What's everyone working on?

I love your minions Deb!  I bet they get a whole lot more done than the skellies do around here...."Yeah! I'm talking about you guys out here!"  'Scuse me, there's other opinions coming from the shop...... ;)

<gigglesnort>  Skellies aren't the most energetic lot are they.  LOL!  I motivated some of mine when I half buried one in a fairy garden so there is that.  hehehehehehe  

Deb, where did Bruce find them? They are my favorite characters right now. I promise not to put them in mini scenes. I just want one or two th carry around with me. 

Oh, you definitely need minions........and so does Tessie.  What fun it would be to put them in mini scenes with her!   Tessie would have sooooooo many ideas for them and since she's going to eventually take over the world anyway, she might as well have some help.   LOL!!!   Bruce found them at walmart.  They come in a clam shell package and are labeled as a gift set.  I don't know if they have different types in other sets or not but I plan on looking next time we're in there.  You can't have too many minions. :chase:    I put them to work yesterday and they devised a very cool steampunk armillary sphere from an earring out of the scrap jewelry bag, a lantern type pendant, and the brass holder for mini fireplace tools.  Clever little buggers, aren't they!  

• Like 1

I found tiny minions too and have been using them in my dollhouse!  Right now they're mostly hanging out with the totoros in the studio apartment above the bakery, but one of them does have an ice cream cone - maybe my bakery/sweet shop will have to sell ice cream.  I think mine may be even tinier then yours, Deb - I found them at Toys R Us and they were marketed as being part of a 'minion pod game.' They each came with a small plastic pod thing and a game card.  I don't really understand the point of the game they're supposed to be a part of, but that's okay, they're perfect for my house!  My bakery is only 3/4 scale, so the extra-tiny size works great.

• Like 1

Deb, your telescope is amazing and appears to be less aggravation than mine. Of course, if I hadn't been looking through the wrong eyepiece all Saturday night.....well, that's a whole 'nother humiliation.

Anyway, Selkie, here is a pic of the new pantry next to the mudroom and the laundry room, with walk-in closet above it. The addition looks a lot like it did before, just with a pantry attached now. Lisa was worn out from work and then had to go to a party on Saturday, but she took the time to go in and take the pic anyway and send it to me. Thank you, Lisa!

post-2875-0-26275300-1435609709_thumb.jp

The mudroom is about the same size as before, but the laundry room has expanded an inch to fit those double sinks that are now going to be washtubs. The little half bath is still behind the washer and dryer. There is a fill-in there in the closet, because I had originally wanted that room to be the master bath and had made the start of a dormer window there. Not sure if you can see it, but you may notice the kitchen to the left of the pantry now boasts a double French door out to the porch, so the little people can fix themselves something to eat and carry it right out from the kitchen and eat outside.

The only other thing I'm going to do now is add a little shed on to the right side of the laundry room to hold the furnace and water heater, and put a wall in front of the pantry that will have a folding, louvered double door in it. You'll be able to see the pantry through the double door on one side and the large windows on the other, which is why I made those windows so large. Although I may fill that window in and make it into more wall space. Depends on how visible the room is from the back through the doors.

I'm also seriously considering putting a skylight into the mudroom.

What will go into the closet will be shelves for linens and towels, a shelf for a couple pairs of shoes, maybe a dresser for winter clothes (we thought of leaving one drawer opened to show a sweater peeping out), hanging clothes with a shelf above for hat boxes, a cedar chest for blankets, and some luggage. Gonna be a crowded closet. LOL

• Like 2

Oh thank you for posting the new picture update. I've been so curious. It's looking really good. Sometimes it's hard to know when enough is enough.

Plugging away with the cabin. I made the fireplace yesterday using real stones from my courtyard. I decided against doing a full chimney on the outside wall as it will make it too heavy. Not sure what I will be doing today.

I never heard of "minions"? I guess if you don't have kids you get out of touch a bit. :)

• Like 1

Been working on my "Sunkist Corner" village. Got the street down(Took 6 styrene tiles) onto a board and place

the five houses with a little landscaping.(Will have to do more) Put together 3 carts(Do not know yet what they will

sell.

:bear:
  • Like 2

Definitely need a coffee cart!!

Instead of the typical flower, veggie or pastry cart, what about a hot preztel and spicy mustard cart like they have in NYC or a news stand? On the dark side, you could have a watch/jewelry stand fencing stolen goods. How 'bout a seafood or fresh fish cart or maybe watercolor paintings or other art. I'll stop. I can get carried away.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Around here there are carts with roasted green chilis and corn on the cob.  The smell is heavenly!  Whatever you decide to put in them Gail, they're absolutely adorable!!!  I can so picture the last one filled with flowers.

I had a mandatory "resting day" yesterday but still sat in the studio for a bit contemplating roof choices.  Today feels better so I'm hopeful that I might get something accomplished today.  I've discovered the minions don't work if they aren't supervised.   :doh:  

• Like 5

Thanks everyone. This build is far from done. First, it started with the collection of 1/24" scale (funny, they don't call it 1/2" anymore) houses that

I had and decided to put together. Still have the inside to fill, all are wallpapered.I skip around from store to store. It is my escape from real

life drama.This will see me through retirement.(Plus a Brimble, that will be a curiosity store and Housework's shell that could be anything...lol)

:bear: (Loving every minute and bear too)

• Like 1

Well, I finally have some $$ to buy the few bits and pieces I needed to continue work on the Ellwanger House - - plus I managed to plow thru the living room impasse with the flooring so now 'the stars have aligned' and I am chugging away again!  :D  It was one of those situations where you can't finish B,C and D until the problem with A is fixed and finished.  So now I am thinking that work sure does interfere with mini-ing!  LOL  Well, looking forward to a productive 4th of July weekend!

I will post progress pictures as soon as I remember to slow down for a second and take a few!  ;)

• Like 3

I had a good studio day today and finished all the exterior trim on the steampunk observatory and it has a roof now.  Yay!!  I think I'm ready to start focusing on all the detailing now.  

• Like 4

I'm going to grout the Stone House using a "V" groove technique I saw in Europe.

Sable, I have used this technique fo slate floors and bricks several times. I found it in an English book years ago. Very easy and looks good when done!

• Like 1

Sable, I have used this technique fo slate floors and bricks several times. I found it in an English book years ago. Very easy and looks good when done!

Does anyone have a link to this?

Sable, I forgot. I did a tutorial several years ago right here on the forum. I have no idea how to find it now, but it should be pretty easy to find. there is also one for daisy's kitchen floor that is done that way. http://caseymini.blogspot.com/2014/02/i-want-to-string-beads.html

I think that there a couple of other tuts under the heading "floors" on my sidebar too. I hope that this helps.