What's everyone working on?

My EZ cutter is actually Micro Mark's Miter Master. When I have to cut tongue blade size craft sticks I really have to bear down, and sometimes flip the stick over to cut all the way through it, since I no longer possess the strength in my hands I once had.

Holly I got my husband to try it and he didnt have any trouble so it is the difference in our strength levels. Im a cancer survivor and due to the side effect of chemotherapy i have neuropathy so im like you..not as much strength as I once had. Oh well, not complaining, very blessed.

I almost ordered the one you have because it looked a little heavier duty to me, but I wanted instant gratification:-))) and picked one up at HL.

• Like 2

I agree, my hands do not have the strength to cut through many pieces. I still haven't gotten new blades for the large EZ Cutter. Hobby Lobby only had the small cutter and no blades. I will have to order it online. If I can't cut it with an XXacto blade or EZ Cutter it doesn't get cut!

• Like 1

Was using my new cut-off saw the other day and had a little teeny pile of sawdust next to it. My husband came in the shop and saw it and laughed and said. "That's almost cute!" I even have miniature piles of sawdust..... :D

Aren't those saws the cutest things ever? I'm looking into a mini scroll saw now - although I'm afraid I will buy a big one - they are just so much cheaper....

• Like 1

What am I working on? Mindless shingling! I'm going stir crazy. The little tv I have in the garage to keep me company is on an antenna. There are only a few mindless tv shows available on it. I can't wait to finish shingling this house. Still have to look forward to the roof which is maybe a week away. Yuck.

• Like 1

I have been away with the man on the big rig...I took stuff to work on but it wasnt practical...so I ended up reading...but today

as I make plans to head to one of my BFF's daughters wedding on May I am going to recreate the staircase from Beauty and the Beast...did I mention that is the theme for the wedding?

Im not quite sure if I can get all that I see in my head to translate...I have everything to make a glass covered rose to set on the stairs...

the gargoyles will give me issue but I have a couple of months....going to be bending lots of wire for the stairs....

going to start with the photo I have as my starting point and layer to give depth and dimension...I have never attempted such a thing but I have been googling all day and I found the castle Library done by someone and it all started clicking.. going to do a mock up with cereal boxes as my material to use for pattern for foamcore should I do it that way...wont know till I get off this lappy and start gathering my supplies...going to print a few copies of the photo and play around with it all...

will use fabric from wedding material for curtains and the carpet down the stairs. momma mailing it to me asap. she also volunteered to make me a replica of the Wedding cake we will be making for the bride....I also have to make a french maids apron to wear while I serve the cake....my friend is making herself a Mrs Potts apron...cant wait!

• Like 1

Was using my new cut-off saw the other day and had a little teeny pile of sawdust next to it. My husband came in the shop and saw it and laughed and said. "That's almost cute!" I even have miniature piles of sawdust..... :D

Little piles of sawdust are adorable. When I was first experimenting with my Trio Bruce came in and asked what I was making. I looked down at the the table and answered, "Sawdust". LOL! Hey, not every venture leads to an end result; some are just about the process.

Sable, have you tried speed shingles? I fell in love with them the first time I had to do a large roof and it cut down on the time literally by *days*. I don't mind shingling but after a week anyone is ready to move on to something else. Speed shingles are the next best thing to sliced bread if you want to cut down on that time.

Lynette, your idea for the staircase is excellent! What a lovely, lovely gift for the bride and groom, especially when it echoes the theme of their wedding. That's a gift they'll treasure forever.

I started off this morning with a random thought of "Do I still have all that faux leather in my fabric stash?" and before my brain could tell my feet to wait, they had me out of bed and on the way to the sewing room to check. This greatly disturbed two cats who protested loudly that I was going the wrong way and they did their best to herd my feet back toward the stairs. When I found the pleather and did a little happy dance, the boys became totally convinced that my feet had lost my mind. I didn't make them wait any longer (like I had a choice) for breakfast so I set the pleather down reluctantly and headed off to start the day. However, my Muse is satisfied that there's enough of it to do what she wants to do and now that I have it out of the drawer and on the table, I won't forget. It will make a fine roof for the new steampunk house.

• Like 1

Do you ever have a problem with figuring out how something fits in your build and you just can't seem to get it? I was getting so frustrated because I was sure it was a simple solution but the words on the instructions really didn't make sense in my poor brain. Suddenly in the middle of the night I woke up and I just knew how it went together! Do you dream about your builds? I will work a problem until I get it! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leather roof for a steampunk house? Hmmmm...interesting :)

I know huh!! This house wants to go off in all kinds of directions like that and I think I'll let it. Rule #1 is "The house will be what the house will be". LOL! I've done fabric roofs for the Loganberry Mill kit before (faux clay tile from my landscape quilts collection) so that's probably what sent my mind wandering off into the sewing room for supplies. I have that textured pleather in three colors too so it will make for some interesting features for both the architecture and the display setting.

Will you be using solid pieces for the roof, or cutting them into shingles?

I'm still working out the design plan, but it won't have shingles. I'll probably cut patchwork pieces and "rivet" them in place, then age the whole thing. Kinda like this tin quarter scale roof, except in pleather and the rivets will be real brass instead of painted on.

gallery_329_4218_240760.jpg

• Like 1

I'm still working out the design plan, but it won't have shingles. I'll probably cut patchwork pieces and "rivet" them in place, then age the whole thing. Kinda like this tin quarter scale roof, except in pleather and the rivets will be real brass instead of painted on.

:drool: sound delicious!

Hugs

Oh, cool!

Today I changed out my double front door arrangements from winter to valentine wreaths that I love. It might be a little early but it made me happy. In my neck of the woods we will have buttercups (daffadils) in the middle of February.

I finished sizing and cutting kraft sticks, lots and lots of kraft sticks, then I primed and painted all of them. I hope my picture loads here. I created my first Album!

I had initially planned on wiring this little house, but I'm still waiting on a couple of things which is holding me up, so I think I'm going to skip the wiring and try it on the next build.

It was a good day, and I enjoyed keeping up with everyones posts.

I spent the whole afternoon and evening making different front steps out of cardboard till I found the one I liked. Then cut it out of wood and started gluing it together. Wow I can't believe how long it takes to accomplish some things. I guess it will be worth it though because if I had gone with my original idea I don't think I would have been happy with it so.....

• Like 1

Sue, I changed out my winter wreath for the Mardi Gras one the day after Epiphany. On Ash Wednesday I'll switch it for my spring wreath. The down side of traveling and camping is that I'm restricted to my stitching and RL needlework projects. The up side is that it will be all fresh and new when we get home and I unlock the workshop.

• Like 1

I just finished the Love Shack!! OMG, I'm so excited! It's been a long time with a difficult hiatus in the middle but oh, the feeling of sitting back and looking at the completed house is even better than ever. <tossing confetti in the air> This calls for a celebration! Double fudge brownies and Green Apple Pucker all around!

<sitting back and grinning from ear to ear>

:bounce8: :bounce8: :bounce8:

I'm happy. Does it show?

• Like 4