What's everyone working on?

Looking good Chris!

I finally got the MTC furniture all put together and stained. Finally got pictures taken but had problems loading them here. Put them in my albums, (link below) Will be adding some of the actual build later this week.

No and no.

The furniture are from a new 1:12 scale line from SDK. I ordered them from a gal in England not knowing they were really "local" and have had a lot a fun getting ribbed from family.

I used joint compound on the cottages as it was easier for me to use rather then what came with the kits. I am using PC on the MTC and used it on the Tudor Water Mill. I have used it on two other houses that were gifts to relatives. Unfortunately I didn't think to get pict.

I think I'm going to paper the rest of the first floor's ceiling before I put the rafters in the kitchen. It looks like some of the walls will come back down to get the floor to go in <sigh>

Last night I got tired of waiting...erm, inspired... yeah, inspired, and started working on the stuff to go into my Spring Fling. My idea hasn't waivered at all, so I chose papers and started working on accessories. Just the completion of my idea will be reward enough. :idea:

Brae, I know I've already told you, but LOVE your little bikes. :p

Love the lady's bike! I wonder if they make a 1:12 tandem?

Something along these lines?

post-90-1301431197.gif

Loooove those die cast bikes, used a few in the bike shop for DH and would love an excuse to get more to play around with LOL

Hugs

• Like 1

Something like that, except in our family I'm the stoker (rear seat) & DH is the captain, since I have no sense of balance whatsoever:

gallery_8_1986_60326.jpg

I used to find the diecast mini bikes at Kay-Bee Toys, but they are no more.

I glued up the ceiling paper for Maggie's diningroom, foyer and parlor this AM, and cut the kitchen ceiliing beams to glue up tomorrow, and then start working on second floor treatments. I will try to find where I put the new package of disposable cameras and start pictures.

• Like 1

Great pic Holly!

I've been working at a frantic pace to get the houses ready for the show. The B&B has the handrail installed, the final details in the attic windows are going in and I'm installing adapters to the last 3 lights to go in the house. There's still about 3 dozen items to finish on the house before I can say its finished, but its all small detail stuff, so I'm still hopefull. Otherwise I'll be working on the house up to the start of the preview show on Friday.

The Tudor's kitchen is 1/2 installed and I temporarily spliced the circuit for the back lit cabinets (pic going in the gallery soon). The amount of light from just 6 tiny diodes is amazing. I hope to have the kitchen's ceiling finished by next Wednesday, but I don't think it will happen.

OMG Holly, I LOVE that pic of you two! You should shrink it down, frame it, and put it in one of your dollhouses for a family photo! You look like you're having sooo much fun. I wish I could ride with you!

Jeff, good luck at the show. I got everything crossed for ya, that all turns out well!

As for me...Tonite I did something different. I gold plated some furniture.

LOL well, I didn't exactly gold plate it...but a few days ago I recieved two pieces of furniture, a setee and an armchair that I'd ordered from HBS..and they were upholstered in white damask.

I didn't really want the white damask, but decided I'd reupholster the fabric after I got the furniture. Since the Bellz sisters are very well to do, I wanted a really ritzy fabric, something shot with gold threads, perhaps...I want their parlor to look 'swanky'...and because they're witches, a little extreme.. So, I took a trip to JoAnn's..to see if I could find such a fabric. Nope, nothing available that I could find, without having to order a whole yard of VERY expensive upholstery fabric..and on my way out the door, I noticed that the store carried some paints for decorating fabrics, and the paints were in pen form.

Something clicked in my head..and I remembered that I had a Krylon 18 carat gold pen in my supply drawer at home.

So I thought...why not? The worse that could happen would be that I didn't like the painted fabric, because it would look hard and visibly painted..and I'd have to remove the upholstered parts and redo them, which I was planning to do anyway. So I dood it! I carefully masked off the wooden parts of the chair and settee, with painters tape..and I painted the fabric with the pen.

Wow. I mean...WOW. This couldn't have turned out better, if I had tried. I had wished to find some gold fabric..but hadn't found any gold damask at JoAnn's..but this turned out PERFECT! It's like having two totally different pieces of furniture! WOOT! I saved myself a lot of time and finger puncturing, and got exactly the coverings I wanted. And they're NOT stiff and 'painty looking'. The fabric just looks like ritzy gold damask fabric.

So here's the result ..and I am just tickled to death with it! I even used my pen to highlight some raised areas on my fireplace mantel, with gold, too!

post-5739-1301472041_thumb.jpg

So for me, this has been a good day, heehee! Tomorrow I'll finish the floor of the dining salon, and then put my feet up and relax. We're going to have a warm day tomorrow, almost 40 degrees, YIPPEE!..but it's going to get cold again over the weekend, grrrr. And right now it's only 25 degrees soo I'm cold . COME ON SPRING, WHERE THE HECK ARE YA?

J

• Like 2

Thanks, all; that was the last Georgia Tandem Rally we attended; they now fill up within a few hours of registration being announced and we, as I've mentioned, are on dialup, so we haven't been able to go these past three years; so we do the Panhandle Trace Hike, instead.

Jeanne, your furniture turned out AWESOME! :idea:

Y'all.. I'm so close to going with battery operated lighting..

Somehow I shorted something out, but not sure what it was. I even tried a "test" run on some wood pieces I had, and I couldn't get it to work. Everything was working fine until I laid the third run of tapewire to the second floor. I used the little tester and it sparked, this after I found that the last two sections weren't working.

I was so frustrated because it was going well, my Tiffany lamp was so cute lit up, and then nothing :idea:

And yes, I bawled.. more out of frustration because it was working and then it wasn't and I don't know what it was that I did or what happened to cause the failure..

I looked everywhere for this thread during lunch, but couldn't find it. Thought I lost what was left of my marbles. Now I am home, past dinner, and here it is.

The tube for my Wizard Tower is cut, boss man did a nice job. I found out that when cut in half, the Greenleaf tiles become a little more flexible and will follow the curve of my tube tower. Whether they will stay stuck remains to be seen. I am putting a few on to see what happens, additional glue and clamps may be in order.

I've been working all night on B&B's window trim and other details. I still don't have the juction splice and transformer for the fireplace circuit and the last light adapter needed to finish it before the show next week. I tried looking for mini shops on Google maps, but NONE of the shops listed actually appear when I checked the street view. The "mini shop" in Nashville turned out to be a "gentleman's club"!!! Are some of the staff at Google on parole? As much as I like shopping at Ron's, I don't want to spend 4+ hours driving, but I may not have any choice.

Are there any mini shops left between Hunstville, AL and Indianapolis?

Tracy-

Tina's mother (from Tina's Dollhouses in Starke, FL) who's in her 80's told me about getting calls from guys asking if they had redheads, blondes, etc. from time to time. :wub:

Brae,

I can't wait to see you and the other members of our GL family at the show. My only lament is I don't have anyone to work 2nd chair (my wife will be with the kids the whole time) so I won't get a chance to look around (or get lunch).

Blasted kids! I totally would have gone with you, Jeremy. Have you checked the local Hobby Lobby's for the junction splice stuff? I know they carry them. There is one in Ocala, one in Jacksonville and one in St. Augustine.

I am still working on mini-accessories for my Fling build whilst waiting for the package to arrive. And laundry. Stupid never ending chore. :wub:

I have finished the laundry, did a house clean, laid in groceries, paid the bills and sent them out and did some personal shopping. And I still have a few dollars left over!!! The family is all set and now all I have to do is pack this afternoon. I leave for Chicago tomorrow at 1 pm. Sooooo excited!! First class up is Rik's. Still have to make arrangements to have the building shipped home but will have to wait until I get there!!!!!