What's everyone working on?

4 hours ago, KathieB said:

As for the other kits, close the closet door. :D 

LOL  I tried that but the darned door won't stay closed!    I have so many projects planned I will run out of time before I get them all done!    I've also run out of space!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roxxie2 said:

LOL  I tried that but the darned door won't stay closed!    I have so many projects planned I will run out of time before I get them all done!    I've also run out of space!

The lament of miniaturists the world over. *sigh* Can someone here set  Roxy's words to music?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

have been on a kit buying BINGE for at least 6 months. I used to whine that I could never find an inexpensive kit, then they just started flooding in and I've bought every last one. Yikes.  

I hear you Linda!   ha!   That's why my closet is full!   I looked in there yesterday and was surprised how many kits I have stashed in there waiting.  sigh....

So many kits, so little time!   

• Like 1

I rediscovered one of My "trial" pet bed/sofa a while ago, then I found this darling sleeping dog too and he fits purr-fectly in it too, so Now I Think I need to do another one in a different fabric as this one is covers with Scotty dogs...

large.IMG_1672.JPG.3409f0b9bd00cd5ef0ab7large.IMG_1673.JPG.2fb2d57f6f4de77d7b235

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Anna said:

I rediscovered one of My "trial" pet bed/sofa a while ago, en i found this darling lsleepi g dog too and he fits purr-fectly in it too

Aw!  He does fit perfectly, and he's adorable!

1 hour ago, Debsrand56 said:

Aw!  He does fit perfectly, and he's adorable!

Thank you and he is soooo comfy and relaxed that one can almost hear how he snoars too :) 

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I betcha your sleeping lab puppy doesn't care that his bed is covered in Scottie dogs.

Think you are on to something there Holly, he is "still" snoozing.... 

36 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

You know, if he wakes up you could be in trouble...

If he wakes up, I'm going to have to revisit my world view of inanimate objects imbued with magical powers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

If he wakes up, I'm going to have to revisit my world view of inanimate objects imbued with magical powers. 

This is more alarming in the video version, but....yeah it happens ;)

27345A71-6709-4019-AC1F-E2EB157792BB.jpeg

F8043290-A936-49FE-8586-FE10F6F4D279.jpeg

• Like 6

I have a rare day completely free, so I went down to Rose's Dollhouses in Milwaukee. Did some damage, had so much fun. That place is an experience! It's also just so much better to see things in 3-D instead of trying to order online. If anyone's in the area, I can highly recommend a trip. If there's something mini-related you're looking for, they probably have it. I had many moments of seeing things I'd only seen in online pictures up close and for real, and it was delightful. 

If nothing else, it's worth the trip (and the stairs!) just to see all the completed dollhouses. After seeing the size of some houses and thinking about what I already have, I may be leaning toward 1/2" scale at some point in the future. Right now I'm going to unpack my goodies and decide what I want to play with first!

• Like 2

The attic of the Heritage might just be ready for primer!! I patched some gaping holes, reglued most of where floor meets wall, caulked some gaps and sanded. Will probably start working on the second floor later tonight. Interior walls are going to get paint or wallpaper templates, but I'm going to give the whole thing a coat of flat white first. Partially because it needs some sort of primer, and partially because I just can't stand looking at all of the mess. As awful as the attic was, I think it was the easiest room to repair. I have a lot of work ahead of me!

Karin, the doll is very cool! Your painting is wonderful!

Still plugging away at the Heritage, and making remarkably good progress. Today I did more structural repairs and reinforcements, added some strip wood to the exterior, and got the rest of the old window plastic cut out. Really, I think I could replace the plastic by just adding another layer of strip wood to the frames, but I think I'll just leave it out all together. The house wants to be kind of shabby, so I don't think I'll mind it without glass. I've been chipping away at interior walls, but finally had to take a break. It's hot, I'm tired, and my muscles are getting sore, but really happy with how it's going so far. 

Still trying to fix the houses that were on stilts.  Got the log cabin done.  Decided to rethink the pilons on the beach house.  I reattached the original ones and not a single one is right.  Made a platform/base for the beach house to set on.  Attached the pilons to a 1/4" sheet of wood that the house will set on.  Once I get it painted, I will take the old ones off the house and set it on the platform. 

It's taking me longer than normal, too many real world projects to get done for the new house.  Sanded and repainted 2 antique wrought iron patio chairs, sanded 2 vintage icecream parlor chairs, have one painted, the other is getting there in between thunderstorms.  Glass top wrought iron table done.  Nasty carpet removal from patio.  Never ending projects

• Like 1

I know how that can be! When we moved in to our current fixer upper it was a year before I could think about my dollhouses again. 

I’m waiting impatiently for a package that was sent priority mail (2 day) over 3 days ago. Originated in CA destination Utah, just tracked it and it’s been traveling all around Wisconsin for some bizarre reason. Ugh.  And I’ve already been waiting 6 weeks just to have it shipped after I ordered it. 

Karina and Lawanda I had to laugh as I have redone our house for 5 years . Finally finished a year ago and was bummed I didn't have anything left to decorate . I had a bright idea to build a dollhouse so I could decorate it. Now I'm finishing number 5 can't wait to start number 6 ,have 4 in boxes, and 2 lanterns to do in steampunk.

WOW this is an obsession.:crazyeyes: 

• Like 4

I just finished an Arthur, and I'm almost done decorating the interior so I can take pics/video. Stuck on a few little decorating ideas, I have an empty space on a wall that I just can't seem to find something that makes me happy enough to hang.

In the meantime I've been making little things for a Brookwood that's going to be a beach house. I just made a terrarium out of one of those wide mouth glass jars - layered sand, then dirt, then moss, then a tiny green leafy plant. Its so adorable. I also used some glass jars with cork lids and layered sand and then teeny tiny shells (that I collected myself on the beach) for some decorative sit-abouts in the house. Painted a few beach scenes on mini canvas too - saw them on eBay and decided to just DIY instead. I can get carried away on eBay really really quick LOL so I try not to indulge unless I really have to have something. I'm sure some of ya'll can relate.

• Like 1