What's everyone working on?

8 hours ago, kathi17 said:

Debra is right, your work is really amazing!

5 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Mike, if your shop carries polymer clay and basswood I want to come shop there!

Thanks Kethi...........and I'll make sure there is a plentiful supply of Clay and Wood Holly and look forward to seeing you!

10 hours ago, ...... said:

Thanks Kethi...........and I'll make sure there is a plentiful supply of Clay and Wood Holly and look forward to seeing you!

That should be Thanks Kathi!

12 minutes ago, ...... said:

Finished the furniture now I need to fill it up!..............I sense I'm about to be unemployed again! 

Um, Mike, I know someone who has plenty (!!!!!) of UFO's for you to work on if you should come up with mega spare time and an clear spot on your calendar.  

Just sayin' ....

• Like 1

Played around with my matboars and trims as I found the tiny door handles when sorting through odd bits and pieces...

the bed is still drying and I need to decide upon how to dress it, but I must say it was a fun build!

large.image.jpg.e0b0b8515a6ce1ee7a7b6941

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Didn't that turn out well!  What are you going to paint in the upper panels?

It was fun and went together soooo smoothly. The upper panels will be the white window areas. I have some frosted white plastic I will try for looks.

hugs

I finally got out into the shop today to play.  I'm having to rework the fence around the rabbit hutch.  I finally got around to a gate; the planks for the main part are washed and the glue is drying on them in the jig.  Not sure when I'll get back out there again, but I shall do the cross pieces, hinges and closer then.  I also washed the panels for the chicken coop.  Next I'll be ready for the screening on it.  DH came out to have a look, he likes what I've done to the base and agreed on pigsty placement.

When the weather has been cooperative we've been out paddling, hiking, etc.; Hopefully the cooler weather will give me more shop time.

Still working on the boy's houses, the Taft and Brimbles. Brimbles is coming along nicely, I've got it all painted and the roof is on, but haven't done much on the Taft yet.

I figured I'd finish Brimbles first, because I think it's more difficult than the Taft.

So I had a suggestion using the exploding tardis van Gogh as a part of dressing the Tardis bed, does anyone know if such a fabric exists somewhere easy to purchase online? Didn't find any good sources on Ebay so figured I should ask here...

Hugs

27 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

If you can find a suitable image to tile you could print your own no?

I used to be able to do that when we had an ink jet printer but am not sure if it would work with the laser printer we have now. Hmm, will have to check that out as I know the lady at Swedishcorner/Skalaminimal has this printable fabric stuff from time to time. Thank you for the idea, will look into it with the Tech guy (ie hubby)

Hugs

My firt time post in the "what's everyone working on",. I normally read it every day.

I had friends over today, and we made tiny collage trees.  Full size ones usually have jewelry?  I did find tiny cheap earrings, but it's mostly glitter and such.

image.jpg

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, smjsome said:

My firt time post in the "what's everyone working on",. I normally read it every day.

I had friends over today, and we made tiny collage trees.  Full size ones usually have jewelry?  I did find tiny cheap earrings, but it's mostly glitter and such.

image.jpg

What a fun project. I've been made Project Coordinator for our mini club. May I use this as a suggestion? 

Of course!

we used velvet ribbons for our backs, just cut off the roll.  Also, last night I printed tree shapes out, spray painted silver onto the backs.  Made it easy, cut out the tree shapes, flipped over, glued down the printed side, the side I glued stuff to was silver, so if I missed any spots, it wasn't a white patch.

Pone of my friends edged her tree  with cord, and filled in with glue, filled with beads, I'm going to try that next.

i found tiny earrings at Wal Mart, used those oz brooches, sequins, and such, and when we had our bits and pieces in, added glue to the empty spots, and sprinkled on glitter, shook it off.

we had a fun time

My friend made hers out of tiny strips of wood, and some I already had.  One we used was from hobby lobby, just replaced the picture, spray painted the frame.  I go to junk stores a lot, and found some there.  Also found some in scrap booking stores.

Love the collage trees! What a great idea! I'd love to have a Christmas themed house someday.

Mike...wow! Everything looks wonderful! I have a painter friend who would go nuts for that.

Working on the Orchid...home stretch! All of the windows are on, finishing up some exterior trims , then the last of the interior trims. I started cutting out shingles from those veneer sheets... what a project that is! I was hoping to get shingles dyed this weekend, so they could be dry for next weekend, but I don't know if that's going to happen. I still have to sand and paint all of the gingerbread, plus a long list of tiny chores, doorknobs, threshholds and such.

• Like 1

Moved the Lundby Stockholm out of the mini/guest room and into the living room.  The first dollhouse to make it out of the mini room.  It will stay in the living room until at least mid-January.  Now to pull out the Westville and try to finish it before the mini room transforms into a guestroom this December.

• Like 1

finally for reals have a DONE stamp on the Chantilly and I am sooooo happy with it! if it did not have a home it would live with me forevers!!

I am enjoying having it in the niche but when hubby is home this weekend we will pack it away for the shipping!! had hoped to ship it next week but definatly the week after if I dont

it turns out I am quite happy no windowboxes...I like the outside just as it is! 

been cleaning the niche and working on Christmas stuffs but now that I have the niche back into my ordered chaos I can move on to finishing the Bulb house...

and since the season is upon us a rehab of the foamcore Church I found at goodwill last yr...needs to be ready to go with my village when I set it up! which could be this week sometime...I know rushing the season but Im just soooo ready to see all my little friends!!

loving all the eyecandy and reading what everyone is up to!!

:clap::batman:

• Like 2

My daughter and I worked on cleaning up the Juniper Grove we were gifted. Our goal is to get her looking good enough to at least decorate her for Christmas this year. Today, we painted the third floor rooms, painted second floor floors, fixed all the doors and lights, and made a third floor template so I can make a sewn floor for it out of some fabric I have. After the floor is done, it will be time to start decorating!large.image.jpeg.e01020269047f7191cc58a6

• Like 1

Really enjoying My "new" work area, ie the table surface is clear enough for me to actually do some mini-ing....

Right now I am having so much fun, need to find a slightly better shade of Tardis blue though. 

Hugs

• Like 1