What's everyone working on?

4 hours ago, Jeannine said:

After yesterday, me and pictures,, I will try, can you do an album of bits and pieces, then they don't count do they?

Can someone please tell this non technical dumb dumb what a  3D pen is please ?

An album. Is a perfect way of storkonflikt the pics you want to share without the, taking up allotted space. That way you couls use the  insett other media feature to get he pictures showing in your posts.

as for the 3D pen, it is a pen that one loads/Feeds a Plastic (in My case atleast) filament thread into it (works sort of like a glue Gun actually) and one can free hand paint a solid objekt building it up as one goes. It is a very neat toy that Will take some (read a lot) practise to achieve great resultat. I am still only getting used to it Trying things as I go but I can see a LOT of used, especially with faux wriugt iron pieces 

Jeannine you can have an album for random images.  Then if you need to share a picture to explain or show something, tell us to check your album, we can find it by clicking on your profile. Resizing shouldn't be an issue in the gallery. Just do one picture at a time and it should work. I can't wait to see the nativity :) I would be nervous to work on baby Jesus lol. 

For a video about using 3D pens for miniature work,  look up Angie Scarr on YouTube. She's a polymer clay artist but has some videos about the pen. 

Thanks Karin all I have to do now is to remember how to do an album..oh I hate technology.

Baby Jesus, is laying in his manger, he is not loose, on a bigger set I would remove him, build up the clay and make it 2 pieces but as he is maybe 1/4 inch long I think not..

I will clean and fire the pink ones, they will pop into small spaces in the kiln . I have never put mother of pearl  lustre  over pink but it may work. I am going to repour in white porcelain today though. I think it would be impossible to detail paint them so I think they are better in overglazed lustre.

I will try with the picture thing.

By the way the  pictures of your kiln..whooah very posh, makes my six sided silver one look ancient. I an waiting with excitement to hear how you get on with it,.

Thank you both for the info on e the 3d pen I will look that up.

I gotta get me one of those 3d pens..it is a bit like slip trailing and I used to like that, thank you for the info.

Barb, I will do the picture thing and try for a second album. I have poured  many nativity sets in many sizes , I made one for my church several years ago  and baby Jesus was about 12 inches , fortunately it was just the Holy family not all the pieces. This is the tiniest one I have ever seen. I now want to check the mold company to see what else they make of course.

• Like 2

Yep, they're all there. Loving the porcelain album, please share lots of photos, I know it's time consuming to load them but a picture is worth a thousand words and I think it's so interesting to see the process of mold to finished doll. That nativity.....wow! 

I'm working on shoveling, we've had 64" of snow in a few days, but I did find more wood I didn't realize I had, so I can hopefully bring in the new year by putting the last outside wall on my bottom floor of my apartment building. I was really pleased to find them, I figured I had to order more. I still do so I can work on the apartments, but at least I can get the shell to the shops done now.

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

• Like 1

I feel like I am just working at staying warm, we don't have a lot of snow for this time of year, just about 18" or so, but it has been record breaking cold, below 0 since Christmas day, and supposed to continue until about the 7-8.  There is no heating this house in that cold, good thing I have an electric blanket, the barn is sometimes warmer then the house, I threatened to go sleep in the stable the other night!

5 hours ago, Jeannine said:

I have also started one called porcelain people etc and the nativity set is there

Indeed they are and am am just amazed with all the dolls and the nativitet set is fantastic as well!

9 hours ago, Jeannine said:

I have also started one called porcelain people etc and the nativity set is there

I'm so glad you got the photo thing worked out! :clap: 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Goldenrodfarm said:

I feel like I am just working at staying warm, we don't have a lot of snow for this time of year, just about 18" or so, but it has been record breaking cold, below 0 since Christmas day, and supposed to continue until about the 7-8.  There is no heating this house in that cold, good thing I have an electric blanket, the barn is sometimes warmer then the house, I threatened to go sleep in the stable the other night!

Yikes! Stay warm. I can't work when my fingers are cold. When it's that cold I get those hand warmers called little hotties I think...and keep them in my pockets. We're the opposite, normally under a ft of snow this time of year..this year, no snow to speak of and it's still in the 50s. 

I finished my maid doll yesterday aside from her hair which I have to wait for a package of doll hair to arrive and trying to plan out how to make panniers for the Marie Antoinette costume on the next doll. They'll never show so I have to decide whether to use an illusion or make them for real. 

1 hour ago, WyckedWood said:

Yikes! Stay warm. I can't work when my fingers are cold. When it's that cold I get those hand warmers called little hotties I think...and keep them in my pockets. We're the opposite, normally under a ft of snow this time of year..this year, no snow to speak of and it's still in the 50s. 

I finished my maid doll yesterday aside from her hair which I have to wait for a package of doll hair to arrive and trying to plan out how to make panniers for the Marie Antoinette costume on the next doll. They'll never show so I have to decide whether to use an illusion or make them for real. 

I was so cold last night I got the hotties out of my mittens from chores and was holding them in the living room lol.  Poor circulation makes my fingers white and numb when they get cold, the little hand warmers did the trick!

• Like 2

I couldn't stand that cold hand warmers or not, I would be a pretzel, any  cold and my pain level goes way high and I stiffen quickly. Then again I don't like the heat either, my breathing gets worse in the heat..I just can't win, fortunately it is quite temperate here and even if it snows the house can be as warm as I like it. I do sleep in a cold room though, with an electric blanket under me and a down duvet on top, so I breath cold air and have a fan on plus I have two Mexican hot water bottles, called Florence and Maisie  , they curl up under the duvet too..How do your animals do in that cold Barb, I guess you can't take a llama to bed

8 minutes ago, Jeannine said:

I couldn't stand that cold hand warmers or not, I would be a pretzel, any  cold and my pain level goes way high and I stiffen quickly. Then again I don't like the heat either, my breathing gets worse in the heat..I just can't win, fortunately it is quite temperate here and even if it snows the house can be as warm as I like it. I do sleep in a cold room though, with an electric blanket under me and a down duvet on top, so I breath cold air and have a fan on plus I have two Mexican hot water bottles, called Florence and Maisie  , they curl up under the duvet too..How do your animals do in that cold Barb, I guess you can't take a llama to bed

Animal heat is a wonderful thing, this morning it was 55 in the stable area.  The Stable of the barn is partly underground, the front and part of the sides are under ground with the back and the rest of the sides above ground, so with all those big cows, the horse, llama, Alpaca, donkey, lots of sheep and 50 chickens lots of heat is generated down there, it keeps the water open for most of our cold winter, I am in Northern Maine although not as far up as where I went to HS.  I do actually spend a lot of time in the barn this time of year, just takes a lot longer to clean out, feed up and of course hug the animals, If Apache (horse) didn't get her hug she would not be happy!  And there is a fairly new kitten, Cricket to play with :)  I mind the cold more as I get older, but when it gets to be extended below 0 stuff it just gets very old so I whine, sorry! Calliope is usually on me somewhere when I am in bed or curled close to me, too bad she is not big like my Chocolate Lab Gus was.

I get nightmarishly sick if it is too warm, so anything above 60 and my lungs start to fill. I won't say that this year though, I'm not debating a cruise just so I can get a slight break, we've more storms moving in and a town not far of me actually has more snow than we do. It's just how it is up here, but it can still be a bit much sometimes. I also got a really nice hand warmer this year for a gift and I admit, that thing has become my new cuddle buddy to help offset my Raynaud's disease in my extremities.

Oh Raynauds, Jacqueline, that's not nice,,poor you.. yep keep those fingers warm, maybe you should pop them in your boots too. I have a lovely electric foot warmer bit of course it is only any use when  I am sat down.

Barb , of course that makes sense, I probably would have a bed in there and share the warmth.

I heartily recommend the electric foot warmer thing I have, it is like a pair of boots but both not fastened  together, more like a double boot , all comfy padded and furry lined and it is electric, but of course you can't walk in it. When your feet are cold though it is heaven to slip into.

imagesAI4EYPAO.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeannine said:

I heartily recommend the electric foot warmer thing I have, it is like a pair of boots but both not fastened  together, more like a double boot , all comfy padded and furry lined and it is electric, but of course you can't walk in it. When your feet are cold though it is heaven to slip into.

imagesAI4EYPAO.jpg

That looks wonderful!!