What's everyone working on?

11 minutes ago, Roxxie2 said:

Just about finished with the Fairfield.   It has been the most challenging build ever but I like the little house!   Photos once I get the house furnished.

Yay!  I know you struggled with it, but glad it worked.  Can't wait to see the pictures.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

I'm pretty happy with her outfit, it's a basic Gibson girl dress pattern.

Really nice job.  I know how hard it is to make miniature clothing, and you've done very impressive work.  Love the sleeves; the gathers look perfect!

• Like 1

I just got the porch to fit and all I have left is that tower.  Not sure how I will finish that off.     I made the tower roof so it can be removed.   I made a tiny sitting room in the tower. 

Just wanted to update, Gertie is back from the beauty parlor and feeling pretty great. Thank you all for the kind words of support, this was really challenging for me. The only thing I didnt care for about this doll was how big her hands were so I draped them holding a wet vase with cloths. 

IMG_0479.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

IMG_0486.JPG

• Like 2

Thank you all, Holly maybe they remind me of my own big clunky hands too much lol :) I'm totally hooked on dolls in the dollhouse now, I don't think there's any going back to empty rooms :) 

Gertie is beautiful!  Her hair is great!  Excellent job.  Honestly, you almost make want to reconsider having dolls in my houses.  :clap:

P.S.  Just noticed the beautiful detail of the button closure at the back of her blouse (shirtwaist?).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WyckedWood said:

I'm totally hooked on dolls in the dollhouse now, I don't think there's any going back to empty rooms :) 

I think the dolls add a whole new depth of meaning to the story that inspired a doll house. Gertie sure looks as if she has stories to tell! 

16 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

Gertie is beautiful!  Her hair is great!  Excellent job.  Honestly, you almost make want to reconsider having dolls in my houses.  :clap:

P.S.  Just noticed the beautiful detail of the button closure at the back of her blouse (shirtwaist?).

Yes I bought them too small but they worked at the very top (back) of her blouse. I accidentally bought the micro micro instead of just the micro lol. 

Kathie I agree, it's the same with a painting. Just adds so much life to have a person there, tells a story.

Karin, really superb job on Gertie!

I have the 3 3rd floors in the process of staining. I got Brodnax parquet for my study, laid it, and its stained as well.

Since it is such a nice day, I had hubby help me move my Chateau outside so i could sand the living daylights out of it. I removed quoins and window frames and getting all the adhesive off has been a real bear. 

The previous owner put quoins where they weren't supposed to be, so after i removed them, it was important i clean it up before repainting the exterior. Going from blue to gray, when i finally get to that.

Realized too that all ceilings in Chateau are removable so finishing them should be a breeze!

• Like 1

I have been painting all day and now DRY FIT IS FINALLY starting to happen!!!  Getting ready to start windows so I can keep dry fitting  I thought I'd never get here! Duracraft San Franciscan 555

IMG_2975.JPG.jpeg

IMG_2974.JPG.jpeg

IMG_2976.JPG.jpeg

• Like 3

I just wanted to pop in and say I'm still here! I've just had a rough couple weeks that included things like my grandmother passing away and me being put on a heart monitor for a month. Super fun times!  I'm hoping to get back to the Casa soon. I have to get a pageant dress done first. *sigh* I'm loving all the photos, though!

• Like 1

And I can do them while sitting! Standing and being active seems to be my current problem. I picked up my house and cleaned the carpet in one of my rooms with a vacuum style carpet cleaner today and it took me 3 hours to recover from the exertion. :( Not sure why this is happening as I'm healthy as a horse otherwise. Normal tasks just seem to be really wearing me out.

Sorry to hear this Miranda. I'm glad you are not ignoring it. I hope the doctors can get to the bottom of it, or you start to feel better soon.

I was wondering where you were, I enjoyed seeing your Orchid take shape.

1 hour ago, SewMini said:

And I can do them while sitting! Standing and being active seems to be my current problem. I picked up my house and cleaned the carpet in one of my rooms with a vacuum style carpet cleaner today and it took me 3 hours to recover from the exertion. :( Not sure why this is happening as I'm healthy as a horse otherwise. Normal tasks just seem to be really wearing me out.

I was (and still do) having the same issue.  Heart Cath showed 100% blockage on the right.  Meds are helping. Hope the doctor finds your problem.