What's everyone working on?

Good Luck Sable! I'm sure it will do really well.  Ive donated two houses so far and the "naked one" faired much better then the filled one.  I think it's just like buying a new home you don't want someone else's choices lol.  Thank you for your generosity!

5 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

Good Luck Sable! I'm sure it will do really well.  Ive donated two houses so far and the "naked one" faired much better then the filled one.  I think it's just like buying a new home you don't want someone else's choices lol.  Thank you for your generosity!

Thank you, I’ve decided to go with the “naked one”. I’m not happy with the quality of my kitchen cabinets, they require too much setup and I won’t be doing the setup since I have to deliver the house a few days ahead of the auction to an offsite location. Thanks again,  I really appreciate your experience with auctions. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2019, 9:09:53, Sable said:

Thank you, I’ve decided to go with the “naked one”. I’m not happy with the quality of my kitchen cabinets, they require too much setup and I won’t be doing the setup since I have to deliver the house a few days ahead of the auction to an offsite location. Thanks again,  I really appreciate your experience with auctions. 

Please let us know how it did!

I know Ive not been around much lately but I just had to come and tell you guys...I FOUND THE MECCA OF SUPPLY SHOPS!!! I have mini builder nerd tears in my eyes. I have been searching and searching for a supply shop since we got here. I finally made it to the last shop on my list, Tuetin and Koch, and OMG they have it all!!! Metal sheeting, acrylic sheets, pva sheets, cardstock, cardboard, plywood, wood dowels, plastic dowels, balsa and bass wood sheets, WOOD.VENEER.SHEETS, even corrugated cardboard. I was speechless. Every glue you could think of. Cutting tools galore. Paints out the wazoo. It’s even more than I had access to in the US. My heart is complete!!

• Like 4

On 25/03/2011, 13:46:12, Minis On The Edge said:

I just wanted to open a new topic for this one since the other topic is 259 pages long :hug: It has been a Hot Topic since 2007 So I am closing that one and opening it here.This is the link to the last page of the old topic for this:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...907&st=5160

Thanks Teresa (THmini2) for such a Great topic!!

Please post what you are working on right now. Right now, I am working on a half inch scale Buttercup cottage. I am adding lights to this one. hope to be finished with it next week :p

So what are you working on?

I'm new to anything like this, I have never built or even thought of building a dolls house, but here I am building one for my fiancee, I decided to go organic and not use plans just a simple idea in my head a glue gun and a junior hacksaw, so far so good!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spexman said:

I'm new to anything like this, I have never built or even thought of building a dolls house, but here I am building one for my fiancee, I decided to go organic and not use plans just a simple idea in my head a glue gun and a junior hacksaw, so far so good!

Hi @Spexman So great that you are doing this for your fiancé. You are a keeper for sure.... a word of caution, hot glue is not your friend for the important construction parts. The house will fall apart eventually. Use wood glue for your structural parts, the glue gun will be handy for trims and roof shingles.

Hi, Scott.  It's OK to post an introduction in the Newcomers' Forum.  Several of our male forum members build dollhouses from scratch, so you're in good company.  I assume you'll be making all the furniture and accessories, as well; check out some of Keith's great ideas.

• Like 1

Still working on my builders foam stone colonial - now and then. Shingling the roof goes along so slowly, it's a gambrel roof and I've got just the bottom front section done. I guess I'll cut ot the little panels for the dormer's ceiling and roof tomorrow. I'd like to get the outside finished and done with. When I stop for a week or two I find it hard to get restarted, even though there's not much left to do. 

I stopped Brimble's when I started shingling, too; mostly because of the weather and other RL factors.  Now I'm fighting a cold I don't know where I caught, so hopefully I can get back to finish it up, shingling and store fixtures, and start one of the others.

• 2 weeks later...

I have gad some fun this week tweaking the "to-chairs" in the Steampunk house, ie starting with very plain kidney shaped vanity/foot stool that I first Painted in an antique Gold shade, added crackling medium and then flat black paint to get the effect I wanted. i also rediscovered a piece of fabric that takes up just the crackled pattern perfectly so when the whole thing is dry I Will add the paddel cuahions for the seat as well. Then to decide on whther the tables Will be "bare" or if I Will add a cloth, we'll see...large.IMG_2386.JPG.f98082eefc1e05e7e1fe5

13 minutes ago, KathieB said:

The chairs are nifty, Anna, and the fabric will be perfect for cushions. With that tubing under the seat, I'd be a bit reluctant to sit in them. :roflmao: 

• LOL, seat warmers ???? :bouncesmile: Pre-car style ehh?!? Hehe, just had to add something to them, just beacause large.IMG_2387.JPG.4a896d85b24f38f4a1f08

The cushion is the perfect touch. And a warmed cushion makes the chair inviting. I love the little lanterns. You are so good at matching up odd bits to make a lovely item. :clap: 

I finally got my French Country bathroom wallpapered, and cut the flooring to size. I still need to glue the flooring cardstock to posterboard, as out of necessity it is 2 pieces. I don't want to glue it permanently down in case I need to access the wiring. 

Still working out the furniture layout in the bathroom and once the paper is dry I will cut out the window. Will also want to install lights. 

I also purchased a furniture kit and glued that today. I'm planning on upholstered inserts on the head and foot, and some sort of french finish. This bed is probably going to be used in my Chateau and I've not decided on wallpaper or color yet so I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit! You will also see some other furniture I was playing with, painting with chalk paint. Still a work in progress, and more that I'm playing with it, getting a sense of using chalk paint. 

large.5c69e52ee4130_20190217_160716-Edit

large.5c69e77696de5_20190217_161157-Edit

• Like 2

So, been fiddling with the crackle medium and the tables, might still end upp adding a cloth covering the whole thing, Will see when all things come together in the room itself. It also depends on if I find a suitable colour/fabric.

large.IMG_2391.JPG.36fbc9ce8cc1e85653384large.IMG_2390.JPG.ea942d2468b86e0557ab2

I have been busy working on minis, but have been too lazy to sign in to GL to comment on all the awesome work shown.  Pretty much finished the McKinley.  Currently working on rehabbing and modifying the Arrow 10 Room Wood Dream Doll House that I bought at neighborhood yard sale in 2015.  It is a good project to be working on at this time.  I already have dedicated shelf space for it and it came with furniture.

A special thank you to those who post hints and tutorials.  They are all so very much appreciated and often timely.  Right now I am pin hinging doors in my rehab after seeing Sable's helpful tutorial to pin hinge doors for someone else's rehab project.  

• Like 1

Doing a Happy dance over here this last day of February, sunny sky and a bit chill in the air yet with a spring feel to that as I had a parcel awaiting me in the mailbox. The Egyptian priest that Alice Zinn has sculpted has arrived and Will suit the Egyptian room in "Her Highness", ie the Gloucester. He has sooo much personality and charisma in his serene manner.

happy, Happy, Happy :) 

• Like 2