What's everyone working on?

@LadyGunn I'd love to see the doll that you made! I wish we had a section here for dolls...wigging, costuming etc. I have a gazillion questions as I'm trying to gather supplies so I can start. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WyckedWood said:

@LadyGunn I'd love to see the doll that you made! I wish we had a section here for dolls...wigging, costuming etc. I have a gazillion questions as I'm trying to gather supplies so I can start. 

I agree. A doll topic section would be great.

• Like 1

I was finally able bring my current house up to Vero Beach to work on. I figured I had about 10 days to concentrate on it with no interruptions. Just me and my project. Well today I got a call that my next surgery has been moved up to this Tuesday with preop appointment on Monday. It's good news but I really wanted to work on the house. Maybe I'll just leave it here and come back up to it in a few weeks. Something to think about.

Anyway, the application of the real slate roof tiles from Richard Stacey is almost complete. I was a little fearful that I wasn't going to have enough and was going to have to order more slate from England but I think I'm going to make it. Almost finished and I realized I forgot a step. These tiles have a residual gray dust on them from the cutting process. They should be washed first so that the fine dust doesn't trickle down the slate's underside over the years. Well, I forgot to wash them first.  

4 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Good news Sable. Is this the last surgery?

In theory it is. Maybe more fine tuning later. Plus some of my forehead hair is now located at the tip of my nose (I know tmi). Wondering how they are going to fix that?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sable said:

In theory it is. Maybe more fine tuning later. Plus some of my forehead hair is now located at the tip of my nose (I know tmi). Wondering how they are going to fix that?

Hopefully a temporary graft?  Definitely point out to the surgeon in your pre-op appointment that it isn't an outcome you were led to expect.

In Warrensburg,  granddaughter made some fish tonight.   She did great.  They will be on pinterest in a bit in the polymer clay board.  I made baked potatoes tiday, a very SAD roast, and ribs that look like a chocolate bar. (Photos not available lol)

I am not happy with the Arthur. I decided the "Sheepskin" color paint I had used for all the woodwork was too light, so last week I picked up "Parchment". But last night when I started painting, I found out they're the same color! Same brand, different name, same color. Well, I'm not buying any more paint, so at least I don't have to repaint all the woodwork.

I had used wallpaper sheets I photocopied from the only one I had and they looked nice when I glued them in, but last night the whole room looked yellow. Not a good look with green carpet. Then I decided I didn't like the kitchen paper after all and started tearing it out. I finished wallpapering the bathroom and came to the conclusion that I'll need trim in there as well as in the kitchen and living room. From a comfortable shabby chic house, the whole house now looks disjointed, off color, and weird. I'm pretty discouraged.

Ai-yi-yi! I just realized why the room looked yellow. The wallpaper on the right side IS yellower. *smacks head*

So now I notice neither the staircase nor the fireplace will go flush against the wall and the top step that fit perfectly before I took the staircase out and painted it, now has a large gap between the floor and the top step. I think I'm gonna run away from home.

590ccffcd731b_Picture002.thumb.jpg.fe9c6

590ccfa9cff43_Picture004.thumb.jpg.eb1f6

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Ai-yi-yi! I just realized why the room looked yellow. The wallpaper on the right side IS yellower. *smacks head*

So now I notice neither the staircase nor the fireplace will go flush against the wall and the top step that fit perfectly before I took the staircase out and painted it, now has a large gap between the floor and the top step. I think I'm gonna run away from home.

Love the look of the room, even with the "quirks."" How far apart are your ceiling beams? Love them!

Mary Beth

Kelly, I personally like your room -- the carpet seems to pick up the color from the leaves in the paper.

For myself, while every room is now papered in my Plum Pudding -- I was still needing to finish up some details. I've not worked on the house as much as I cared to(wasn't feeling well) but I did at least get my bathroom tile grouted tonight. In addition, I used the remainder of my tile grout to attempt stucco on the dormer front(first time trying that). So far seeing how it's drying I'm loving both the floor and the dormer. Will work on sealing it all in a few days, then just need to get outside railings glued in, and install my stairs and last of my trim inside. I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

With the stair where it is I had to look several times to see that the right wall's paper was yellow; faintly, on my monitor, and it looks like it could be an effect of the lighting.  Once you get the baseboards in and furniture and so forth I wonder if it would even be noticeable.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2017, 5:18:44, rodentraiser said:

Cute room Kelly! Reminds me of a sweet Grandma's house... I love what you've done with the stairs... nothing better than a good staircase.

Since I'm in Vero Beach I decided to take the hour trip up to Cocoa Beach to go to The Toy Box Dollhouse Shop. He had a Bam Bam!!!    (A punch for eyelets) I always wanted one and since we where just talking about it last week I thought I'd ask if he had one in stock. I got his last one. So excited! I also picked up window trim, ceiling paper, large eyelets, a battery LED porch light, roof cap and some hardware bits. It was a good trip.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smjsome said:

What do you use a Bam Bam for?  

20 hours ago, Sable said:

...a Bam Bam!!!    (A punch for eyelets),,,

For plugging in lighting fixtures.

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

For plugging in lighting fixtures.

For connecting tapewire and/or attaching light fixture wires to the tape wire. You attac an eyelet to one end, set it on the spot, pull back on the heavy spring and bam the eyelet is punch through the wood. The other end of the tool is used to deep set the eyelet.  I'm going to go play with it now.

I tested the Bam Bam. It only works on large eyelets. It worked well on getting the eyelet into birch plywood. A little hard on the fingers so I might wrap the gripper with rubber bands to cushion the grip.  It's made of nickel which I am highly allergic to. If it becomes an issue I can just wear some surgical gloves. I think I'm going to really like it.

1 hour ago, Sable said:

I tested the Bam Bam. It only works on large eyelets. It worked well on getting the eyelet into birch plywood. A little hard on the fingers so I might wrap the gripper with rubber bands to cushion the grip.  It's made of nickel which I am highly allergic to. If it becomes an issue I can just wear some surgical gloves. I think I'm going to really like it.

I really like it too. Thank you again for the link.

On 5/4/2017, 11:28:09, WyckedWood said:

I finally found the pics and got them uploaded in a new album. :)

Dana is coming back to the Kansas CIty show in June and I've signed up for her class again, along with the class for the matching vanity and Bradley Meinke's furniture finishing class. Bradley just achieved IGMA fellow, so that's pretty cool!

• Like 1

@LadyGunn Wow wow wow she's gorgeous! Lucky you getting the opportunity to take classes like that, sounds so great. I notice that Cynthia Howe is taking reservations for an online doll class, if anyone is interested. 

• Like 1