What's everyone working on?

Opened the kiln to some new faces :)  While my sister was here she made off with my piano fairy (without the piano) and ordered a bride doll and bought me a mold to make her a Santa.  My Mom ordered a doll wearing a Victorian era bustled tea gown. I love the elegant curved necks of the two new dolls in the center and above. Also here is Cynthia Howes Hallie doll on two different torsos. I have to do a (RL) bathroom remodel so my dollmaking will slow down a bit for awhile.

34534756_10212706684681754_5702791171139436544_n (2).jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WyckedWood said:

Opened the kiln to some new faces :)  While my sister was here she made off with my piano fairy (without the piano) and ordered a bride doll and bought me a mold to make her a Santa.  My Mom ordered a doll wearing a Victorian era bustled tea gown. I love the elegant curved necks of the two new dolls in the center and above. Also here is Cynthia Howes Hallie doll on two different torsos. I have to do a (RL) bathroom remodel so my dollmaking will slow down a bit for awhile.

34534756_10212706684681754_5702791171139436544_n (2).jpg

They all look awesome . Lucky sissy and mom. Can't wait to see them.

• Like 1

Still working on my half scale bungalow but had a temporary ( I HOPE) set back with my hands.  I pulled a tendon in my thumb and can't do anything with it until it heals.  UGH!   
I posted a topic asking if anyone had built the RGT 1/2 scale Eastside Town House.   I can't find pictures anywhere of one completed.  How odd. 

I went online to HBS to order $15 worth of stair railing sets for the Beacon Hill's stairway remodel and ended up buying some parquet for the entryway and red oak flooring for the rest of the house. I had stained the kit floor and drawn board lines on it but that look just doesn't do it for me anymore.  I thought about faux tile flooring in the bathroom, but I think I'll put hardwood in there as well and paint it. So my order grew something over 10x the original estimate. 

I have assembled the middle floor staircase run. It looks good. Photos to come.

• Like 1

I finished most of the outside of The Willow. I still can't find the acetate sheet for the curved windows and the front door, so I improvised. After doing all the trim I have a new appreciation for all of the Beacon Hill Builders.

5b1efb5350c16_IMG_0812willow.jpg.8f9f04e5b1efb414935f_sidewillow.jpg.dde9a3f94c1

• Like 3

Just rescued a vintage colonial house off of Craigslist! The woman who had it said it was built by her father for her daughter in the mid-80s. It’s in very rough shape but it was FREE... can’t beat the price! Hideous blue fur glued to the whole top level, yikes! Came with a few extras, including some dead spiders that I could have done without. Will have to get some pictures of it soon. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

I finished most of the outside of The Willow. I still can't find the acetate sheet for the curved windows and the front door, so I improvised. After doing all the trim I have a new appreciation for all of the Beacon Hill Builders.

I love it Carrie! Especially the chimney brick and all the trim work - looks wonderful as so worth all of the effort! :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KathieB said:

I went online to HBS to order $15 worth of stair railing sets for the Beacon Hill's stairway remodel and ended up buying some parquet for the entryway and red oak flooring for the rest of the house. I had stained the kit floor and drawn board lines on it but that look just doesn't do it for me anymore.  I thought about faux tile flooring in the bathroom, but I think I'll put hardwood in there as well and paint it. So my order grew something over 10x the original estimate. 

I have assembled the middle floor staircase run. It looks good. Photos to come.

...I mean, you have to justify the shipping , right? :D 

14 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

5b1efb5350c16_IMG_0812willow.jpg.8f9f04e5b1efb414935f_sidewillow.jpg.dde9a3f94c1

OOh pretty! I was eyeing the Willow for a future build, I love the symmetry of her - and that outside chimney!! Lovely brickwork Carrie :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tinytimemachine said:

Just rescued a vintage colonial house off of Craigslist! The woman who had it said it was built by her father for her daughter in the mid-80s. It’s in very rough shape but it was FREE... can’t beat the price! Hideous blue fur glued to the whole top level, yikes! Came with a few extras, including some dead spiders that I could have done without. Will have to get some pictures of it soon. 

Lucky you Rachel! Is it the one in your profile pic? Can't wait to see what you do with it. I don't mind spiders - alive or dead :)

• Like 1

Still spårning a fever but in between chillis and naps I have Done five-ten stitched here and there and the Wall hanging/rug is Now officiellt Done stitching, still need to finish it and add the hanging thingy etc.

large.IMG_1534.JPG.df2db401145717a7d6616

• Like 2

Your house looks great Carrie! Beautiful craftsmanship too. 

I’ve been working on the Mistledough Cafe (storybook Cottage), it’s so charming, I’m madly in love with this kit. Perfect small size for holiday display. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestPaces said:

Lucky you Rachel! Is it the one in your profile pic? Can't wait to see what you do with it. I don't mind spiders - alive or dead :)

That’s the one! It’ll keep me busy for a while, I’m sure. It’s cute from the front and at a distance, at least!

2 hours ago, Anna said:

Still spårning a fever but in between chillis and naps I have Done five-ten stitched here and there and the Wall hanging/rug is Now officiellt Done stitching, still need to finish it and add the hanging thingy etc.

large.IMG_1534.JPG.df2db401145717a7d6616

Such a great little scene you’ve created here.  A simple idea but you have really captured the moment with all the details and yet it’s not over done.  It invites you in and encourages you to imagine the story.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tinytimemachine said:

That’s the one! It’ll keep me busy for a while, I’m sure. It’s cute from the front and at a distance, at least!

It has some good bones ... but my goodness, that blue fur!! What were they thinking? :D 

10 minutes ago, KathieB said:

It has some good bones ... but my goodness, that blue fur!! What were they thinking? :D 

Apparently they were VERY committed to this blue fur, judging by the amount of glue they used to hold it down. Was really hoping it would be the first thing to go, and QUICKLY, but it’s definitely going to take some effort to be rid of it!