What's everyone working on?

Oh no CJ!!!!  Hope you didn't give yourself a meniscus tear to something worse!  

And Lawanda- glad to hear you -and your hip- are feeling better!

As for me.... my son and DIL came up from Florida this weekend, hoping to see the new baby....but my granddaughter has decided NOT to make her entrance yet! (Due date is actually this Friday, June 9)  No matter, we had a lovely weekend with the family and made some final preparations in the nursery.  C'mon Baby Junia!  :)

In the meantime I am working on exterior clean-up on the brick Colonial.  all exterior painting has been done now and ready to put the shutters back on and fit the front door with the new door knob.  The new blue color is a bit darker than the original, but I like it.  Hope the client does!

Next up it cleaning up the roof and repairing some shingles.

2 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

Well this is a great morning.  No pain.   Must have been just a glitch in the hip.  Maybe pinched and the long drive fixed it ??? I'm good.   Oh and I'm 63.  OMG  it's hard to see that in print . LOL.  Thank you all so much for caring. 

Good news, Lawanda! As for 63, I can attest that 13 years later it looks pretty good in the rear view mirror. :D 

2 hours ago, jbnmini said:

C'mon Baby Junia!  :)

What a nice name. :) 

This morning I am going to attack my work table, which has been doubling as a second desk for organizing all of the paperwork that has kept me from minis lately. Time to clean it off and move the mini tools and supplies back within reach. Beacon Hill, here I come!

• Like 2

I pried off one of the windows on the Bayberry, and popped In a Houseworks replacement. I think I'm on to something. Also picked up some paint chips for gray/greige/taupe/tan for the body, and may have found the right color. Paint is far, far away, but it's looking like I have a plan. The foundation needs to be reinforced before anything else happens, because the whole porch is sort of precariously attached. After that, will scrape off the bricks, pop off all of the windows and trim, and then address the roof.

Been cutting more floor boards so that I can get the flooring done in my 1:6 rehab. I did also get the tile work for the kitchen wall finished up, and love the way it looks! I did get the second floor flooring glued in place on this rehab, and I must admit while it was made from veneer that I was really questioning if I'd be able to use -- it turned out beautifully in my opinion. Looks like the old wooden floors that have aged and have their own patination from wear. I've a bit more to finish up the staining and then seal them, but I do like how they're coming along!  :construction:

These flower baskers have been a LOT of fun getting the hand of, Now a third colour, ie a pink version, still need to be varnished, but almost Done.

large.IMG_0481.JPG.79b7fd0bb3e322646efb9

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I like the pink version!  With sprays of mini white lilies and ferns it would be perfect for Easter!

Now that Sounds like a great Idea. I really do need to stock up on more colours of yarn, I have neat coloured wires at hand (as in hot pink and purple as well as a strong red) and no thread to match it with. The thread I have forthose are way to wire giving a bulky impression. Need to scout for a local (or atleast fairly) local yarn shop as I need to see the thread to see if it Will work, I have no clue on thread sizes when it comes to crochet yarns. 

Hugs

20 minutes ago, Anna said:

...I have no clue on thread sizes when it comes to crochet yarns. 

Hugs

Crochet thread sizes are like hook sizes; the larger the number, the finer the denier.  #10 crochet thread makes lovely 1:12 caning, #20 is a cord and #30 works for yarn & twine.

• Like 1

Those baskets are so lovely Anna, I can see them holding long stem roses or Iris or maybe some towels in the mini bath. 

I've been busy with real life and out of state company...which involves cleaning the house so that it's fit for company...every crafters favorite thing to do right? I won't have any serious mini time until the end of the month unfortunately. Just working on a little punch needle Christmas rug when I get some spare time. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WyckedWood said:

I've been busy with real life and out of state company...which involves cleaning the house so that it's fit for company...every crafters favorite thing to do right?

Somebody once suggested to me that all one needs to do when company is coming is polish the faucet & handles on the bathroom sink. If the dust bunnies aren't snapping at ankles and causing a distraction, the shiny chrome will register as my-what-a-clean-house and everything else will go unnoticed. All craft items stacked on one table and covered with a cloth takes care of the clutter. :D 

My own theory of cleaning for parties is: don't (except for the above). You'll only have to clean afterward, eh? Why do it twice? :dunno:

• Like 3

Lol I wish I could get away with that Kathie. Unfortunately the women in my family are fairly judgmental (think Marie from "Everybody loves Raymond"), also I have 3 large dogs..my dust bunnies are at least half golden retriever hair and so big I should probably give them their own names. My only saving grace is that I have a designated craft room so I only have to shut and maybe lock the door on the mess.  

1 hour ago, WyckedWood said:

I only have to shut and maybe lock the door on the mess.  

And maybe block the door with a heavy piece of furniture?

• Like 1

Absolutely Kathie lol! 

Finishing up this little rug, this design is in the Dodie Claypool punch needle book. My sister traded me her RGT street of shops (still in boxes) for a painting...so Mrs. Claus bakery comin up..not sure what the other shops will be. This will be cute in front of a cupboard or something. 

IMG_1427.JPG

• Like 6

Gorgeous work Karin, punchbeedling stands on My "one-day-I-Will-try" list. I gave a needle allready, but not sure about the fabric and ways to use it.

thank you Mary, the baskers is the latest mini-flinf for me :) and I have Now mailet an inquiery to the lady at Little Trimmings in the UK, Hoping to find more thread with her..

hugs

Thanks about the rug, I always forget how fun it is until I try it again. I use weavers cloth for the fabric I had to send for it, couldn't find it locally. Punchneedle marketplace is great for the fabric and supplies. But my first project was a kit, came with fabric and design stamped on the fabric, with complete instructions, floss etc, made it easier to get started. 

http://www.carolsherryminiatures.com/shop.html

On 6/7/2017, 3:27:36, WyckedWood said:

Lol I wish I could get away with that Kathie. Unfortunately the women in my family are fairly judgmental (think Marie from "Everybody loves Raymond"), also I have 3 large dogs..my dust bunnies are at least half golden retriever hair and so big I should probably give them their own names. My only saving grace is that I have a designated craft room so I only have to shut and maybe lock the door on the mess.  

I hear you on this Karin... both the judgmental female family members and the dog hair..:blush: My Mum recently had her cataracts removed and new lens' inserted into her eyes.. I told her now that she had "new" eyes she wasn't allowed over anymore.. lol

As far as the dog hair goes.. I've got a German Shepherd/Huski cross... I swear I could make a new dog weekly from the furballs. :D .. I've actually considered collecting it and saving it for 1:12 animal flocking... it would save on the cost of mohair/merino wool.. :rofl:

That's actually a running joke in my family -- who sheds more frequently myself or my dog. Think they just notice my hair as it's so much longer than everyone else's. lol As for my mini-works, I've still been gluing in veneer strips for flooring on the first and third floors of my 1:6 rehab. Sounds terrible, but I'm really looking forward to getting this house done and on it's way. It takes up a lot of space... and I've got several other houses right now that I'd love to be working on that take up inordinate amounts of space too. Trying to keep them shoved and stored out of the way has become a bit rough with my latest that've shown up. None the less looking forward to getting back to my 1:12 work!

• Like 1

Karin - I'm so understanding of those family members - once we moved close to my husbands family we had to buy a roll top locking desk for mail and such.  When they walk thru the door I run and roll, slam, lock

also, my husbands herd of beasts, this year I bought a roomba, laughed at myself while doing it.  Now, roomba has a name  - Wendell, and we all love him, no longer create a floating wave of hair when I walk across the living room every morning!  So much better 

as far as much mini work!  None for me - grandsons still here!  You guys are doing such fun things!  

• Like 4