What's everyone working on?

Got the house done for the auction, and it is loaded in the car for delivery later this morning. All in all I'm pretty pleased, although there are a couple things I would redo differently if I had the chance. But it should be fine. So cross your fingers it does well! I'll work on getting pictures up this weekend.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sparklepuppies said:

Got the house done for the auction, and it is loaded in the car for delivery later this morning. All in all I'm pretty pleased, although there are a couple things I would redo differently if I had the chance. But it should be fine. So cross your fingers it does well! I'll work on getting pictures up this weekend.

Good luck with the auction! Let us know how it went of course. 

Sable...great idea with the irons lol 

My Porch is done, just need a cushion for the wicker chair, hang a few spring decor items!  Yay.  Fits perfectly in it's spot in the dining room cabinet

i wish I could get pics to load!

and the trash can newberg is all there, except the scallops/fish scale sheets.  I can make those easily!

yaya!

• Like 1

Not too much to report in regards to the Plum Pudding(that's the one in the house with me), other than I decided to install a copper ceiling in the kitchen. I painted the plate rack trim today, first time using milk paint but I like the looks of it so far. Thinking I'll do that trim in a blue color, and then the crown and baseboard painted in the slightly creamy white color of the chalk paint I used on the beadboard. I did get the first sheet of the wallpaper in on the third floor, now for the fun of trying to pattern match on a mansard roof... Otherwise all I really did in miniville today was some more cleaning in the shop and fixing of some of the miniatures I've had that needed help for too long.

Got the craft room.back cleaned up yesterday after getting the farmhouse finished Thursday. Major mini-ing will be on hold for about the next 3 weeks as MIL is coming in town Saturday for a 2 week visit. I did make it to the last day of the mini garage sale at Miniature Designs today, got some 1/4 furniture kits, and also a few HOM kits, and a 1/144 house kit, and a 1/4 room of kit. Fun!!

My Victorian VH600 by Duracraft has shown up. I bought it from Ebay and it was an open box so I was apprehensive that it wouldn't be in tact. I spent the morning meticulously checking the parts list... and everything is there! Well, with the exception of one corner post, but I think that is a kit error because I got an extra of a different kind of corner post.:rolleyes:

Doesn't matter though, it's something I can easily pick up from Manchester Woodworks ... so happy days! :D

@smjsome - glad all your Newberg's important bits are there. 

@sparklepuppies - New kits! Fun. :D

On Thursday, April 27, 2017 4:03:50, MaryBethD said:

Here's my first try at egg carton brickwork. It still needs sealed and grouted, but I'm pretty pleased so far!

IMG_0367.PNG

Wow! I was going to use sandpaper to do my bricks on the shadowbox, but those bricks of yours look so good I'm thinking now maybe I'll use egg cartons and make the outside sort of like a brownstone.

Well, as usual, today was one step forward, a couple steps back again. I got the living room of the Arthur wallpapered and carpeted. I also got the flooring in the kitchen peeled off - I'm going to try a new wallpaper for the floor.

So I get the Arthur living room done and I decided to see what the stairs would look like in there. The staircase I'm using is the one to the Willowcrest and you know those turn twice. Because I had installed the second floor over the stairs originally, I had a really, really hard time getting them out to prime the house. So to save myself some hair pulling trying to put them back in, I cut all the railing off. Stairs should go in like a charm now, right? BEEEP! WRONG! Part of the upper step of the staircase slides in under the ceiling. Well, guess what? That ain't no way gonna happen anymore. Why? Because Miss Smartypants here put a BEAM in that spot. Way to go for thinking ahead here.

Anyway, now I have to cut my staircase up. AGAIN!

• Like 1

I'm working on my first "grown-up" dollhouse, the Glencroft Tudor cottage. I just finished the stairs and understand why carpenters charge so much for putting "real" stairs now! I am enjoying it, but try and stay away from this forum because there are SO MANY great ideas it's pulling me in different directions!
I'm taking Holly's advice and listening to what my house is telling me, but I have future builds already whispering things...

:)

• Like 1

On 4/26/2017, 10:30:24, WyckedWood said:

For some unknown reason I became obsessed with doll making over the past 24 hours. I spent a rainy/snowy day yesterday doing research into what would be involved to make porcelain dolls from molds...decided nevermind...and bought one porcelain "blank" to try to create from that step and two kits that are painted but otherwise need to be put together. I'm really looking forward to trying the wigging. I'd love a maid in my dollhouse since I can't have one in real life :)  

I took a Dana Burton class last year, thinking that my doll was going to turn out horribly but it didn't! She has some great tutorials on her youtube channel and her website. There's also this page with lots of tutorials from several doll artists including Dana. :)

• Like 1

Hi !   I am still plugging away on the Fairfield but its got some to go.  I just posted a question about using the half scale stairs by Houseworks in the half scale Willow.  I think I would like to build the Willow next because I have a bunch of half scale furniture left over. 

On 5/1/2017, 9:27:49, LadyGunn said:

I took a Dana Burton class last year, thinking that my doll was going to turn out horribly but it didn't! She has some great tutorials on her youtube channel and her website. There's also this page with lots of tutorials from several doll artists including Dana. :)

Thank you, I had already been stalking Dana and spent many hours reading thru that tutorial/advice site. I have truly fallen down yet another rabbit hole..seriously is there no end to all of the avenues that this dollhouse hobby can take us?! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WyckedWood said:

Thank you, I had already been stalking Dana and spent many hours reading thru that tutorial/advice site. I have truly fallen down yet another rabbit hole..seriously is there no end to all of the avenues that this dollhouse hobby can take us?! 

I've recently introduced three friends to the joys of this hobby. One commented the other night after our club meeting that in just the few months she's been coming, we've worked with so many different mediums. She's amazed every time she sees something new. I think they're all going to make it to the KC show with Mom and me. :) Three more have succumbed to the siren song of dollhouse miniatures! Muahahaha! ;)

• Like 3

The steps that came with my dollhouse kit left a bit to be desired. So here's a pic of the original open steps that came with the kit and a couple pics of my upgraded steps. I added backs to the stairs and a stair runner then enclosed the back of the staircase. The "carpet" is actually ribbon. There's still some masking tape on the steps as the glue dries but I was excited and wanted to share. I can't believe I'm so "into" my very first dollhouse!

Mary Beth

IMG_0795.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender_2.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MaryBethD said:

The steps that came with my dollhouse kit left a bit to be desired. So here's a pic of the original open steps that came with the kit and a couple pics of my upgraded steps. I added backs to the stairs and a stair runner then enclosed the back of the staircase. The "carpet" is actually ribbon. There's still some masking tape on the steps as the glue dries but I was excited and wanted to share. I can't believe I'm so "into" my very first dollhouse!

Mary Beth

IMG_0795.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender_2.jpg

They look great! And the ribbon/runner is a great idea. A nice modern look. :D

2 hours ago, Samusa said:

They look great! And the ribbon/runner is a great idea. A nice modern look. :D

Thanks! Now I have to figure out wall color and flooring so I can glue them in...