What's everyone working on?

Kelly, maybe it goes with the name -- b/c goodness knows I've done that plenty of times myself! If it's any help I understood and got a good chuckle from your joke. lol

Anyways, on to what I'm working on -- never have I put together a house while painting and papering at the same time. Yet that's exactly how I'm putting the McKinley together for my youngest niece. The idea again is a princess castle -- but being a modern kid who likes to live in the moment while still indulging fantasy, have to figure it's going to be a modern day castle. Sooo, that's allowing me to use up some random scrap wallpaper that I had no idea where I was going to use it... but couldn't see pitching it. Glad now I hung on b/c I've had the perfect amount for the hallways etc that the same amount wouldn't have worked anywhere else! Yea for being a mini/craft hoarder(not that bad yet, but I can see how that could happen!) I decided not to use the bay window that came with the kit -- instead I chose to make a bit more work for myself and use one of the old Carlson Bay Window kits. Going to make it look like stone work, and hopefully have crenelations along the top. Have to admit, I've got plenty of houses to rehab for myself -- but it's been a good while since I've had so much fun building a house... Think it must be I just really like knowing that it's going to someone young who will hopefully truly enjoy it and have fun with it!  :construction::clap:

• Like 1

today the grans and I took the Chantilly and all her stuffs to the bus for its long voyage to Ohio!!

YAY!

I put all the railings back on the Queen so I could decorate her for the Holidays....I made over 4ft of Garland...and got it on her and added red bows...she looks very festive

kidos and are going to do gingerbread house and train kinda mini doings

• Like 1

finally was able to focus on other important things so I finally got my Greenleaf villages set up.... I really need the last set....and then my village would be complete but for the people and things!! I love setting up the Village....it makes things sooo festive!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nuttiwebgal said:

finally was able to focus on other important things so I finally got my Greenleaf villages set up.... I really need the last set....and then my village would be complete but for the people and things!! I love setting up the Village....it makes things sooo festive!!

OMG all of the village houses are so adorable! And I love the U-Haul truck! Great touch!

There are sets of these? Oh this is very dangerous information for my addiction...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

OMG all of the village houses are so adorable! And I love the U-Haul truck! Great touch!

There are sets of these? Oh this is very dangerous information for my addiction...

http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/Miniature-Villages.html

• Like 1

I have two of the Greenleaf villages, as well as one or two from Duracraft. I sure wish I had room to display them!

On another note, I am finished with the Taft and Brimbles for the boys, I need to take pictures, and am almost finished with the Realife Heritage dining Room for my granddaughter. Next will be the Heritage bedroom.

I finally got their store bought minis in the mail today. Since we will be doing Fimo food, I got them lots of dishes and things.

I got them each a set of four glass bottles with little cork stoppers for Fimo candy, sets of cheap "plastichrome" silverware, Spatterware pots and pans, a set of really pretty porcelain dishes for my granddaughter, and blue spatterware dishes for the boys.

The rest of the dishes are "dishlike" buttons from assortments. Those will look fine once the food is glued into them to cover up the button holes.

I also found an inexpensive silver tea service for my granddaughter when I went off the island yesterday, as well as a few other miniatures for the boys.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kathi17 said:

I have two of the Greenleaf villages, as well as one or two from Duracraft. I sure wish I had room to display them!

On another note, I am finished with the Taft and Brimbles for the boys, I need to take pictures, and am almost finished with the Realife Heritage dining Room for my granddaughter. Next will be the Heritage bedroom.

I finally got their store bought minis in the mail today. Since we will be doing Fimo food, I got them lots of dishes and things.

I got them each a set of four glass bottles with little cork stoppers for Fimo candy, sets of cheap "plastichrome" silverware, Spatterware pots and pans, a set of really pretty porcelain dishes for my granddaughter, and blue spatterware dishes for the boys.

The rest of the dishes are "dishlike" buttons from assortments. Those will look fine once the food is glued into them to cover up the button holes.

I also found an inexpensive silver tea service for my granddaughter when I went off the island yesterday, as well as a few other miniatures for the boys.

When do you get to give them these wonderful gifts? It is so exciting! They will treasure these memories with you, Kathi!

• Like 1

Hi Jodi, we probably won't get to leave here until Christmas morning, then we'll spend Christmas night at a motel and arrive at their house the following evening. We were planning on being there the week of Christmas, but they have school that week, and get the following week off, so we decided it would make more sense to go out while they are at home, even if it means not being there on Christmas day. They are fine with that, now that they know we will get to spend more time with them this way.

I don't mind travelling on Christmas, the traffic is light. :-)

• Like 1

Well, I'm still working on my parquet (too many coats of varnish and sanding them off) to give it that 'right' finish. I think I'm also there. On another note, I pulled 10 moving boxes of old books out of my closet (SciFI & Fantasy for young teens) - some I am selling on eBay for pocket money (tranlation: mini-stuff buying money) and the rest goes to a teen-center here in town. Still sorting... My living room looks like a library exploded in it..... hahahaha

• Like 2

On 8 December 2015 at 02:08:39, rodentraiser said:

That's why I'm so good at multi-tasking: while I am putting fingers on the keyboard, I am simultaneously stuffing a foot into my mouth.

Nice one!

Hi everybody! I just bought a 1/2 scale Elizabeth Anne, already started (first 2 pictures), but after buying a kitchen set from SDK, I found that the kitchen and bathroom of this house are very small for the furniture that I want to use, so I decided to make my own additions, and so far this is where I am at. I should probably open a gallery to show my progress, but I need to figure out how to do it, I am not familiar yet with the new settings here. Here we go...

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

P1000123.JPG

P1000125.JPG

P1000126.JPG

P1000127.JPG

P1000131.JPG

P1000132.JPG

P1000133.JPG

P1000134.JPG

• Like 2

Whoa!   Everyone has been so busy!    I read I just haven't "liked" them all......even though I do LIKE them!!!  

Well I haven't been participating much because I have major issues with my SI  joint.   I am now wearing a back brace so I decided to take out my little Arthur and start on something.  Maybe I can do a little each day ( famous last words because once I get started I am a run away train!)  Anyway,  The Arthur has been in my closet for I don't know how long and it seems manageable for me if I don't over do it.  I punched out all the major pieces and sanded.   I made myself put it away for the rest of the day.   I think the smell of sawdust made me feel a bit better already!:giggle:

• Like 2

last we spoke I had shipped the Chantilly to my nieces in Ohio via Greyhound bus....it made it there on Yule with NO damage....and apparently the 6 yr old had a hard time letting mommy unwrap all the goodies and slept with one of the Kachina dolls I sent... the 11 yr old helped put stuff in place and soon lost interest...as I figured but yanno its all good...it turned out to be a nice house and some of the items I sent were not just for play....and the momma was happy as well! I did good! :clap:lol

we took the long trek back to Mo to clean out our Storage...I am HAPPY to announce that my box of 1/144th scale items have been found BUT....the mice have been in everything and I have sooooo much cleaning to do on all the houses big and small...murphys oils soap first and see where that takes us....besides the little house my only complete build was the Mckinley Christmas house and I had already had made plans for some makeovers...I collected my lighthouse from my friend dusty but other wise in tact...when I collected the Haunted house from my other friend...it is now without the base I made for it...some kitty disaster....but thats fine as well...it was huge and I can make another if I want....

it was also our 30th so we went to see the new Star Wars and ate where we ate the night we got married...drove around our old town and all the places that are special to just us 2 and home again...just in time to get ready for Christmas eve....whirlwind 5 days and Im ready to get my houses all settled into the niche!

Happy Holidays to each of you!!

:flowers:

• Like 2

Dh has been a super supportive and helpful...last night before we settled in he put me 3 shelves on one wall for the houses....he took the air compressor and blew out all the yuckies in all the houses and put them up for me...I can easily take them down when I am ready to clean them better....with the weird weather we are having I did not want them left in the carport... my niche is getting a total make over tomorrow and one more shelf added to the room.... the Arthur lost its table spot to the lighthouse and again the shelves on one wall has been installed with particular house placement...I am working hard to get things cleaned and organised again...because I have asked Deb to come and help me do the auditions for the Queen....I have in my mind set up 3 or 4 rooms with things I know I have...lol...and I have several HOM kits to build...all the kits I purchased for myself I also bought duplicate for the MHM....now I will be dedicating myself to getting it built and getting it ready for my daughters Wedding day...I am dressing it for a wedding eventually...lol

dedicated myself to Christmas today but tomorrow the niche will have my full attention....:artist::cucumber:

• Like 2