What's everyone working on?

Well, the bottom floor veneer didn't even get touched yesterday. Have been working with a combo issue of vertebra slipping out and both shoulders doing the same -- typically neither hurts. However, when everything slips out at the same time -- creates more difficulty/pain than I cared to work with yesterday. So, I took the easy chores and grouted the bathroom floor tiles, cut a couple of shelves for the closet, and installed paper to the back of the closet for something more "fun" than just white. Will try to get pictures tomorrow once I have all the shelves and rods installed.

Glencroft is plugging away.  Outside has "stucco ", inside is almost.... I said almost done.  I just wish the glue would dry fasyer.  Lol. Jumped a head to try 2 of the many roof panels.   They are going to be a bear to shingle.  Again, due to my phone pictures in pinterest under Glencroft dollhouse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L Swearengin said:

Glencroft is plugging away.  Outside has "stucco ", inside is almost.... I said almost done.  I just wish the glue would dry fasyer.  Lol. Jumped a head to try 2 of the many roof panels.   They are going to be a bear to shingle.  Again, due to my phone pictures in pinterest under Glencroft dollhouse. 

I like the paper you used around the fireplace.

You are a prolific builder, I am in awe of all your many builds:flex:

• Like 1

Me too Lawanda!   I've long ago run out of room thus the half scales.    lol      I started on my half scale RGT Colonial ( its not going to be Colonial in style though).   After struggling with the Rosedale half scale that totally frustrated me and in the end broke in several places,  I got the colonial out and have it half put together.  Sometimes simpler it better in my case!   At least I know I won't break it!      I am surprised  how thick the walls and floors are though.  They are definitely not in scale.  I wish I had a granddaughter I could build this for.  Its so cute and sturdy.  :bear: 

• Like 1

Hellloooooooo yall!,

I have finally reached the last 2 of my boxes in the niche....as you know with the move we are consolidating our storage(6yrs) into the current stuffs and have had to purchase shelves and book cases and I am still lacking one...lol...I have NOOOO idea where all this stuff came from but it has been a total brainmare for me getting it back into some sort of organised chaos...my sister is here for 6 weeks and we have been doing projects and while we break we organise....Im almost there.... couple of sad things to report...my 1/144th scale ferris wheel and Garfield are so broken..:cry: I fear no repair...I couldnt throw them away so I artfully placed them in a not so viewable space...lol... today my work table took shape...it has had everything and the random kitchen sink on it over the last few weeks...

my sister LOL at me says we are just moving one stack to a different area...yes but we add and take away so its not the same stack...lol....:dunno:

The Queen is not to be furnished...after my sister leaves I am going to start her "make her mine" renovations...her floors have some bad places so now is good as time as any to fix them all!...:construction:

loving all the eyecandy hope to post Niche photos soon....lol....my son inlaw just LOLs at me....thats just rude lol

• Like 3

Have thankfully got most of my back back into it's natural alignment, and only have one shoulder still slightly "out". Thankfully, that means I got to spend a good bit of time out with my scroll saw and jig mitering trim for the 1:6 house. The top floor may be a bit "busy" for my taste due to the different patterns used, but I still think it's going to go over well from listening to the mom. Hoping it does at least! Must admit this was completely odd and different for me to work on, I was never a fan of Barbie's or dolls like that in general growing up, and it was the first I've ever worked in this scale. Definitely fun though once I got an idea of what mom was looking for in the house for her daughter. I've even gotten a couple of messages from the soon to be stepdad and uncle in law about how they're amazed at the detail and know she'll love it! Makes me sincerely happy to think it will be the gift they know she'll enjoy and grow with for years!  :cloud9:

• Like 1

Little jobs today. Finished off the stone on the San Franciscan Basement and also did some test pieces with various paint techniques to tone down the pink. I think I have a solution, but waiting for them to dry.

Mucked around with the basement interior as I had a last minute idea to change the floor plan, but ended up going back to the original idea. 

The Basement is going to have painted wood paneling on the ceiling so I bought some stick on wood flooring from China for this job and it's a bit generic, so I tweaked it a bit and gave it a sand and a first coat of paint. 

Spent most of the day trolling around on the internet.. which was a complete waste of time, slightly annoyed at myself for getting side tracked. Tomorrow I will focus! I need to paint the stone and grout.

I will be working on my miniature house music box kits that I bought. I haven't worked on the on fir about a year because I didn't have time to work on it but I do now. I also have a table to work on. I'm waiting for the other kit to come in the mail. I also want to work on the cross stitch windmill music box I've have for four years now. My plan is the first house will have a movement that plays A Time For Us from Romeo and Juliet, the second house plays Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel, and the windmill will play Summer Wind. I wanted it to be Windmills of Your Mind but couldn't find a movement playing the song so I chose Summer Wind to give a wind theme to the kit. It's better than the Try to Remember movement packaged with the kit. I'm also working on a custom Paper Dress Kim Chi from season eight of Rupaul's Drag Race doll using an Asian Made to Move Barbie. All I need now is double sided tape, baby pink yarn, and lots of white computer paper!

The "Dumpster Dive "No Emotional Attachment" Jefferson !! ......Has begun to have gained a bit of Emotional Feelings! Darn It!! As I have been trying to Fix, Clean and Restore it... I have been feeling a bit sorry for it.... Feeling "How could anyone (ME) use Hot Glue on ANYTHING!!! And as I go along and Pick, Peel, Heat and Pry off old glue...I find myself telling it how SORRY I am for hurting it...And promising I will fix it right and she shall be a Beauty when I'm done!!! 

I have taken all the windows off and the plastic out and re cut new. I stenciled the window pane lines on. I have sanded the front door so it will open and close. And... While I'm typing....I'm waiting for ELMER'S WOOD GLUE to dry and Paint!!!

My New Saying..... PATIENTS PATIENTS PATIENTS!!!!

Oh...and have been looking around the house for a Nice place for the "Gaining EMOTIONAL ATTACHED To JEFFERSON" to Live on forever!!! 

• Like 3

Glencroft has a roof (dry fit). Tomorrow I paint and glue it on. I so dredge shingles.   Lol.  It might have to be put on hold if I don't get it done this week.  Leave for Texas on the 26th. Taking one granddaughter to see the other one. Long drive, but worth getting time with the grandkids.  (Again, pinterest)

• Like 1

Oh Miss Beulah..... Ok.... But...It's not even close yet.... And if I keep posting pictures of it...Someone is bound to talk me into keeping her....

OK...Remember..... She is far from finished!! But here goes.......

20170615_213901.jpg

• Like 3

Cyndy, if you first put your pictures into an album in the Members' Gallery, there is no limit to posting them here.  No wonder you re warming up to that house, it will look outstanding when it's fixed up nicely and give hours of pleasure.

• Like 1

Im so proud of my club members! They really came through last night. We had volunteered to make 100 cotton candy items for the NAME Convention goodie bags which are due by the end of the month.   Our regular meeting was canceled last week due to torrential rains so we rescheduled it to last night. Many of our snowbirds have returned up north and we have a few members dealing with medical issues so I was concerned since only 17 of our normal 30 membership had to make the promised 100 items. Well we actually made about 130 of them!!!!! I'm so appreciative of all of their efforts!

• Like 7

I have a new project!  I’ll be working on it in parallel with the Merrimack.  As I mentioned a few weeks ago, my mom is moving soon to a continuing care community.  The outside of each apartment there has an area that people can personalize with pictures, wreaths, flags, other art objects, whatever.  A few months ago, I got a half-scale porch kit from my Half Scale Yahoo Group; it’s designed to be hung on a wall.  I’ve decided to use it to make a “front porch” for Mom’s apartment.  I’ll be doing it in southwestern style, which she loves.  (I admit, Connie’s beautiful bedroom furniture was part of the inspiration.)  I got lots of porch-related items in our annual swap, including wind chimes, a hummingbird feeder, mailboxes, etc., that I can use, and I plan on making a porch swing, a little table on which to put items especially related to her, some hanging baskets and flower pots, and other decorations.  I’ve been collecting charms and ceramic beads with a southwest feel for quite a while, because I knew I’d have a use for them one day.   The spousal unit also had the idea of adding pictures of the pots we stenciled in Mom’s kitchen (she has a soffit area above her cupboards in her current kitchen, and Mom and I stenciled large pots there a few years ago).   I have some pretty decent close-ups of them, and I’ll add them at the base of the front wall of the “house.”  If I can get the freezer paper method to work, I’ll go that route.  Otherwise, I can always decoupage them on.  Anyway, I am pretty excited to start work on it. 59441c5a35529_MomsPots(2).jpg.b4eeeda619

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Deborah, that sounds like so much fun to do!

I think it will be.  I have a question for you:  I know you "stucco" your houses.  Do you use spackle?  Do you do anything special with it to create texture or do you sand it or . . . ?

25 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

You're a good daughter. Anything you do to make it more personal and cozy for her will be great.

Thank you.  :)   I want to make this a good experience for her.  I'm hoping it might also be a conversation starter with her neighbors.  

19 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

I think it will be.  I have a question for you:  I know you "stucco" your houses.  Do you use spackle?  Do you do anything special with it to create texture or do you sand it or . . . ?

I usually use spackle, but I recently go a tub of drywall mud & I'm working with that.  For a stucco finish I spread the spackle on a primed surface about 1/4" thick and scrape it smooth (it's still at least 1/8"+ thick) and then it depends on the texture I want how I play with it with the plastic putty knife I use (I used to use old credit cards).  I sand it flat & smooth if I want to paint or paper and the wood won't sand smooth enough

• Like 1