What's everyone working on?

Bobie, that sounds like a delightful project - I love fixing up dollhouses that were previously loved, and giving them to children who might not have one otherwise.  I hope you enjoy building and decorating it, as much as the little girl will enjoy playing with it!

Joel, your bowl looks lovely.  I like the remnants of lettering inside!  Will you put your maker's mark on it somehow?  What are you planning next?

I am currently refurbishing, decorating and furnishing a dollhouse for a little friend of my granddaughter's.  

This is what makes the Greenleaf forums special - the talented members who contribute their knowledge, techniques and tips to the group at large.  I am interested in seeing more of what people like Joel and Ron do with the dapping tools.  I've never tried anything like this before (and maybe never will), so it will be very enlightening.  I love to learn as much as I can about all kinds of miniature-making, even when I may never attempt some of the techniques myself. 

Joel, I saw the "black smear" right after I posted - I think we were posting at the same time.  Did you make your own name stamp?

On my "To do" list is a "Borrower's" roombox.  Wouldn't it be appropriate to have some bowls/plates etc. made by the Borrower's from "borrowed" coins?  I shall have to think about this ... I do love receiving this kind of inspiration - thanks!

3 hours ago, Shy Spirit said:

On my "To do" list is a "Borrower's" roombox.  Wouldn't it be appropriate to have some bowls/plates etc. made by the Borrower's from "borrowed" coins?  I shall have to think about this ... I do love receiving this kind of inspiration - thanks!

Now that would be fun to make, a set of bowls and plates hammered out from loose change. I suppose if you are doing a authentic set then shillings would be best as a base. 

Yes, shillings, sixpences, all the old British coinage!  You could make a copper cooking pot from a big old Penny.  I live in Canada now, but my family may have some old coins somewhere ... otherwise, I'll be looking at mostly Canadian/American coins.  Borrowers can be modern, and live in other countries too ... 

Nice to have your own name stamp, Joel!  Do you have any photos of the miniature knives you made?