What's everyone working on?

6 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

@Samusa

Have fun Sam...don't forget to pull up the 40% off coupon on your phone. I think HL has the best price on Creative Paper Clay. Here it is $9.99 for 16oz. It was $12.99 at Michaels. I wish I could go shopping with you. Also, JoAnn's is another craft store franchise that you might want check out.

38 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Heading to the Sandy UT Hobby Lobby today! Excited!! :D 

Have fun you'll be there awhile . If Hubby is with you split your order and have him use a coupon too.

• Like 1

Sorry this was stuck on my computer.

I just want to say  i am so sorry about your cat. My indoor cat got out and I can understand your feeling.

Finishing up one of the Japanese kits and modified it with my twist. Will post pictures later. 

So glad to be back.

Gail  :bear:

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Omg! So much stuff! Where do I start! #overwhelmed #help pplease what sections do you recommend???

Well the actually have dollhouse stuff . some of the jewelry is 50% off  and they have some cool stuff . art supplies are on sale . They have some wood but thats probably hard for you to travel with . They have a lot of fabric trims also so go into the fabric ares .

Have fun 

2 hours ago, Samusa said:

Heading to the Sandy UT Hobby Lobby today! Excited!! :D 

Yay, have fun, do what I would, over buy, one NEVER knows when it Will come in hands :) 

Oh my, I'm not even a quarter through the store and I probably have a couple of hundred dollars worth of stuff in my cart!!! I'm going to have to edit before I reach the checkout:ermm:

15 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Oh my, I'm not even a quarter through the store and I probably have a couple of hundred dollars worth of stuff in my cart!!! I'm going to have to edit before I reach the checkout:ermm:

Nah, you only live once and if the item is in your cart you need it,right?!? See, youncan always say someone told you to get it ALL, :evil:

That's my store Sam, hope you had fun :) I actually prefer Michaels and Joanns but since it's so close I go to HL. I live at the top of the hill right under the mountain at the foot of the canyon. Wish I could have met with you but then again it would have slowed down your shopping if you had to make small talk lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WyckedWood said:

That's my store Sam, hope you had fun :) I actually prefer Michaels and Joanns but since it's so close I go to HL. I live at the top of the hill right under the mountain at the foot of the canyon. Wish I could have met with you but then again it would have slowed down your shopping if you had to make small talk lol. 

Are you kidding!! What a shame you didn't see my post earlier and mosey on down. I'm sure you wouldn't have missed me, I would've had to be the only Australian accent in there. :D I was literally there from about 11am through to 3:30pm. Managed to get out of there with a few pennies change out of 3 bills :blush:. There is no way you could have slowed me down.. It would have been a requirement to walk and talk and also help me spend some cash. You would have been invaluable with your local knowledge of the store! I was so overwhelmed with all the options I was wandering aisles not knowing where to look first! :crazyeyes: Got lost on the way home lol.... Couldn't figure out how to get on the 215 east from Union Blvd. Ended up doing a tour of the Salt Lake freeways to  eventually make my way back to the 80 east. :D 

If you are just up the hill you must be in the Cottonwood Heights area. Hubby and I are very jealous if you are. We want to retire as close to the mouth of Little Cottonwood Canyon as humanly possible, so we can ski Alta in our old age.  :bigwink:

I did see a Michaels on Union Blvd on my way to HL that didn't seem to far from it. I guess if you have HL down the hill though... :) 

@Samusa Alta is my favorite place :) We're situated between the little and big canyons. So sorry you got lost, it can definitely get confusing. I don't stray far from home and if I have to go over parleys canyon  (family in Wyoming) I hug the mts. using Wasatch Blvd, makes it easier. In case anyone is wondering why we love Alta so much...and I'm 10 miles away from this spot :) 

ok back to minis....

IMG_8842.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks so much for all of the kind words. It's been a rough week.

DH and I don't exchange gifts for Valentines, but I did do some shopping. I have an Arthur kit and some other assorted minis on the way, as well as supplies coming from HBS. I'm gearing up for lots of work on the Yellow house.

Karin that is just gorgeous!! Wow!

Sam, it sounds like you're having a great trip! Enjoy all of the treasures!! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

@Samusa Alta is my favorite place :) We're situated between the little and big canyons. So sorry you got lost, it can definitely get confusing. I don't stray far from home and if I have to go over parleys canyon  (family in Wyoming) I hug the mts. using Wasatch Blvd, makes it easier. In case anyone is wondering why we love Alta so much...and I'm 10 miles away from this spot :) 

ok back to minis....

IMG_8842.JPG

I should have thought of Wasatch Blvd. :doh: We have used it before to go to Alta from PC. That picture wow!:eek: We've only been in the winter so that's the first time I've seen it sans snow. Just Gorgeous! Bears??

we leave tomorrow and are staying a night at a hotel right next to the Michaels before the first flight out tomorrow morning (gotta beat the storm). I'm not skiing today, just doing laundry and packing and generally organising. I may have to do one more sweep of the Michaels and there is a Walmart across the highway so I might have to swing in there too. :D What do you guys buy from Walmart?  

Walmart is a good place to get different glues. Other than that sometimes they have good jewelry findings. It's all in the crafty section. 

Probably more mountain lions than bears but there are bears. That lush green, wildflower season is very brief as you can imagine. That picture was at Catherine Pass my favorite hike :) Have safe travels home! 

Sam I am so excited for you, I know visiting those stores must have been a blast. We can't wait to hear what all you go from Hobby Lobby! :) I just checked my email and Michaels has a 50% off coupon today instead of the usual 40%. I always go to the website when I arrive to the store and click on coupons, and it pulls up all the coupons for the day. (There's a yarn coupon too if you're interested And 30% off online purchases, you could pick up in store.)

I'm not a huge fan of Walmart, but they have a lot of stuff. It's general merchandise, so its a wide variety, clothes, electronics, housewares, tools... My husband likes to buy his shoes there because they are cheap. They have a general craft section and some stores have fabric, or at the very least fat quarters.

Have a good trip back!

So my friend Janine from Minworks blog made a great suggestion to take the ribbons off the rolls to save space. Now all my ribbons are stuffed inside our shoes lol. More space!:cucumber:

i went over to Walmart this morning and picked up a few fat quarters, another roll of ribbon (I have an obsession.) some charms and a few mini canvases for mini paintings :D 

Cynthia, I practically flew through the Orientals and Aubusson I stitched, the geometrics I stitched based on some 1-2-3 Furnish rugs I spotted took a god bit of time, and the black, white & gray geometric I'm doin now is taking  F O R E V E R.

The "Dollar Spot" at target put out some little dollhouse shelves right after Christmas for $5. Last year I passed up getting one, and never could find them at my store, and I regretted it. So this year when they came back out, I grabbed one first time a I saw it. And it has been sitting on the ledge of my work room for 6 weeks. But that didn't stop me from getting a red one at 50% off Friday. And another red at 70% off yesterday... 

When I was standing in my kitchen (which has red walls) with it after unloading the bags, I had the idea to stick it on my corner knick-knack shelf. Then I gathered up my tiny (1:288) houses and they fit there nicely. So yay! :)  I have two more kits that size to do. I am off tomorrow, so I plan to head down today and get at least one done before I go back to work.

In the meantime, the white one is still lonely and empty downstairs, about to be joined by a new red one. And I've asked my daughter to get me another if she finds anymore. But at 70% off they are $1.50. So one day I'll think if something. Custom furniture, little picture frames, figurines, more tiny houses...

If you go to your store to check, look in both the dollar spot and the valentines clearance section.

• Like 2

Thanks for the info Tracy. 

I spent some time yesterday pouring some new molds I've been collecting. I've got a little bit of an addiction going. Anyway...I tried this mannequin mold combined (joined in greenware stage) with a doll head/torso that I already had and I think it's going to be really neat. It would remove the need for a doll stand altogether, having to assemble legs and underwear, shoes etc..(would be good for beginner costumers to try) A full skirt would be designed over the shape. I won't know how well it's going to work until it gets fired (I'm concerned about whether or not the height will be correct) but if it works out I will be very happy :) 

IMG_8887.JPG

• Like 5