What's everyone working on?

2 minutes ago, jbnmini said:

Oh Tracy, I just love your clay work! 

As for my project progress.......dang it!! I messed up one of the attic lights and now I have to remove the wallpaper and re-do the fixture! :pullhair:

Well, I have company coming tonite and a family reunion on Saturday. Looks like this house isn't going to get finished this week after all. blargh.

Thank you Jackie :) boy do I understand having the desire to work or finish a project but other things get in the way. I wasn't going to add any electricity to this one because my last project, I cut the wire in the attic accidentally and I was mostly finished with the house. I totally understand your frustration. I wasn't going to even add electricity this time but decided to add the outside coach light which led me to adding outlets throughout the house now :eek:  Enjoy the family reunion!! 

House is looking great Tracy, happy to see you creating. I love the thatched roof idea. I saw a beautiful peacock fireplace screen the other day and thought of you, every time I see peacocks in mini I think oh Tracy would love that lol 

• Like 1

Hello all! Hope this finds you all happy or at least favorably managing life's big and little challenges! I've been lurking, cheering for the successes and praying for the troubles of our wonderful little community. Seasonal depression is already rearing it's ugly head here in the Northwest, so I did what I always do to cheer me up: Bought a new dollhouse kit! This time, something small and maybe, with a little will power, complete-able - The Storybook Cottage. I saw some really cute wallpaper and that's all it took to start full speed dreaming, planning and buying. That makes three in progress, two waiting for me to get inspired again and finish them off, and god knows how many other unopened kits getting more and more p*$$ed that their turn in the queue just got pushed back again. Oh well, that's the life of a mini addict, and if not for the dreams of projects yet to do, I may never get out of bed, lol!

Love to you all, and prayers we all keep on keepin' on!

• Like 1

My husband had to make a quick trip up to Washington state and said it rained the entire time. I hear ya about winter blues...autumn is all too short in the mountains and there is already snow up on the peaks. 

What are your plans for the Storybook? 

11 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

House is looking great Tracy, happy to see you creating. I love the thatched roof idea. I saw a beautiful peacock fireplace screen the other day and thought of you, every time I see peacocks in mini I think oh Tracy would love that lol 

Thank You Karin!! Giggles... there are peacocks in this cottage too! I thought I'd be finished with this by now. Unfortunately, I have a head cold that has traveled to my chest.... Grrrrr... I wanna mini now! I've book marked your flower tutorials too so I can add them to the tutorial section here on the forum! Gosh, your flowers are Beautiful!! 

IMG_2601.thumb.JPG.9d70ed57a18b65cb8e98e

7 hours ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

Hello all! Hope this finds you all happy or at least favorably managing life's big and little challenges! I've been lurking, cheering for the successes and praying for the troubles of our wonderful little community. Seasonal depression is already rearing it's ugly head here in the Northwest, so I did what I always do to cheer me up: Bought a new dollhouse kit! This time, something small and maybe, with a little will power, complete-able - The Storybook Cottage. I saw some really cute wallpaper and that's all it took to start full speed dreaming, planning and buying. That makes three in progress, two waiting for me to get inspired again and finish them off, and god knows how many other unopened kits getting more and more p*$$ed that their turn in the queue just got pushed back again. Oh well, that's the life of a mini addict, and if not for the dreams of projects yet to do, I may never get out of bed, lol!

(((Hugs))) Jodi!  I hope the thought of a new project with new ideas helps chase away those seasonal blues for you!! Around February and March, I start feeling it too after so much winter here in the Midwest! I look forward to seeing your project. What kind of wallpaper inspired you? 

• Like 1

Tracy, that's going to look amazing when the light hits it :) Thanks about the flowers, hope the tutorials are helpful to someone. Hope you get feeling better soon! Time for some homemade chicken noodle soup.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

My husband had to make a quick trip up to Washington state and said it rained the entire time. I hear ya about winter blues...autumn is all too short in the mountains and there is already snow up on the peaks. 

Yeah I heard from my relatives in MT that the early snowfall is the only thing slowing down the wildfires - the rain and clouds are disheartening, but snow would completely finish me!

I am really going to try to keep this one simple with only a couple little structural changes. I need to rediscover the "joy" of making most everything to fill it up. I need a win, and something bright and cheerful to look at! :O) I'm thinking it will be my little escape cottage, quaint and girllie. I hope!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Minis On The Edge said:

(((Hugs))) Jodi!  I hope the thought of a new project with new ideas helps chase away those seasonal blues for you!! Around February and March, I start feeling it too after so much winter here in the Midwest! I look forward to seeing your project. What kind of wallpaper inspired you? 

Thanks Tracy! Hugs really do help, and having such like minded compassionate people to reach out to is an amazing blessing!

I am going with a combo of these two papers - they weren't made to go with each other but in my mind they are meant to be, lol!

2d5f9fb2b72e5d7b6297ad50012871e4.image.2

wal1406.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Minis On The Edge said:

I have both of those patterns from itsy bitsy but different colors. Mine is the red blue. I Love those two together! This will be such a sweet cottage Jodi!

Thanks, Tracy!  Those colors just make me happy! I hope you get to use yours very soon, too!

12 hours ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

Oh dear, I feel you might be heading to where I was a couple of weeks ago.. 

One of the only great things about livings somewhere with virtually no seasons.. is SAD isn't an issue.. I like your fix for it though Jodi! Amazing how a little mini shopping picks you up! :) 

If you have the room, the more projects the merrier I say. Just give those other kits a pep talk and tell them their time will come. :D

Those papers look so pretty.. just the thing to give you some motivation. And, I don't know what you are talking about with needing a win.. girl, everthing you make is a win. You do fabulous work! I'm always in awe... do not doubt yourself!  Here's some more hugs. :D

(((hugs)))  

(((hugs)))

(((hugs)))

(((hugs)))

5 hours ago, Minis On The Edge said:

...I've book marked your flower tutorials too so I can add them to the tutorial section here on the forum...

Get well soon, sweetheart, and mini thanks for adding Karin's flower tutorils to our pinned section!

1 hour ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

...a combo of these two papers - they weren't made to go with each other but in my mind they are meant to be, lol!

2d5f9fb2b72e5d7b6297ad50012871e4.image.2

wal1406.jpg

Well they do so go together!  Golly, that's a pretty combo.

7 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

Karin, are you anywhere near Park City? We go there every year for a ski trip. :skiing: