What's everyone working on?

7 hours ago, Samusa said:

On Wednesday I start Five weeks vacation

Trying not to be too envious.  I have been with present employer for 17 years, and still only get four weeks a year, and even then I don't think I could take it all at once.  (Still better than my last job, where my employer thought paid holidays and vacation were a communist plot, and kept trying to figure out ways to stop us from taking them.  I was an exempt employee, so not entitled to overtime pay.)  You are so lucky!  Hope you enjoy every minute!

• Like 1

Not one of my favorite club projects. The kit’s card stock was too flimsy and is having a difficult time holding up the fabric weight and keeping its intended shape. This will be exhibited at our Show (maybe). However, I made all of the contents, including the crib. 

Edit: I can’t stand the ribbon along the edge—that’s a redo.

807A36C6-6B23-49D6-8397-CAACA93B02C0.jpeg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

Trying not to be too envious.  I have been with present employer for 17 years, and still only get four weeks a year, and even then I don't think I could take it all at once.  (Still better than my last job, where my employer thought paid holidays and vacation were a communist plot, and kept trying to figure out ways to stop us from taking them.  I was an exempt employee, so not entitled to overtime pay.)  You are so lucky!  Hope you enjoy every minute!

Lol, at your last employer, I had one like that when I worked in LA. Having worked around the world I'm well aware how lucky I am and appreciate it everyday :) 

I'm working on my first rehab . It's the kitchen in the Fairy/Dragon keep it was so ugly I pulled everything out cleared the wall paper and started over . It just didn't work . The Pierce is a tough dollhouse for a kitchen if it wasn't a fairy house I think I would cut it open to the dinning room but I think that's a little to modern.  This is my very first really tough day building a house it seems like every step forward is a step back I'm waiting for everything to dry and can't make a decision. So I mad my list of items I need to get tomorrow since I'm out and about and am now watching Monk on TV. 

• Like 1

I finished up one of the Robin Betterley NAME houses I bought last week. It says it's a dollhouse for 1/2" scale, so I guess that would make it 1/288. So I'm thinking the other tiny house I did that I thought was 1/288, was actually 1/1000. I kinda remember that now.

While I was building it, Lawson came downstairs so I went in the other room to show him. I had on my apron, and I handed him this little one inch white square, and he said at first he thought he was supposed to eat it!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NellBell said:

I'm working on my first rehab . It's the kitchen in the Fairy/Dragon keep it was so ugly I pulled everything out cleared the wall paper and started over . It just didn't work . The Pierce is a tough dollhouse for a kitchen if it wasn't a fairy house I think I would cut it open to the dinning room but I think that's a little to modern.  This is my very first really tough day building a house it seems like every step forward is a step back I'm waiting for everything to dry and can't make a decision. So I mad my list of items I need to get tomorrow since I'm out and about and am now watching Monk on TV. 

These are the days that really test your metal... We've all been there.. Sometimes you just need to take a step back and regroup. Watching Monk sounds like a good way to do that. :D don't get discouraged, you will find a work around. 

Nell, what Samantha said! And I totally understand! The Yellow house rehab has been the most difficult dollhouse ever, and frankly, one of the most difficult craft/hobby/DIY things I've ever done. Ripping out all of the old, dirty, warped and ruined was super easy compared to EVERY THING else. Every step of this has been a new challenge, a new problem. And I'll make a tiny bit of progress and see the next step coming and freak out all over.

Take your time. Don't overthink it. It doesn't have to be perfect. It won't be perfect. Enjoy learning something new. Keep going until it's done.

I started making my first piece of real furniture, it a living room type of chair.  If you’ve seen my current build you’re saying...you’ve made furniture.  Yes I’ve made lots of cabinets but those are basically boxes.  This chair has curves and is a bit more delicate. The progress so far I’m very excited about. 

• Like 2

Thanks! Even tho it was not my direction or intention or inspiration she does have a Haversham vibe. It would have been better (more ghostly) if she had been poured in white or near white porcelain. I got her as pale as I could with pastels.