What's everyone working on?

Love your house Janet!!!   Nice colors too!  

My half scale RGT farmhouse arrived yesterday.   I have gone over to the other side apparently!   I love these little houses! 

farmhousesm.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Roxxie2 said:

Love your house Janet!!!   Nice colors too!  

My half scale RGT farmhouse arrived yesterday.   I have gone over to the other side apparently!   I love these little houses! 

farmhousesm.jpg

Thank you Roxy! The roof will be a dark grey-black shingle.

I love 1:24 also but my hands prefer 1:12!

I'm building my first quarter scale (1:48) and having a lot of fun with it. It is growing, of course, and I now have the shell of the basement made, and the base built for it to set in. I set my laptop up on the work table, and tuned into The Clinic by Woodland Scenics, as I started working the their plaster cloth. I will have a built-up front for the "street level" front of the house, then sloping hillsides for access to the daylight basement. Now if I can just make this look as good as it does in my head ...

Edited by CheckMouse
  • Like 1

Shingles. ....then the Glencroft is done.   Guess it will get done when I get back from texas.  The humidity is making the glue take 2xs long to dry.  I'm taking my clay tools with me and a furniture kit to work on at my daughter's. I'll buy clay there.  I'm afraid the 100 degrees in my trunk would cook the clay,  she has the craters trifecta HL, Michael's,  and Joanne's all in a 2 mile run. 

Shingles. ....then the Glencroft is done.   Guess it will get done when I get back from texas.  The humidity is making the glue take 2xs long to dry.  I'm taking my clay tools with me and a furniture kit to work on at my daughter's. I'll buy clay there.  I'm afraid the 100 degrees in my trunk would cook the clay,  she has the craters trifecta HL, Michael's,  and Joanne's all in a 2 mile run. 

Claudia,  do you have a link we don't have to sign in for?

13 hours ago, CheckMouse said:

I'll try to insert a link here, to an album I started (off of Greenleaf) and see if it works.  Might be deleting the whole thing!

Grapeview Lane B&B

Since the last upgrade I have not been able to get pictures into these comments, so I'll try this.

Haven't you been able to make an album here?

14 hours ago, CheckMouse said:

I'll try to insert a link here, to an album I started (off of Greenleaf) and see if it works.  Might be deleting the whole thing!

Grapeview Lane B&B

Since the last upgrade I have not been able to get pictures into these comments, so I'll try this.

I get a 404 error message when I click the link. It's trying to send me to google.photos, not your album

Finally, I'm making some progress on some things! I worked on ceiling templates for the Yellow House yesterday, got all of them cut out and fitted, and used spay adhesive to attach the paper to two of them. So far, so good! I'm going to use a spray sealer on the back side to hopefully mitigate any warping later on. I need to get the paper for the other three floors painted, then those can be finished as well. Very happy to have resolved all of the issues with that step, as the rehab had come to a halt. When ceilings are done, I'll start on flooring, which will also be a challenge, but should be a lot more fun!

This morning I started working on the bathroom vanity for the barn build. I'm upgrading the vanity that came with the set, and so far, I like it!

The new Craftsman style door for the Bayberry came...swoon! I think the house is going to like this! I need to work on repairing the damage to the MDF where I removed the old windows. I was just going to use wood filler and sand, but the MDF is just crumbly, and the filler doesn't want to stick. I'm thinking a light coat of sealer/primer, then putty?

Glad to finally be back in the mini groove!   

• Like 1

Had some fun playing around with a doghouse, inspired by an image search here http://www.ana-white.com/2012/05/plans/crooked-doghouse

so made this one: 

still have to add the roof trim, though. I have another one too almost finishen, ie the shell is Done, need to Think about the exterior treatment and colours. 

large.IMG_0519.JPG.a2af3e2db1b48625c1758

• Like 4

RL gets in the way, just finishing up a Japanese house, Chocolate Kiss. I made my more cakes and pastries and

will use the plastic food (came with the kit) out in my fairy garden. Now that the warm weather has come I  can weed 

the garden too. ( sounds great huh.....lol) 

Gail :bear:

• Like 1

So while reorganizing the designated work area the bus made an appereance and craved some attention. So right Now it is on the worktsble, one side sanden and then primed with gesso, we'll see if that does the trick or if we Will repekt that one more time. I want a silky Smooth surface for the exterior as it Will simulante a metal surface when Painted. Admittingly it might be a bit work down, but still a smoooooth surface....

Silky smooth?  After the gesso dries give it a skim coat of spackle/ polyfilla and let that dry really well, then sand it with fine grit sandpaper glasspaper and finally with a crumpled wad of brown paper bag before painting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Silky smooth?  After the gesso dries give it a skim coat of spackle/ polyfilla and let that dry really well, then sand it with fine grit sandpaper glasspaper and finally with a crumpled wad of brown paper bag before painting.

It is getting there, have only tried sandning one side so far, the one with all the Windows, coated iti with a thin layer of gesso, sort of circled into the grain with a sponge, then went over it with a fina sandpaper and am allowing it to settle over night. Will do the other sides as well so that they are tresteg equally so to speak. Debattinlägg with the Inter self about the parts (wheel Houses?) that should go around the wheel opening as well as if we should add a protruding nose part on the from, that way I would be able to hide light wires etc as I really want to add lights in there as well. Ohhh, need tonfigurer out the exit sign as well, hmmm, off to ponder.....

hugs

On 6/24/2017, 7:04:32, KathieB said:

I get a 404 error message when I click the link. It's trying to send me to google.photos, not your album

I checked it out and was able to make it visible, and able to accept comments, so hopefully it will work better now.  Had to shorten the name a bit to fit the signboard that came with the kit. 

Grapeview B&B

8 hours ago, CheckMouse said:

I checked it out and was able to make it visible, and able to accept comments, so hopefully it will work better now.  Had to shorten the name a bit to fit the signboard that came with the kit. 

Grapeview B&B

Thanks, CJ ... It boggles my mind that you can work in such a small scale. Nice work!

8 hours ago, KathieB said:

Thanks, CJ ... It boggles my mind that you can work in such a small scale. Nice work!

Actually this is a larger scale than I usually do - it's 1:48 and I lately have been working in 1:144!  Feels roomier.  I'm having a lot of fun with this one. :construction:

• Like 1

On 6/25/2017, 11:10:54, havanaholly said:

Welcome back, Gail; I was wondering where you were!

Real life got in my way......lol. By the way I started that Brimble I got from you. It will be a curiosity shoppe.

Slow but steady.

Gail  :bear: