What's everyone working on?

No not really the picture is the full set of 12, I have only the space for 9 pieces. I think, I realized after I paid for it but have emailed them and said to hold off shipping till I speak to them.I don't want to pay for 3 pieces I can't use if I can avoid it, I was too late to phone them. I would rather have had white or cream and I have found a partial white set but am waiting to find out what is missing,  So right now I am a bit up in the sir since I posted . Fingers crossed it will all turn out right. I have paid for the dark one and they may not refund, and I don't fancy buying the partial white one as well. XXXXX

• Like 1

3 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

Well, the ombre (sp) attempt was a big fail.  But that's ok, paint can be painted.  I'll let it dry overnight and repaint in the morning. (or afternoon in my world)

TG is's only a dollhouse room that needs to be repainted, right! :O)

Good luck with round two, Lawanda!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jeannine said:

??

12 minutes ago, Jeannine said:

this half scale is new to me so it looks small but actually it probably isn't.

And when you work on the next 1:12 project, it will seem huge. :D 

• Like 1

One of the partially finished houses in my workroom is an English imort, a Georgian massive size house and that has big rooms I just measured one of the rooms 12 1/2 wide x 11 high x 15 deep, there are quite a few rooms but at a glace I would say 6 are like that and next to the Fairfield it looks even bigger

Managed to do some remedial work on the basement grout. I took to it with my husbands toothbrush. :D (I bought him a new one first. haha) Some lime cleaner & water then I literally spent a day chiselling away the worst clumps with an exacto. I then coloured in any stones that lost their colour with pro marker brush markers in shades of gray. (Learnt about those from Jodi's @Its_a_sm_world_after_all wonderful blog). Then it got a thick coat of matt sealer. Looks so much better!

IMG_3544.JPG

IMG_3541.JPG

Love it, Samantha!  :)

I have gotten some work done on the brick Colonial rehab!  Yay! Walls are all painted, window trim in, crown mouldings in, and the floors were given another coat of stain.  Now waiting for it to dry real well before giving it a coat or two of poly....then I can finish installing the  baseboards and the stairs!  I really need to get on the ball and take some pics for my gallery album.

• Like 1

That wall looks wonderful well done for your perseverance, it paid off big time.

My Fairfield is causing me a headache right now. I bought  better stairs for it plus another set to go up to the attic .I can figure out how to replace the first set even though they are slightly different I think but I have no clue where to put a hole in the attic floor for the next set. I have made a template of the lower floor hole but that is far as I have got. I did exactly place the attic floor over the second floor and draw a line where the lower floor hole is but I have no idea if that is right.. I changed a few other things which seem to have worked so far but I am on my 3rd dry build right now. Sort of stuck now.

• Like 1

Holy WOW Sam! They don't just look "better", they look awesome!!! I am so glad you found a solution that worked so beautifully!

Now the next time something goes wrong and you start to feel  discouraged, just remember this situation. You were made for this stuff, and problems for you are only opportunities! :O)

1 hour ago, Jeannine said:

I have made a template of the lower floor hole but that is far as I have got. I did exactly place the attic floor over the second floor and draw a line where the lower floor hole is but I have no idea if that is right..

Jeannine, I made my own staircase and used the original staircase from the first floor, but you can see the openings are not quite identical.  It looks as though the stairway to the third floor extended a little beyond the one from the first floor.  You might try placing the second-floor staircase in position and seeing how far it extends.  If the top step exactly aligns with the top step of your staircase from the first floor, then you can use hole you've drawn.  Otherwise, you should just be able to measure the "shift" (an extra half inch?) and adjust the hole accordingly. (And, yes, I glued down my balusters better after taking this picture.)  Hope this helps.StaircaseUpper.jpg.02034d214c28248b82819

• Like 2

Thanks Deborah,I appreciate the pictures and explanation and sure I will find it useful later, right now I think I am at the point I need to take a break from this one  for a bit. This  is getting very frustrating. I think I am just tired  so time to stop for a few days I think. I did buy two sets of stairs but now when I have opened them they are just a straight run so I need to get more bits anyway . I have been persevering with this kit but in all honesty I cannot say I am  enjoying making it .

Thanks everyone! And thank you for the pep talk earlier that stopped me from throwing it all in the bin. :D 

Cleaning it up has completely re-motivated me about this build. Now, if my light order would just show up.. I might be able out of the basement and up a level.. :rolleyes:

Jeannine, sometimes a break and a little work on another project is all you need to get going again. :)