What's everyone working on?

I am starting cutting for the piano, still trying to figure out some of the measurements, the video is in Korean and there doesn't seem to be a way to translate in-bedded captions, so I have watched it about a million times trying to pick out the measurements.  I am only taking parts of this one and parts of several others and parts that I just want to do!

22 hours ago, sparklepuppies said:

I'm not working on anything right now. :( Except just sitting on my behind on the sofa wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket. Bleh. I have a project picked out and sitting on the table, but I can't get excited about working on it. Guess that means that's not the right project for now. Hopefully this weekend I can make myself go down and do something, even if it's just reorganizing and maybe get inspired for a different project. Goodness knows I've got plenty to choose from! But that means I'd have to leave my cozy blanket...

Sitting here reading this from under a cozy blanket. I'm very busy staring out the window watching for signs of Spring. Guessing Sam got some fresh powder to ski this morning. 

Aside from that just painting dolls, so fun seeing their faces come to life. 

My sweet husband let me pick out my own Valentines gift (this works best for both of us ;) and I chose the Hallie doll mold from Cynthia Howe, along with gloved arms and a mold for "all the right shoes" a collection of different shoes all in one mold. Unfortunately not all of the molds from the different artists are interchangeable, Cynthia's are larger dolls than the others I have, even tho they're still 1:12, but I like both body types so I'm happy to start a collection of Cynthia's molds.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

Sitting here reading this from under a cozy blanket. I'm very busy staring out the window watching for signs of Spring. Guessing Sam got some fresh powder to ski this morning. 

My sweet husband let me pick out my own Valentines gift (this works best for both of us ;) and I chose the Hallie doll mold from Cynthia Howe, along with gloved arms and a mold for "all the right shoes" a collection of different shoes all in one mold. Unfortunately not all of the molds from the different artists are interchangeable, Cynthia's are larger dolls than the others I have, even tho they're still 1:12, but I like both body types so I'm happy to start a collection of Cynthia's molds.

Sam, did get fresh powder to ski today! :D and it snowed all day up here. Just stopped now. A lesson in "Be careful what you wish for" though...  At one point after lunch, it was blizzard conditions up there. Zero visibility and sooo windy! I thought I was going to get blown off the mountain! The wind blew alot of the snow off the runs too, so it was ICY. Quite trecherous. Decided to call it a day and make another trip down to Michaels. :)

looking forward to seeing your new dolls. Good call on the V Day present. Hubby and I do the same thing for all presents. Everybody gets what they want. :)

New wallpaper came and it's a keeper! Now...to make decisions about other wall choices. I have some tile sheets I was going to paint for the bathroom, but the wall-mount sink is quite heavy. My concern is that that the sink might have a tendency to fall off and damage the wall, and/or whatever adhesive I use won't stick to the paint. Several solutions to this...I'm going to make a plumbing line that goes from sink to floor to help give it some support (and it'll look cool) and thinking about those clear tile sheets that you paint from behind. Glue or tape will be sticking straight to plastic, instead of paint. Don't know if I want shiny tile, though.... 

19 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

3 hours ago, NellBell said:
22 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

I love Cynthia How’s site and her doll molds. Halie and Elizebeth are my favorites. Can’t wait to see her done 

• Like 1

Feeling very sad today. One of our cats had cancer, and today was the day to say goodbye. Lots of other sad things going on, too. I did start a major cleaning of the craft room, which felt good, and badly needs to be done. It's also a reminder of what remains unfinished. I need to shop less and build more.  

So sorry Linda. These are the absolute hardest days of lovingly caring for our fur babies. One thing is certain, these are the family members who will certainly break your heart. But they give so much unconditional love (well slightly conditional in the case of cats :) ) in the intervening years, they are totally worth it. Thinking of you on this toughest of days. 

I am sorry too about the kitty, no magic words but I will think of you and you loss.

me, since I have been ill I have not been able to do any building but managed a coupe of carpets in cross. stitch

My replacement shingles finally arrived  for Joe;s house and ,I did mask up and stain them, the smell has all gone now so I am waiting for a good day to attempt the rest of the shingles to finish it. but I still feel a bit weak to start working on a bigger house just now. I am a tad stronger each day buit I suspect I was a lot sicker than I realized, it has been nearly six weeks now and still not where I was . The Glencroft is glaring at me but I don't think I should be sanding just yet.

3 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

...stronger each day... I was a lot sicker than I realized, it has been nearly six weeks now and still not where I was...

The touch of cold I caught in mid-December finally disappeared about two weeks ago.  It takes our immune systems longer to fight these things as they age.

So, in beteende fever naps I am not doing much else than browsing for ideas and auppliers for a scene that might end up as a work shop, eevtnually. i came a cross a furniture brand called "bare essentials" and wer wondering if someone else might know anything about them as a wholeseller? Looking for a run of apprx 40 chairs so that is would be a good thing to be able to find a good price for so to speak. .

Thanks everyone. I know we did the right thing for him, but still doesn't make it any less difficult. I'm glad he's not hurting anymore.

Anna, I've seen those Bare Essentials pieces online, and was planning to buy some. I'm glad to see more unfinished pieces out there, but no idea what the quality is like. I have my eye on an upholstered piece, and I'm wondering how hard it will be to remove the factory fabric. Will let you know if I order it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, stickyfingers said:

I know we did the right thing for him, but still doesn't make it any less difficult. I'm glad he's not hurting anymore.

So sorry to hear about your kitty. It is always so hard to make that decision, even when we know it's for the best.  Our pets are truly family members.  Hugs from me, as well.

• Like 1

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. Our furbabies are so dear aren't they? It's tough when we have to say goodbye.

Well, the countdown is on to Daddy/Daughter trip 2018 and that means a whole week of freedom for me! I have some stuff to do in the house while they are away but it's generally in good shape so I may relax a bit. No costumes, no meetings, no nothing. I smell a week of miniature work coming! It's the perfect time to try tackling a multi-bulb chandelier.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

Thanks everyone. I know we did the right thing for him, but still doesn't make it any less difficult. I'm glad he's not hurting anymore..

Linda, I sat on a blanket on the floor of our vet's and held my Beautiful Melody in my arms whilst she went to the Rainbow Bridge; DH sat out in the waiting room until it was over.  We are still dogless.  Here are many {{{hugs}}} for you.

• Like 2

Sorry for your loss Linda. So hard to lose them. 

Still working on painting this last batch of dolls. I started using a different magnifier that's much more powerful but it's slowing my work down because I can see every microscopic imperfection. It's really enough to make you a little batty actually. I have to keep reminding myself there's only so much you can do. But when I do finally feel I've done all that I can, they do look better than my previous ones. I wasn't planning to, but decided I'd try China painting their faces after all from now on, so waiting for supplies to come. Pouring some new molds this weekend, I have lots of notes from the first pouring experience of things to do differently/pay closer attention to. 

• Like 4

@Samusa

Have fun Sam...don't forget to pull up the 40% off coupon on your phone. I think HL has the best price on Creative Paper Clay. Here it is $9.99 for 16oz. It was $12.99 at Michaels. I wish I could go shopping with you. Also, JoAnn's is another craft store franchise that you might want check out.