What's everyone working on?

1 hour ago, Debsrand56 said:

I think it will be.  I have a question for you:  I know you "stucco" your houses.  Do you use spackle?  Do you do anything special with it to create texture or do you sand it or . . . ?

I used sand color craft paint and added real sand to it for my Adobe room box exterior.   It worked pretty well.   I had to buy some play sand so it would be clean.   I live in the desert, do you think I could find some sand???? :hmm:

• Like 1

Today I tried going out to work in the shop, and allergies had me heading back indoors pretty quickly. So managed to do a base coat of paint last night, but have yet to get out to do my attempt at a stenciled pattern for the bedroom walls in the 1:6 town house. Instead my pup and I have stayed inside making simple "fillers" for the house like shopping bags for the closet, art work for the walls, and I've painted a resin cat and will be attempting to fur it here in a bit. Hoping to have it look like the little girls cat... it's a bit bigger than 1:6 scale I think but after seeing photos of this family and their cat I'm not too concerned as he appears to be a pretty big kitty! lol

• Like 1

Holly, it's funny you mentioned that -- we recently had one dropped off near our home. My mother has been adopted if you will by him, if she calls he literally just comes running with his fur flying! I am actually including four "kitten" figures, one cat painted to look like this little girls' cat, and then the Maine Coon cat as well(kitties are her favorite animals). The one "Barbie" animal I came across was a pink poodle, which just doesn't work in to the idea of more mature house she can grow with. Unfortunately the black cat that I was going to fur didn't happen as I apparently am out of my black felting fur, but the kittens may still get worked on...

15 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

Time to start staging her.  Then you will know she's a keeper

SSShhhhhh...... Don't tell anyone I have been looking around the house for a *Home for the Home*. I have been thinking about some new furniture that most likely needs to be made... You know... 4 poster bed, maybe a kitchen table and chairs..... maybe I will bake a new *Fimo Cake* for that new table???>... Oh Darn... The possibilities are Endless! 

I did make a Board in my Pinterest with all the Jefferson Pictures. Please follow the link in my signature and help me with ANY AND ALL Ideas ya'll have... Paint colors... Everything. Right now I am painting everything White... Mostly for a **Clean-Up** coat of paint.... She can still have New colors added!! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Cyndy, hush & listen, the house will tell you what colors it wants, what kinds & styles of furnishings, etc.

Last night as I lied in bed...I heard a whisper....a very faint whisper.....At first I thought nothing of it... but it happened again...I listened closer.... I heard....creaking and squeaking very faint but noticeable. Then I saw it.... A Beautiful Washed Gray with Tones of Dark Green! An exquisite Canopy 4 Poster Bed with Family pictures on the walls. I sat straight up when I could smell Homemade Bread baking in the wood oven. .......................................................................................  ;

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Cyn-AK said:

Last night as I lied in bed...I heard a whisper....a very faint whisper.....At first I thought nothing of it... but it happened again...I listened closer.... I heard....creaking and squeaking very faint but noticeable. Then I saw it.... A Beautiful Washed Gray with Tones of Dark Green! An exquisite Canopy 4 Poster Bed with Family pictures on the walls. I sat straight up when I could smell Homemade Bread baking in the wood oven. .......................................................................................  ;

You are hooked!!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cyn-AK said:

Chrysnbon makes the perfect wood-burning kitchen range kit:

large.P3150069.JPG.823c0232e34b65d4046ea

• Like 2

I Love that Range!!! I do have one similar to that, although mine is made from wood. I also have the Blue enamel pots and pans... Tons of Fimo clay foods already made....I have made my own butter churn and a set of 4 chairs with caned sets to go with the kitchen table. I try as much as I can to make all my own furniture when I can. Sometime I prefer that to store bought.

Holly, Is this a room from one of your houses? I Love it!!   

20170617_162620[1].jpg

20170617_162825[1].jpg

20170617_162723[1].jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cyn-AK said:

...Holly, Is this a room from one of your houses? I Love it!!...

Yes, my  Glencroft that I wanted to make into a thatched cottage, but IT wanted to become a village pub:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=151  I also make most of what goes into my houses.  You cannot see the working drawer in the kitchen table, nor the woven caned seat on the ladderback chair; I turned the table's legs on DH's bi lathe but the chair's back I chucked into my Dremel rotary tool and braced on a 1:1 chair back whilst I turned the knobs & finials on them.  Emma and her hubs are some of my polymer clay people, and the only ones whose heads & faces started out in purchased molds and got tweaked.  I painted all the Chrysnbon cookware and aged the stove with paint & chalk pastels.

• Like 3

I am actually supposedly sorting through the craft room reorganizing it as I got some New chest of drawers as well as a New deal part for it. (When Ikea lowers a price it is most often a sign that the particular line is going out of stock sometime in the near future...) in doing so I keep a piece of paper scribbling/jotting/sketching down ideas while going through the contents of the boxes I have. I am also going through the projects I have that are "almost" Done seeing what it is that it need to be finishen, the music room is o e of those almost, almost Done. Then there is this cute little 1:24 scale-ish little greenhouse I am thinkng of turning into a "She-shed" we'll see... the Steampunk build where the interior is slowly taking shape inside My mind's eye, very slowly and I still have noooo Idea where that Will stop...

after that there is the bus, aka a  bus transformed into a home on wheels. Atleast sort of on wheels as the Idea I have is very much more or less permanent based living spot. 

I Love reorganizing the designated craft area!

4 hours ago, Anna said:

I am actually supposedly sorting through the craft room reorganizing it as I got some New chest of drawers as well as a New deal part for it. (When Ikea lowers a price it is most often a sign that the particular line is going out of stock sometime in the near future...) in doing so I keep a piece of paper scribbling/jotting/sketching down ideas while going through the contents of the boxes I have. I am also going through the projects I have that are "almost" Done seeing what it is that it need to be finishen, the music room is o e of those almost, almost Done. Then there is this cute little 1:24 scale-ish little greenhouse I am thinkng of turning into a "She-shed" we'll see... the Steampunk build where the interior is slowly taking shape inside My mind's eye, very slowly and I still have noooo Idea where that Will stop...

after that there is the bus, aka a  bus transformed into a home on wheels. Atleast sort of on wheels as the Idea I have is very much more or less permanent based living spot. 

I Love reorganizing the designated craft area!

I love hearing about it!

• Like 1

Holly's kitchen is one of my all time favorite kitchens!   :)    Mine always seem too perfect and not warm and lived in.   I am too much of a neat freak!    I want to make a kitchen in my dollhouse that looks lived in!   

Working on my half scale colonial.  Its so hot here, no AC,  I just feel like sleeping all day!

I was going to ask a question but now I can't remember what it was I had to ask!!!   Losing it!!!  

• Like 1

Recently returned from Germany and Baltic Cruise.  For souvenirs bought 1:12 Miele stove, dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave at an arts and crafts store in Trier, Germany.  Bought a few Reutter Porzellan at a small, but so enjoyable, toy museum and cafe (Suomenlinnan Lelumuseo) in Helsinki, Finland.  Took time to chat with the young sales girl and enjoyed coffee and vegan pastry on the patio.

Brought home a 1:24 couch, 1:12 scale "Coleman" cooler and 1:12 scale recycling bin that my grandson 3D printed for me.

Enjoyed viewing the extensive and so detailed model train displays in St Petersburg, Russia and in Hamburg, Germany.

Now that I am back home, I am trying to move my dollhouse supplies and projects down to the unfinished basement with the intent to move back upstairs before the cold weather returns.  My oldest grandson is coming to spend a couple of months with us stateside.

I was working on a 1:12 "beach house" before the trip.  But after seeing the picture of the Canterbury Sharon (smjsome) posted, I dug out my Canterbury that I bought awhile ago (used, it is missing one sheet).

I am making the Canterbury into a 1:24 scale lighthouse/keeper's house.  I have it in dryfit and working out some of the possibilities.  Last Christmas, my husband bought me a Lionel train Beacon Tower and a small transformer, it is not 1:24 scale, but the top of the tower is the same dimensions as the Canterbury tower.  I have replaced the Canterbury's tower with the Beacon and plan to hide the transformer under/behind landscaping.  My husband will help me with the lighting.

I have enjoyed reading and viewing pictures on the forum, just have not signed on to make comments for awhile.

• Like 5

Sounds like you made grey finns there Christine!

as for me, I am having fun with going with the flow in the New craft area set up, ie carving wizard staffs just because I found a suitable dowel.... Yep I know, remins me of a gnat mind huh! Going from one thing to another, but when doing so I tend to pilot and plan the next step I need to figure out, and right mowmit ismthe lighthouse tower roof I need to finish with an openablemtop part where the battery pack Will be for the top light.

large.IMG_0503.JPG.5f6c4542a00daf67fc53f

• Like 3

I have finished repairing my mistake with the louvered shutters and they are now on the house. The second floor stairs are done (except for a little sanding and touch up that I saw in the picture that needed doing). The playroom is wallpapered. I really am procrastinating with the crown moulding. For some reason it keeps telling me the playroom image is too large even though it isn't as I edited it.

005.JPG

001.JPG

• Like 2

Janet.. your house is looking fantasitic! I love what you've done with the second floor stairs.. I'm doing something similar with trim from earth & tree to my San Franciscan's stairs.. it's great to see your's done, because now I know how great mine will look.. if I pull if off that is. :D

36 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Janet.. your house is looking fantasitic! I love what you've done with the second floor stairs.. I'm doing something similar with trim from earth & tree to my San Franciscan's stairs.. it's great to see your's done, because now I know how great mine will look.. if I pull if off that is. :D

The fretwork I used was from LaserTech. Luckily it came in a package of 14 and I needed 13. Broke one in removing, Love to see yours when done!

10 minutes ago, jrchob said:

The fretwork I used was from LaserTech. Luckily it came in a package of 14 and I needed 13. Broke one in removing, Love to see yours when done!

They are delicate that's for sure.. I think I broke one too.. :).. Mine are all painted and ready to add.. it's just one of those jobs I haven't gotten to yet. :rolleyes:

So excited.  Stopped by local hobby store today (HobbyTownUSA) and bought two half scale doors and a half scale stairway.  Plan to go back next week as the manager said he is expecting a shipment of dollhouse minis.  Hoping that more half scale windows will be in the shipment.  Today found only one each of a couple different styles of windows.  Don't want to buy windows unless I can buy more than one of same style.

As the modified Canterbury now sits in dryfit, I keep thinking of Moominpapa, who moved his family into a lighthouse.  If I remember correctly in the book "Moominpapa at Sea", Moominpapa and his family knew nothing about lighthouses or the duties of lighthouse keeper.

• Like 1