and you can decorate it however you like;) That's one of the many perks of miniatures.

I have been working on my real house today, as miniatures have taken over my life, my laundry and other chores are not getting done.

I worked on the outside of my room box yesterday and the building inspector came by for a peek.

Coco inspecting.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Thank you, Holly and Jackie. There's only one problem. When I put the shower against the wall, there's a gap!:doh: You know, I spend more time figuring out how to fix the problems I make for myself than I do creating them.

Anyway, here's a better pic of the bathroom - this is truer to the colors. Even though this is in the daylight, I still have to take pics with a flash - my camera refuses to take any picture without a flash. Yes, I still need a new camera.

And here is the kitchen. Unfortunately, this is also very true to its color. Yes, it's that pink!

So what do you guys think - keep it or ditch it?

I love the colors and the bathroom! Go with the pink instead of fighting against it. The best older homes have the quirkiest details that make it fun. The shower will be an adorable quirk.

BTW... PM me your address Kelly - I have a Nikon Coolpix camera that has been sitting untouched in my cabinet for over two years. I'd love for it to have a good home...

35 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

It is a nice pink,  I agree with Holly about about grey cabinets. Something with a complimentary contrast will really look pretty. Plus, it is your house and you can decorate it however you like;) That's one of the many perks of miniatures.

I have been working on my real house today, as miniatures have taken over my life, my laundry and other chores are not getting done.

I worked on the outside of my room box yesterday and the building inspector came by for a peek.

Coco inspecting.jpg

Cute house and kitty!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Coco inspecting.jpg

Gorgeous house and I just want to pick up that cat and hug her (him?). I so miss having an animal in  my life.

You guys are all in cahoots with Lisa, aren't you. She likes the pink kitchen, too. In fact, the only one who doesn't like it is me!

The living room is going to be a cream and pink roses wallpaper with a moss green carpet (already have that), so what I might do in the kitchen is make the appliances a nice, soft moss green and cream color.

Jenn, I'm going for shabby chic. My goal was to get chic before it went shabby, but I think I'm succeeding at the shabby all too well.

Everyone with a cat or dog (or any other animal), please pick them up and hug them for me.

I can just hear that cat purring when her (his?) chin is scratched.

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

The living room is going to be a cream and pink roses wallpaper with a moss green carpet (already have that), so what I might do in the kitchen is make the appliances a nice, soft moss green and cream color.

That will be lovely!  (And I like the pink kitchen, too.)

2 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Carrie, I hope the room box passed inspection.  That's a very sweet looking kitty, and yes, Kelly, I picked up my little fur person and covered her with kisses.  (She is now bathing vigorously to clean them off.)

Deborah, that building inspector is downright adorable! I also love the look of your roombox exterior.  :) As for myself, I had a day off today which was beyond needed b/c it's the first I've had off in over two months that I've not ended up in my workplace! While I've not gotten as much done on my Plum Pudding rehab as I'd like, I have at least gotten all of the shingles finally finished. Definite plus there for me, b/c while I love the looks of them they weren't the easiest to get put on with the resources I had. lol I am grateful that tomorrow I have a fairly early and short day at work, so that when I get home I can finish mitering my trim pieces for the kitchen and living room and I hope get those installed. 

It's funny as I continue working on this rehab... can't really claim to have done a house in a specific color theme before. This one however I dare say is going to be all shades of greens, blues, and greys. Wasn't intending that initially, but every paper and paint I've picked seems to reflect at least one or more of those colors. Should be interesting once I finish it up, to see how it all looks together...

I made a phone call to a friend last night in which he mainly talks and I listen, but I also get some time to work on the house. Last night I did the bedroom. These still aren't the best pics, but they could be much worse:

23185531qGIbcfXw.jpg.31d47e6db51102311fe

23185615AJZVRTA6.jpg.1ce0983919d1240bdb1

Again, these were done with a flash, so it sort of washes out the cream colored woodwork. However, it does show where I still need to do some touch ups.

I also finished the shower and mod podged both it and the bathroom floor. Not so you'd notice though. But at least now when the dust collects on the floor, I can wipe it off without wrecking the paper.

Deborah, isn't it maddening how cats do that? I used to pick up my mice and scratch them on the head - they loved that. And then as soon as I put them back down in the cage, they'd start grooming themselves. It's sort of insulting. LOL

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

I made a phone call to a friend last night in which he mainly talks and I listen, but I also get some time to work on the house. Last night I did the bedroom. These still aren't the best pics, but they could be much worse:

23185531qGIbcfXw.jpg.31d47e6db51102311fe

23185615AJZVRTA6.jpg.1ce0983919d1240bdb1

Again, these were done with a flash, so it sort of washes out the cream colored woodwork. However, it does show where I still need to do some touch ups.

I also finished the shower and mod podged both it and the bathroom floor. Not so you'd notice though. But at least now when the dust collects on the floor, I can wipe it off without wrecking the paper.

Deborah, isn't it maddening how cats do that? I used to pick up my mice and scratch them on the head - they loved that. And then as soon as I put them back down in the cage, they'd start grooming themselves. It's sort of insulting. LOL

That's a lovely white floor!

7 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Kelly, I like that the bathroom and bedroom papers have diagonal patterns. It ties them together nicely without being matchy-matchy.

Thank you, Carrie. Although I'm still eyeing that kitchen....

Kathie, I never thought about that for the wallpaper. What I noticed after I got done with the bedroom, was I should have made the boards on the eaves go diagonally as well, instead of straight across. Well, I will remember that for the Glencroft. I guess that's just what happens when you're gluing in boards while watching TV and listening to 2 hours of non-stop police sirens. *sigh*

Anyway, it's back to the drawing board for the bathroom. I tried putting the shower in the bathroom and wrecked part of the paper. I'm going to try to replace it and see how that works out.

Yesterday the Houseboat made the trip from storage to the condo, the last leg of its journey from Missouri, in excellent shape. The big test, the lights, all work. :)  The Pierce/Bohemian Inn will come over today. All of my houses will be under one roof. Almost done with the workroom/museum redecoration. Eager to take pictures to show y'all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

Yesterday the Houseboat made the trip from storage to the condo, the last leg of its journey from Missouri, in excellent shape. The big test, the lights, all work. :)  The Pierce/Bohemian Inn will come over today. All of my houses will be under one roof. Almost done with the workroom/museum redecoration. Eager to take pictures to show y'all. 

We're no less eager to see them!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, havanaholly said:

We're no less eager to see them!

5 hours ago, Anna said:

What Holly Said!

hugs

4 hours ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

I offer my enthusiastic third to that motion, Kathie! Can't wait to see how you've got it set up!

The Pierce/Bohemian Inn is here! I'm sorting through some of Lloyd's artwork to hang. When that's done, it will be picture time. :D 

• Like 3

I'm still plugging away at my Fairfield.    I have never chopped off, shaved, sanded, rearranged so many pieces of a dollhouse in my life!   Don't even ask me about the second floor pieces!!!:doh:    Anyway,  I am making progress of sorts with all the alterations and modifications.   Don't laugh but I would like to build another one if and when I get this one together.  Then I can say I used this one as a learning experience!  

I was wondering if New England Miniatures is still online somewhere?    I want to do a colonial half scale next and am wondering where I can find colonial furniture.  
Grazhina if you are in here please let me know!!!  ( Did I spell that right?) 

OK, there is a compromise worked out in the Arthur kitchen. The wallpaper stays, the floor goes. Lisa simply put a piece of wallpaper in the kitchen that was white side up - and it changed the entire look to what I had originally wanted. So this week I'll be working on the windows and staircase and looking for some lighter-than-neon-pink flooring.

• Like 1

On Saturday, March 25, 2017 4:32:11, havanaholly said:

Roxy, I'm pretty sure Grazhina closed down New England Miniatures. but she can  probably help you when she sees this.  BTW, where IS Grazhe?

I think she did, but she can probably be contacted through her web page:

http://grazhinas-dollhouses.blogspot.com/

• Like 1

I want to find a simpel yet dainty looking white chandelier, but is there anyone out there on the market? Nope! I have a general Idea of what I want, and were Wondering if anyone here has Painted a  chandelier base with a good outcome? There is onethat comes in black that might work, but then again it includes painting the chain and everything and not get the paint into the light sockets...

<muttering> 

Hugs

39 minutes ago, Anna said:

it includes painting the chain and everything and not get the paint into the light sockets...

Can you plug the light sockets with a bit of putty or something similar? Or put a light bulb in the socket while painting, then take it out before the paint dries and cements it in place? You're good with tedious, tiny details. This sounds like a project most definitely in your wheelhouse.

• Like 1