What's everyone working on?

I have been wanting to do something like this for awhile but only recently was reintroduced/reminded of this technique and then to make it BIGGER..so ty Sharon Ojala for that!! my concept wasnt to hide my house but for the tree to have grown up around it...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, nuttiwebgal said:

my concept wasn't to hide my house but for the tree to have grown up around it...

Love it! So natural. Can't wait to see how it evolves.

• Like 1

:oops:  I thought I was clear to work on my own projects until Christmas....happen to look at my file and realized that the big white Federal was due by THANKSGIVING!  oops. 'Scuse me....Imma go start on that....:eekout:

• Like 1

On 10/10/2017, 3:37:02, Anna said:

Been Preparing stuff for the show this coming weekend, just some odd bits and pieces....

large.IMG_0786.JPG.181ea4f7ec35afdb2ac93large.IMG_0780.JPG.ef388c1b16f706239df8dlarge.IMG_0785.JPG.a5215a49c7669d194d47e

Anna, I LOVE those teapots! Your succulents turned out Great too! I saw this in real life with the broken flower pots :) Wonderful Job!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nuttiwebgal said:

I have been wanting to do something like this for awhile but only recently was reintroduced/reminded of this technique and then to make it BIGGER..so ty Sharon Ojala for that!! my concept wasnt to hide my house but for the tree to have grown up around it...

You Know I’m LOVING this Nutti!! So cool that you did a YouTube video also!! It’s really coming to life :) 

On 10/1/2017, 4:20:21, Jeannine said:

Coming along nicely with my Sugarplum house for my woodcutter, the wood is much thinner than the Fairfield which surprised me, but I have a wood floor put in and am just thinking about ceilings right now

I can’t wait to see pictures!! This theme has me so excited! I just loved that story as a kid. Then when the Barbie dolls came out with the cutest big bad wolf... I had to get that too lol. :) 

1 hour ago, jbnmini said:

:oops:  I thought I was clear to work on my own projects until Christmas....happen to look at my file and realized that the big white Federal was due by THANKSGIVING!  oops. 'Scuse me....Imma go start on that....:eekout:

Oh! Say it ain't so Jackie! :doh:

I hope this one goes ~Q~U~I~C~K~! For you and for me, I wanna see what you do for you:drool:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nuttiwebgal said:

Love it Nutti! I want to make one of these tree houses soooo badly. I think mine will house Gnomes. :D 

20 hours ago, nuttiwebgal said:

You are sooo cool, Nutti! I'd love to come over to your house to play! :clap:

• Like 1

I've just finished up a little week long passion project inspired by an Instagram photo. There are too many (and too large) photos to share on the forum. The blog post should be available after about 7:00pm PST.

I did make some candle pillars and candles for the project, so created a How To if anyone needs super simple ones for a project:

https://my-miniaturemadness.blogspot.com/p/112th-scale-candle-pillar-candle.html

Lev_vackert_access_resized.png

This weekend I bought a black craft pumpkin to house my skeleton dressed in a black robe with glowing eyes, that I've had for many years. I was so excited to get started. Sunday I pulled all my Halloween stuff out, picked out some furniture, and made some plans. Last night I got out lights, played around with a few things, got frustrated, and put it away and walked out.  Maybe it will go better this weekend.

I finished the exterior of a townhouse by Alessio miniatures. It came prebricked with strips of quoins that you have to paint and attach, windows, a door and a piece of molding that goes over the edge of the roof line. I can't remember what it's called. I added a few more architectural details of my own and made some window boxes and a pavement with a white front step. Other than prep the stairs that came with it I have no other plans for the interior. I feel I should have primed the interior walls before I started fiddling with the facade, but too late now. I'm planning on selling it on Ebay for local pickup when I'm done doing whatever else I'm going to do to it. BTW, the pavement came out looking too orange red in the photo, so I'm not happy about that. In actuality, the pavement came out just the way I wanted it to, a nice Philadelphia red brick pavement.

IMG_2269.JPG

• Like 3

Today and yesterday I spend a few hours 'weathering' a few items: the wooden crates, a little feeding scoop and the broom. I've also painted this tin bucket to look a bit more like an old enamel bucket. And... I made a little boxwood tree! I had so much fun making that one! <3 

BC-4414K.jpg

Edited by Wollepluis
  • Like 2

I have not logged on for awhile, but have been very mini busy.  Enjoyed spending two hours at the Portland Miniature Show (a quick hello said to Claudia and a quick peek at her bed and breakfast).  Purchased a few items (vintage) that I went hoping to find.  Stopped at the dollhouse shop south of Portland and bought a couple of vintage items.  

Recently bought a large 1:12 mystery house with a porch of my dreams.  It is as wide as the width of the bed of our pickup.  It does not look like a kit.  The lights and stove and fireplace worked when we brought it home, but the wallpaper was very dirty and bulging (due to electrical wiring running under it).  Removed the wallpaper and husband is now cutting grooves into the walls to run new wiring.  It had not been primed, so that is next step.  Will try to post pics later.  Reconfiguring a couple of walls as the bathroom was almost impossible to get into and had accumulated lots of dirt and grime.  This house came with a well made custom table on casters that has an opening in the center of the table for the transformer(?).

We also bought a Beacon Hill (from the same wonderful seller) that was built, but in need of rehab.  My husband is also going to work on the electrical of this house.

It took awhile, but my husband is now very involved.

I have enjoyed looking at and reading about all of your projects. 

• Like 5

My co worker gave me an amazing house today! Some one gave it to her at a yard sale last year, and it's been in the barn since. I can't wait to clean it this weekend. It was either scratch built or plans. I'm pretty excited, so maybe I'll get to working on it soon.(shhhh... Don't tell the 5 unfinished rehab houses in the garage, or the WIP Beacon Hill)

It's still out in the car, it when I get it in and clean I'll post a better picture. It's 3 stories, and the partitions are removable so it'll probably have about 8 rooms. And it's got big pretty columns on the front porch.

A__6964.jpg

• Like 1

I have spent the last few days working on an HOM upholstered chair.  I wanted to make it a leather chair and I found some very thin leather in the remnant bin.  Got all the pieces upholstered and it is a big mess.  Apparently, the material really needs to be very thin to work, so no leather.  Was so discouraged I just put it all back in the box with a rubber band on it and hid it from my sight.  I'm going to pretend it never existed for the moment.  I don't even want to try and fix it now, maybe some other time.  I have a huge respect for anyone that can do upholstery work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pgwyn said:

I have spent the last few days working on an HOM upholstered chair.  I wanted to make it a leather chair and I found some very thin leather in the remnant bin.  Got all the pieces upholstered and it is a big mess.  Apparently, the material really needs to be very thin to work, so no leather.  Was so discouraged I just put it all back in the box with a rubber band on it and hid it from my sight.  I'm going to pretend it never existed for the moment.  I don't even want to try and fix it now, maybe some other time.  I have a huge respect for anyone that can do upholstery work.

Big hug, Patti! Been there...

7 hours ago, pgwyn said:

Oh Patti, I know this feeling well. Put it away, let it sit for a little while, you never know when inspiration for a work around will strike. :) ((hugs)) 

Thank you all for your comments.  Holly, if I do dig it out I will try the tie idea.  I have been wanting to go thrifting to look for fabric anyway.   So glad to be part of this little family. 

• Like 1