What's everyone working on?

On 10/10/2018, 1:26:32, rodentraiser said:

Well, they cut all right. Cut the faucet and sent (presumably) both pieces flying somewhere across my room. That was this afternoon and tonight I'm still looking for them.

If you have any of my luck, you will find it after you have given up and ordered a new faucet.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Roxxie2 said:

Ohhh what's this cool toy?   What is the green material you are using?   Does it have different kinds of pen points to make different effects?   This looks way too interesting for me not to find out!!! 
Looked it up an Amazon.  Not sure what I would use it for but it might have possibilities! 

There are a number of You Tube videos demonstrating how they work and comparing the different pens. I bought the 3 Doodler Create because it was affordable and lightweight. It will accept 2 different types of plastic that melt at different temperatures, but I think there are 3 main types of plastic that are used in different 3D pens. The downside of this pen is you have to use their brand of plastic, while other pens will accept more than one brand so you can buy it in big spools that last forever. Some brands have more tips and other accessories.

• Like 2

Ive watched the Angie Scarr video about the 3D pens, looks interesting. 

Ive been (trying) to costume a groom, it’s going ok but men are more difficult to dress because you can’t hide things under ruffles and lace like you can on the ladies :) The only men I’ve finished so far are Santa’s, so this is really different. 

Also finished the 6th session of a large china paint batch (some beautiful new ladies)  and started the next batch today. I usually work with about 10 dolls at one time. Trying to get the last of the elves and Santas painted in time to costume them before Christmas. 

I want to get some witchy projects done, but wow Halloween is really sneaking up on us.  I have three elderly witches and I’m determined to have a coven ready for casting spells by Halloween. Wish I hadn’t sold my Halloween house to my sister, now I don’t have a setting for them. I do have a little rustic cottage that might work tho with a little sprucing up :) 

• Like 1

I've started working on my Country Store.  I have mainly been staining trims.  I don't usually use stain because the fumes give me a headache but I wanted that nice country look.  It got warm enough to open the doors and work out in the garage so I don't have the fumes inside.  I am glad I finally started a project my work area was way too clean!!

• Like 1

I’m enjoying reading what other people are working on and I’ve been exploring all the galleries. I went into obsess mode this weekend and had to make myself stop. My Orchid is turning into a little beach cottage and I’m having so much fun. I got to dry fit, prime, paint, and wallpaper some interior and I’m working on a tile bathroom floor. Guess what my next house will definitely not have?...Eaves or dormers!!! Much glueing consternation with those bad boys.

• Like 1

I am spackling walls on my Orchid, and finished the egg carton stone floor in the attached photo, but I thought you’d like to see my mini-project from this weekend. Not my idea; it was recently published in a dollhouse magazine.

EF425A66-C9C8-4EA7-89A0-44C81E328C3E.jpeg

8 hours ago, Lita said:

I am spackling walls on my Orchid, and finished the egg carton stone floor in the attached photo, but I thought you’d like to see my mini-project from this weekend. Not my idea; it was recently published in a dollhouse magazine.

EF425A66-C9C8-4EA7-89A0-44C81E328C3E.jpeg

Your egg carton floor looks awesome!!! I like the depth of color and texture.

• Like 1

We have bought another house, in real life that is.

The next 5 months my stuff is going to be in boxes...
There will be no time or place for my smal house until then, I hope I can fight the addiction.

When we have moved our stuff to the new home there will be a room for my hobby and that's a improvement!

• Like 1