What's everyone working on?

I've been on a search for a friend for a 1:12 scale Thornhill kit. I realize RGT's quit making the kit, but typically you can still find them if you look -- though all of my normal spots of finding good deals have turned up zilch! So while that was a bit of a disappointment I at least was able to point her in the direction of a couple of good deals for furnishings and lights. Meanwhile, whilst I was doing all of that was b/c I was waiting on glue to dry. My day was spent gluing down individual veneer strips, which given I think will look gorgeous -- but boy oh boy does it take a good bit longer doing so in 1:12 scale than my last ones in 1:6! lol Ah well, has also been giving me time to really research colonial decor on the coast. I'm really wanting to make sure I have some touches in my Nantucket house of the Colonial era, while still bringing it into the modern day and age. I have my Braxton Payne fireplace I was wanting to put in the kitchen, but it's so big it overpowers the room. So instead I will be having fun cutting my slate tiles for the kitchen floor and figuring out if I want to make a fireplace with Paperclay... don't know yet but will give it time to percolate until I can figure it out.

15 hours ago, minikelli said:

I've been on a search for a friend for a 1:12 scale Thornhill kit. I realize RGT's quit making the kit, but typically you can still find them if you look -- though all of my normal spots of finding good deals have turned up zilch! So while that was a bit of a disappointment I at least was able to point her in the direction of a couple of good deals for furnishings and lights. Meanwhile, whilst I was doing all of that was b/c I was waiting on glue to dry. My day was spent gluing down individual veneer strips, which given I think will look gorgeous -- but boy oh boy does it take a good bit longer doing so in 1:12 scale than my last ones in 1:6! lol Ah well, has also been giving me time to really research colonial decor on the coast. I'm really wanting to make sure I have some touches in my Nantucket house of the Colonial era, while still bringing it into the modern day and age. I have my Braxton Payne fireplace I was wanting to put in the kitchen, but it's so big it overpowers the room. So instead I will be having fun cutting my slate tiles for the kitchen floor and figuring out if I want to make a fireplace with Paperclay... don't know yet but will give it time to percolate until I can figure it out.

Try this  http://www.thelittledollhousecompany.com/dollhouses-miniatures-furniture-kits/batrie-collection-c-1_274_18_73/real-good-toys-71k-newport-house-kit-p-515

Sorry, that's the wrong house. Not what you want.

Well, I have been trying to finish up the brick Colonial....for the last several weeks! LOL  But this morning I did get a start on a last-minute project: fixing the attic wall sconce that I broke off!  :doh:  It meant having to remove the wallpaper liner and re-doing the tapewire and soldering.  All went well and the new light is in and working! Yay!  Now hopefully tonite it will be dry enough for me to get a first coat of paint on.  Otherwise it's just a few little paint/stain touch ups and we're DONE!  :cucumber:

I've decided that after this house is off the workbench I am taking the rest of the year to work on some personal projects.  This week I've received a couple of treasures in the mail and can't wait to get them into my little wall display house!  :D  I will have to take some pics tonite. 

• Like 1

Hi yall, I made a challenge to myself to be in my niche everyday for as long as it takes to drink 2 drinks...bout 4 or 5 hours...and I have been chaotically creating lol...

currently I am working on a new project...I started with 3 items from my WIP's shelves and am now combining then into 1...it currently has 7 rooms...I will be sharing photos soon...as soon as I get to stage 3...I am almost finished with stage 2.... and while I wait for things to dry...I have been painting...wonderful tutorials can be found on you-tube for beginners like me...and I have started filling up my blank walls with paintings with COLOR...the last 2 weeks have been very productive...

hope to be sharing soon...ty for all your inspiration!:eek:

• Like 1

What are we drinking Nutti? ;-) I think that sounds like a good plan to make sure we get creative time in our day. I oil paint and dollhouse too, sometimes hard to decide which one Im in the mood for, but as long as I'm doing something productive and creative that's what matters. 

• Like 1

lol...Karin I drink 1 liter bottles of water...lol...nothing fun or exciting... but would be a good thing to blame the project on lol...:dunno:

painting in oil...wow good for you...acrylics for me...its quite satisfying even if its someone elses artwork...

• Like 1

I decided to push back the  Victorian townhouse, just too much preliminary planning to do, things to order, before I even start construction. I decided to do another roombox after I remembered I had an empty one that I had glued together years ago and then put aside. On the other hand there's a townhouse shell we had bought to resell when we had our online store. I thought it might be fun to finish it off, but I couldn't find the 2nd flight of stairs. I looked EVERYWHERE for it, couldn't figure out what could have happened to it - till just a few minutes ago I remembered one place I hadn't looked. I figured no way could it be there - but it was. Now I don't know what to do, finish the shell or the roombox? I can only give my full attention to one artistic project at a time.

yesterday as I moved my stuff to the niche for my day...a strange thing happened....I sat my stuff down and looked up at my project and just on the shelf behind it was........a basket cornucopia I got at goodwill last yr...well it is now happily part of my project...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! wait till you seee:clap:

I have been on a grand adventure with this project...I started with 3 structures I have had for yrs combined into one...2 of the structures are completly together and ready for paper mache...accidently put the start of stage 3 in place before I was ready...OF COURSE:groan:  so I will have to work around it to finish up stage 2 which is happening tomorrow!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jbnmini said:

The Brick Colonial rehab is DONE!!  And the client picked it up this evening!  I told my hubby that if the woman cries....I've done my job.  :p  She cried.

Very nice, Jackie!  :clap::clap::clap:

Now didn't you say the next one's for you?

• Like 1

Yea!!! So glad to hear she was brought to tears Jackie! Anna, love your Hen & Chicks -- such a great idea, and love how realistic they look! Nutti, can't wait to see what you're up to as well.  I've not been doing a whole lot here, just been working up some plans for a 1:24 dollhouse and working on 1:12 floors. Other than that praying to get the cold that's settled in kicked, and get some energy back.

Just back home again after a weekend up in Stockholm attenting the mini show as a vendor. Shared a few pics of My Table snappas in a hurra just as the show was about to open....

large.IMG_0796.JPG.a924e3d139a10b30c9a8c

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

My, you have been a busy little bee, haven't you?  I hope you sold out.

Yep, kind of busy bee :) , you know me, just can't stop after one when the hands want to try out more... didn't sell out but sold plenty and had a great adventure. A bit different Crowe campares to the show in Farum/Denmark, and this so made me miss that too... <sigh> Feels a bit  sort of like opening the Box of Pandora here. 

Hugs

1 minute ago, KathieB said:

Anna, you have a wonderful array of items--something for everyone. Just out of curiosity, which items enjoyed the most interest/sales?

Hubby and I pondering about the same thing earlier whilst driving back home (a five hour trek) and concluded that it was the pet items  that went the bes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L Swearengin said:

I was playing with clay a while back. (Octopus  etc), had no clue what I was going to use them for.  Well went to Michael's yesterday in Paducah.   Made pins out of them.  Pics on pinterest.  Funny part,  I don't wear pins.

Gifts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L Swearengin said:

I was playing with clay a while back. (Octopus  etc), had no clue what I was going to use them for.  Well went to Michael's yesterday in Paducah.   Made pins out of them.  Pics on pinterest.  Funny part,  I don't wear pins.

Maybe you should start wearing pins.  Those are really nice.  I especially like the floral one.