What's everyone working on?

Got an answer fromAztech to and it is indeed the very same item, Thank you Deborah.

thinking about the wallhanging for the southwestern porch and tried it out with a fringe. What do you all Think? 

large.IMG_1538.JPG.55d6a4ef618c43904c953

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anna said:

thinking about the wallhanging for the southwestern porch and tried it out with a fringe. What do you all Think? 

I like the fringe idea. This would be a woven tapestry, with warp threads forming the fringe, I think. But the white seems a bit stark against the deeper colors and the threads seem a bit out-of-scale thick for a warp. What about a more cream-to-ecru fringe of thinner strands?

1 minute ago, KathieB said:

I like the fringe idea. This would be a woven tapestry, with warp threads forming the fringe, I think. But the white seems a bit stark against the deeper colors and the threads seem a bit out-of-scale thick for a warp. What about a more cream-to-ecru fringe of thinner strands?

Thank you, you put the words to My feelings I Think 

Knotted the fringe and it is Now ready for the chain for the hanger. 

Sincemy Mother has been summer cleaning She sorted her DMC floss stash and I got a Box of if coming home with me, and it is an Amazing treasure trove!!! Not sure what to do with it all, but considering dividing them into basic colours hugs, ie, green, blue, pink etc. Would be Happy to share them too! large.IMG_1539.JPG.949fd08868dd21ef3a8ce

• Like 1

Anna, I never resist yarn, crochet thread or flosses (well, lately holding off on the first two because there's so much!).  I took a box of ziplock baggies and sorted mine; I actually have separate bags for reds, yellows and oranges, there were so many!

• Like 1

What am I working on, that is the question. The answer is nothing.. I am now able to sit in a recliner after my surgery 2 weeks ago  the first week I couldn't sit at all, now I can sit in it with difficulty  for a while so things are improving but still can't sit in my workroom chair at all. I am itching to get to work on my big English house. It is on it's back on the table and I have the ceiling paper and paste ready but I simply cannot stand and hold up my arms to do it,I am so very tired It is very high too so I am thinking of having it moved to living room coffee table. I have been getting a bit sad. no that is wrong,,a lot sad is more truthful as I thought I would be all healed and on the go by now but I am not bouncing back or healing fast enough..nuff of that.

Anyway not all is lost. I have just started  knitting my some  Prayer shawls. I had one on the go prior to surgery and finished that one, did another one and am on the third..Minis had taken me off my shawl making so the Prayer Shawl group at church will be pleased.

I am seriously thinking about starting a Petite Properties house on a tray so  I get the mini fix. but I will wait a little wiles longer. I don't do illness very well.

Bored, cheesed off and not very jolly right now

Jeannine, recovering is at Times a sloooow process, a tray with minis is a good medicine though :) so Hoping you Will be able to find something  to keep your Fingers and mind Happy with. The prayer shawls Sounds interesting, I need to Google to get an. Idea for them. 

This morning is the first for a few days I woke up without Any fever so that is a good thing to and I just had to do something too, so when hubby Left for work I sat  on the floor for a while sorting the DMC floss, sheer bliss! 

large.IMG_1564.JPG.040e54ddd74d906e80d2a

Jeannine, one of the sad truths I have discovered over the years is that the older we get, the longer it takes our bodies to mend as these old cells don't repair themselves as quickly as younger ones do.

Jeannine, I hope as the next few days go by you start feeling better. And I can’t be the only one thinking this..what about miniature prayer shawls? Or miniature knitting of any item that you will be able to use in your houses. I bought the cutest mini knitted Christmas tea cozy, it was the inspiration for starting on my Christmas bakery. 

I read but haven't posted because both of my thumbs hurt so badly I can't type.   I do a tiny bit on my bungalow when I can and then have to rest the hands.
I am determined though.   It just gives me more time to plan.   The bad thing is  I made a mess of the upstairs floors so I had to rip it all out and redo it.
Its a challenge for sure but I do like the little bungalow.  There's no deadline so I just keep at  it.  

7 minutes ago, Roxxie2 said:

I read but haven't posted because both of my thumbs hurt so badly I can't type.   I do a tiny bit on my bungalow when I can and then have to rest the hands.
I am determined though.   It just gives me more time to plan.   The bad thing is  I made a mess of the upstairs floors so I had to rip it all out and redo it.
Its a challenge for sure but I do like the little bungalow.  There's no deadline so I just keep at  it.  

What have you done to your thumbs?

Don't know....probably over use, old age and some other issues.  lol   I have to see my doctor and find out exactly what is going on.  So much pain...
I can deal with it but it sure puts a crimp in my mini building.  lol
Thanks for asking.   I see my doc the end of June coming up.  

Hugs

Update. I am getting better each day..thanks for the good wishes but nuff of ouchies. I have unlimited patience with some things but not them!!

Karin,I have thought about making a miniature prayer shawl but it would take as much time exactly as a full-size one so right now the church can benefit

Anna there are a few nice books around re prayer shawls but be careful one is a reprint on another with a couple added. I bought both and felt ticked off. I can send you book names if you wish. There are many types for all levels of knitting, I have made more than 120 but I still prefer to make the christening shawls in 1 ply wool for babies.

• Like 1

Feel better, Jeannine!

Rachel...blue fur? We'll need to see pictures, please.

I'm in and out here, and working on multiple projects, AND having all sorts of full sized life issues. I have most of the wall templates done for the Yellow house but haven't installed anything yet. And I'm stuck on the kitchen.   

Starting to think about cutting wallpaper now so I am getting close to start mini ing..is that a word.?

I was hoping   the ceiling wallpaper  would be at least the  same width as the ceilings but isn't  quite. It will be touch and go. The crown molding will cover but only by a fraction of an inch so I have to be dead on with lining it up The ceiling paper is a little  short of 12 inches and the ceiling width is  tad more than 12 1/2. I can't use the paper the other way either as the rooms are 17 inches deep so I need the longer length to cover in one piece.. So I have some  uncovered at  either side. I am debating whether I can somehow get this house to sit upside down rather than on it's back so that  it would be like papering the floor which would be much less stretch for me. The roof top is flat but narrower than the rest of the house and it is MDF so very heavy . Without the basement it is 4 feet tall. Might be a bit dangerous, and there are 12 rooms in this main part

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thimble Hall said:

I am debating whether I can somehow get this house to sit upside down rather than on its back

If you can get help upending the house, you can probably shore it up on either side with pillows to prevent it tipping. With the narrow tolerances you have to work with, I think it would be worth a try.

I flip dollhouses to paint the ceiling, never mind papering it!  It is so much easier to work on it upside-down.  If it were me, I would think that a cardboard template might help.  I'd cut it to the size of the paper, then use the template to find the exact position required.  I'd then lightly pencil on the ceiling around the template, so there is no guesswork when placing the paper.    Best of luck with this!

• Like 1