What's everyone working on?

16 minutes ago, Shy Spirit said:

That's great, Anna!  Please post a pic, if you can!  I would love to see him.  Happy for you!

He Will suit all the lovley items you hot me started with for this museum room part of Her Highness

Does anyone else have this problem I keep having with inserting the small grommets in the tape wire, they wedge themselves on the pilot punch and will not go into the hole?  I ordered from Cir-Kit their awl to see if that will help the issue.  It is driving me nuts :crazyeyes: trying to wire the Vineyard.  I keep watching you tube videos on wiring to see if I am doing something wrong.

18 minutes ago, madtex1967 said:

Does anyone else have this problem I keep having with inserting the small grommets in the tape wire, they wedge themselves on the pilot punch and will not go into the hole?  I ordered from Cir-Kit their awl to see if that will help the issue.  It is driving me nuts :crazyeyes: trying to wire the Vineyard.  I keep watching you tube videos on wiring to see if I am doing something wrong.

Try Shoving the punch into a dry bar of soap. That might help.  I have a punch which has a grommet permanently stuck. Now I use a BamBam.

6 minutes ago, NellBell said:

Anna 

Happy dance for you :cucumber: I love dolls that complete the scene. 

You and me both!  Oh and Speaking of completing scenes, I got a shipment of paper flowers in the mail today. Rosens in different shades of orange , from light to Dark, two-Tones and rosé buds etc. Suits your painting wonderfully!!! Another Happy dance for that too, yay 

I've been "dressing" a bed in pink satin this week. My first attempt at miniature pillows and bedding. . . I've just been winging it as I go. The pink fabric is special to me, as it was a scrap of fabric from the bridesmaid dresses from my husband's grandparent's wedding many, many decades ago!

mini_pillows.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IndyCindy said:

I've been "dressing" a bed in pink satin this week. My first attempt at miniature pillows and bedding. . . I've just been winging it as I go. The pink fabric is special to me, as it was a scrap of fabric from the bridesmaid dresses from my husband's grandparent's wedding many, many decades ago!

Wow, that's some nice winging! What a special way to memorialize the grandparents' wedding. :) 

1 hour ago, Debsrand56 said:

That's exquisite!  How are you doing the quilting?

Thank you! I've been doing it with the smallest stitch on my sewing machine. I drew the lines on the quilt with an air erase marker (the ink just evaporates away, or you can speed it along with water) and followed my lines. For the pillows, I just used the presser foot width as a guide to make the grid. This was done prior to sewing and stuffing the pillows. I used the thinnest Pellon interfacing foam I could buy for the batting. I knew this wouldn't drape, but I was able to pin the underside of the bedspread to the sides of the mattress to get it to lay right. 

• Like 1

What a wonderful set of bedsing you have Cynthia. especially lovley using fabric with such memories attached as well. Looking forward to seeing where you Will be using it too! 

The Egyptian priest is indeed Fabulous and I am so Happy to have him here as well. Been pouring over Alice's work for many years. (http://www.picturetrail.com/AliceZinn )

So, just put inga away after a mini-iing weekend including making flowers, this time Sunflower S, all in all half a dozen of them are Now awaiting the middle parts as well as leaves. Like the look of them so far

• Like 1

I was busy experimenting with some weaving in 1/12th scale. I made this rag rug on an inexpensive child's beading loom. The basket was woven from card stock (that I stained prior to weaving) and has a balsa wood bottom. Oh, the possibilities! These will be for my future build - the RGT Lakeside Retreat. That's a lot of brown for one photo! 

rag_rug_basket.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I started working on the structure of my house to take a little break from the kitchen.  The perfectly cut and curved window that will reside above the entry to the kitchen fell out and shattered as it hit the cement floor in my garage.  Its no joke when I say I wanted to cry a little.   I know if I did once I can do it again but I nailed it on the first attempt and it just bums me out.  

16 minutes ago, Keifer said:

The perfectly cut and curved window that will reside above the entry to the kitchen fell out and shattered as it hit the cement floor in my garage.

Bummer! I feel your pain. 

• Like 1