What's everyone working on?

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018‎ ‎7‎:‎07‎:‎09‎, Sable said:

The only option to post  a comment is to log into a Google account. I have the same problem with Robin Carey’s blog, too. See below:

I see.  I hope to figure out how to post on the forum again.  lol  
I received my Canterbury kit today and the kit box is totally sealed in perfect shape!   I am so pleased.  I hope that the wood inside is also good.  I want to open up the box but you know I can't just open the dang box!   I will have to start on it immediately if I do that!  

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018‎ ‎4‎:‎18‎:‎10‎, havanaholly said:

Those cakes were making me drool!

LOL  Holly!  And they are a lot less calories than the real ones!  I love making miniature pasties.  I might have to make an entire mini bakery one of these days!

Doing a Happy, Happy, Happy dance today as I have finally found the right Chandelier (after three other ones that just didn't suit the scene) 

sorry about the poor quality of the picture, it is allready Dark outside over here, but I had to share the first "trial to see if it Will fit" Thank to Tracy i finally found it too,large.IMG_2196.JPG.438a31a18d4640cbe1d4d

• Like 1

I finally got the structure of the second floor room of my 1700 Pennsylvania stone farmhouse finished. Still need to add door and window latches, but that can wait till I'm ready to get to the furnishings. I need to make the roof and work on the exterior next. I have this feeling that the house belongs to a woman in her 60's around 1835-40. She grew up in this house that her great grandfather built. She and her husband prospered, but he's gone now, so she decided to let one of her sons and his family live in her old house. She was able to afford to have this old stone house fixed up so she can live in comfort without a gaggle of sons, daughters, in laws and grandkids disrupting her peace and quiet.

IMG_2820.JPG

IMG_2821.JPG

• Like 3

I couldn't stand it any longer.  I opened the Canterbury box yesterday and it looks to be in perfect condition.  Does anyone know when The Canterbury house was actually produced?  The wood looks pretty dry but no damage that I can see.  I can't wait to get started after Christmas.  Then again maybe today...lol

• Like 2

My heart is bursting with joy. My daughter finished her semester exams and decided she wanted to do a Christmas scene. Of course her Mother has a stash of minis. I am so happy that there is a possibility we will share this hobby in the future. Best Christmas gift ever!

5c12d152b681a_Josiemini.jpg.7eacbd523678

• Like 10

I opened the box but decided to put it away until after Christmas.  Its just too crazy now and it will keep me occupied through the long winter months.
I did pick out a color scheme and started to make my wallpaper on my computer.  I think that is just as much fun for me as the build.   
Have a wonderful holiday and Merry Christmas to all who believe!  ho ho ho

• Like 1

We are in the process of digging out my husband’s 60 year old HO train set. Most of the buildings are unglued and in fixable sections. I just asked him if I can repair them but repaint with a Christmas Village theme. He said, “Why not?”  

• Like 2

Carrie, you must be so proud! :) 

4 hours ago, Sable said:

We are in the process of digging out my husband’s 60 year old HO train set. Most of the buildings are unglued and in fixable sections. I just asked him if I can repair them but repaint with a Christmas Village theme. He said, “Why not?”  

That sounds like a yes to me! :D Can't wait to see some pics... I love model train villages.. I would love to make one of those huge landscape boards with a train running through towns and woodland/farmland, mountain tunnels etc.. alas, no room. 

Looking forward to your build too Roxxie.. It's smart to use your free time before Christmas to knock out some of the prep work. :) 

@grazhina Oh- your Pennsylvania stone house is looking good!  Love the backstory! Def beginning to "get the vibe" for this house!  :D

HO train set villages, Christmas room boxes and new projects....sounds like everyone is having a great December!  All projects have halted for me...just doing some sketches and "wish lists" for the Pepperwood and Jarrell Manor until after the holidays.  Enjoying my little Christmas room box for now and hoping to get into the Newport rehab full swing come January.  I even used the pic of the room box for my Christmas cards this year!  :)

• Like 1

So I was struggling with not be able to work on minis after my incident(I was using a push stick btw, I’m not that reckless), so I went off on a side tangent and started working on a kitchen bar stool for the island.  Thought I would work on something that did not include big saws...still a bit gun shy but I’ll get there.   Hope to have pics by the weekend. 

On 12/13/2018, 9:50:13, Sable said:

A few days ago this was just a pile of unpainted grey plastic parts. It still needs some touch up but I’m really happy with it. The trees are also 60 years old so I sprayed some primer in them for a flocking affect. 

F54918FA-3FBC-49B5-843D-2A1D5C56F6EB.jpeg

BDE0612D-35EE-4643-8104-E3F6C21F2029.jpeg

• Like 2