What's everyone working on?

23 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

And I have missed you, too!  {{{BIG HUGS!!!}}}  I hope you're better and everything is A-OK

Thanks, dear heart. Healing well. Still awaiting biopsy report. Tire easily. Am reading forum but not posting much. 

Yesterday, I made fimo food with the grandchildren,  then we baked it today. We also went to Michaels and got stuff for minis. Granddaughter and I made perfume bottles. The boys are having so much fun putting things in their houses too. Tomorrow I hope to start repairing my granddaughters San fran. I gave it to her when she was tiny. I am going to make her an Orchid for her birthday,  because she wants to make a sweet shop and apartment out of it!

• Like 1

I started shingling the Orchid...I just hope that the folks at Corona included a lot of extra shingles. I have spent a lot of time so far and have 4 rows of one small portion done. OMG...Cutting around the gingerbread and dormers is going to be the end of me. I figure I can work on this an hour at a time before I lose patience with it and have to walk away. On a more positive note, I am happy with how the valleys are turning out.

• Like 1

spent 3 hours in the niche today....2 boxes have made it from the carport to the niche and a revamp of my supplies and other goodies in the shoebox containers...I am beginning to feel almost organised for as much as a chaotic crafter can be! I added 3 new containers to the shelf I am already using for them and if the man will lower the shelf down in it I can add another shelf...another thing brought in was the first organiser I ever purchased for my miniatures from the tool section,,,it is now full again with the contents of my odds and ends container....pulled several things that will definitely adorn the Queen.....

I found not 1 but 4 packages of porch post...why 4?? when they each have 4 post?? who can remember but for sure 4 of them are going onto the MHM!!....

I had no idea that my container of landscaping flowers had made it to storage....:cucumber:...it is now all organised with what I had here...big tub...2 containers.. one with all the realistic flowers and one with the paper  flowers including the punches I forgot I had for making my own flowers....YAY!!   

I fixed the haunted house chimney but havent moved it up to a shelf because it needs a cleaning and I still do not have room on my work table for it.....yet...almost!:bear:

started dusting the light house but again I really need that on the work table as well....DH will be home this weekend and the final storage solution well be brought into the niche and that is a very tall bureau...going to use the drawers for my paper...wall paper and scrapbook paper that I use as wallpaper....it will also hold one of the larger houses....

with the addition of the last shelf I bought to the wall I will have a place for houses and their kit boxes that are in various state of being...I know 1 of them is getting a quick work up and given away...I know I know I said never again  but its an orchid so it will go fast and its mostly done....

I was sitting in my char and just smiled....I am surrounded by houses....and I love it!:cloud9:

• Like 3

I've been sorting and organising my minis. Found a bunch of minis from years ago, and greatly increased my stock of 1:48 and 1:144 scale stuff. Put together a wall shelf with three pegs that the 3-yo promptly claimed, and then a plant stand. I cleaned off my work table today and pulled out the craigslist DC Bellingham my oldest niece picked out. Found instructions (thanks to this forum) and started cataloging all the parts, which already have the part numbers penciled on them. I wasn't all the way through when I realised that every piece for the foundation and main floor are missing. Yay. Looks like the first person got that far, and then gave up. I bought it from a man who had bought a house and found this box in the basement. I'm guessing the base is long gone. The measurements are on the instructions but they're too blurry to be sure of the exact numbers. We should be able to figure the pieces out pretty easily though.

• Like 2

the more I do the more there is to do....today I cleaned out the Adams and the Astor...re-bagged their baggies and found a shelf for them...all the while the Astor was begging to be next...lol....and if I do it exactly as I see it...it can start off a Heidi's and grandpa's cottage and eventually become Merlin's....his will take much longer to achieve...I love the Astor! just the way it is on the box....lol...I have 4 left of the 1/144th scale houses each of them needing a bit of repair...the Garfield is the worst off but totally fixable....

my niche is once again a disaster as we had rain coming and DH brought me in several boxes from the carport so they wouldnt get wet...but we seem to have misplaced the unfinished Orchid....and I have to resort all of the Mo Christmas decorations and combine them with the Az stuffs and separate the related crafting supplies....once I get that all finished I can get back to the cleaning out the houses and those that have furniture will be furnished once again....it isnt fun but with an eventual move in our future I feel it is important to be as organised as I can be...and I also know what kind of a room will satisfy my needs...seeing it all in one place like it is now....I am in the living room of this rental and it is a huge room at 22x18 thank goodness it has the cathedral ceilings so even with is so full of houses it doesnt seem soooo crowded....

I am feeling so very lucky to have the man I have when I start finding stuff like all of the remaining pieces of the Granville in a random box....

I simply could not emotionally pack it myself and I told them....it all goes....dont care if you think its worth anything it goes....and it did...

I am going to be busy a long time....:bear::cloud9::bear:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nuttiwebgal said:

the more I do the more there is to do....today I cleaned out the Adams and the Astor...re-bagged their baggies and found a shelf for them...all the while the Astor was begging to be next...lol....and if I do it exactly as I see it...it can start off a Heidi's and grandpa's cottage and eventually become Merlin's....his will take much longer to achieve...I love the Astor! just the way it is on the box....lol...I have 4 left of the 1/144th scale houses each of them needing a bit of repair...the Garfield is the worst off but totally fixable....

my niche is once again a disaster as we had rain coming and DH brought me in several boxes from the carport so they wouldnt get wet...but we seem to have misplaced the unfinished Orchid....and I have to resort all of the Mo Christmas decorations and combine them with the Az stuffs and separate the related crafting supplies....once I get that all finished I can get back to the cleaning out the houses and those that have furniture will be furnished once again....it isnt fun but with an eventual move in our future I feel it is important to be as organised as I can be...and I also know what kind of a room will satisfy my needs...seeing it all in one place like it is now....I am in the living room of this rental and it is a huge room at 22x18 thank goodness it has the cathedral ceilings so even with is so full of houses it doesnt seem soooo crowded....

I am feeling so very lucky to have the man I have when I start finding stuff like all of the remaining pieces of the Granville in a random box....

I simply could not emotionally pack it myself and I told them....it all goes....dont care if you think its worth anything it goes....and it did...

I am going to be busy a long time....:bear::cloud9::bear:

It's fun to follow your progress on everything! It sounds like you are methodically taking all of the tasks on one by one! That shows us all that we can organize too, just by starting somewhere!

I bet once you get to design and move in to your forever studio, you'll have it functionally organized and each house will have a perfect home to be loved and admired.

it has been an overwhelming process...I am not by nature an organiser...I like to be organised but achieving it eludes me...lol....today I started by clearing my main work table....and then I got sidetracked by the tub of houses...I did find the Orchid while looking for the big box of Christmas stuff that I didnt find....need all of it together so it can be sorted at the same time....sigh....if it werent for the mess in the floor the room would look pretty good!...I dont think a craft space cant have too many shelves and I need more! lol but its getting there! 

and I would soooooo love to be moving into a forever place when we do...but most likely another rental....we still have a couple more yrs before we buy...and would stay here if it wasnt like living on Noah's ark...cept I bet they had less leaking....lol....:shipwrecked:

15 hours ago, nuttiwebgal said:

it has been an overwhelming process...I am not by nature an organiser...I like to be organised but achieving it eludes me...lol....today I started by clearing my main work table....and then I got sidetracked by the tub of houses...I did find the Orchid while looking for the big box of Christmas stuff that I didnt find....need all of it together so it can be sorted at the same time....sigh....if it werent for the mess in the floor the room would look pretty good!...I dont think a craft space cant have too many shelves and I need more! lol but its getting there! 

and I would soooooo love to be moving into a forever place when we do...but most likely another rental....we still have a couple more yrs before we buy...and would stay here if it wasnt like living on Noah's ark...cept I bet they had less leaking....lol....:shipwrecked:

Well all that is really important is that you have a place to work on your passions and be able to look at your joys today! Tomorrow and beyond always find a way to work itself out!

• Like 1

Roxy, I feel that way, too sometimes. I love to shop for tiny things and bits and pieces and wee accessories that would be just perfect for some project in my head. Although, I did just buy a bunch of bricks, and the next day thought what a stupid thing that was to spend money on.

More shingling progress...just half of the back roof and the bay window left, plus making some sort of roof ridge. I bought a ready-made ridge, but it doesn't seem right for the house. 1/4" strip looks too skimpy, and I don't think I'll have enough shingles to just lap them at the ridge. Will have to go check out more strip wood this weekend and see what I can find. I made the basic bed for the upstairs, and finished a small table kit for the living room. Home stretch!

Starting to think of a kitchen layout for the next build, and I may even *gulp* wire it...Eek!    

• Like 2

I agree Roxy, I can spend hours looking at things on the internet and dreaming about doing them. Then it's bed time, and I regret the fact that I spent so much time looking when I could have been doing!!!

I'm back home from visiting the grandkids, and have been working on the Realife Miniatures entrance hall furniture that I've had for years. It came without instructions, but I think I am figuring it all out. :-)

• Like 2

I pretty much have the papers worked out in my head now.  Of course this is subject to change at any moment!    I printed out some paper that I made and then realized that its too cold to spray them with acrylic ( Modge Podge).    I like to spray them before I use them.  I also spray scrapbook paper.  I finally found a good program that I can use to make my own wallpaper again.   I downloaded for free from Amazon a program called LibreOffice.  It was FREE and works better than MS Office for this.   I combine my efforts with Corel Paintshop Pro.   I had a few misprints with my printer because I didn't have it set right but so far so good.   Ink is expensive but so is miniature wallpaper if you buy it.  Ok I will get down off my soapbox now!   lol
I "stained" the wood floor with acrylic paint and will spray that also if the temperature ever comes up above freezing! 
I wouldn't mind finding some good furniture kits but I haven't gotten that far thinking about furniture yet. 

I never did wire a house again Linda, I did my first house with wiring and haven't tried it again since.  I kind of like battery lights now because to tell you the truth I hardly ever light my dollhouses unless I am showing them to someone.   Then I will turn on the battery lights. 

• Like 1

I've been reading through everyone's progress reports and nodding, agreeing and empathising. I am very new to all this, but know myself too well. I'm the same with knitting. I spend more time planning and looking and worrying than doing. But I enjoy the doing too. I think it comes from the anxiety that potential rarely meets reality for me!

I spent ages last night cutting wood (after giving up on matboard because I simply can't cut a straight line with a craft knife) to alter the stairs for the Laurel - I would prefer a more closed in look - only to decide I might leave them out anyway. I need to do a dry fit and really look how much space they take in the rooms. It's the one thing that has bothered me about the design of the house.

Hm, do my little people need stairs? Worry worry worry, it's what I do best :/

• Like 2

I made a September resolution that I said would turn into a new year's resolution. To work on my House of Perfumes and I'm still not there. I am reading all your posts although I'm not contributing much. Have a real need to make a bit of cash to carry on with the build so I'm concentrating on making dolls for sale. The current project is some of the cast of Penny Dreadful, my favourite series of the moment. I've made a couple of Vanessa Ives dolls and plan to do a few others over the coming weeks. Is Penny Dreadful popular over there in US?

• Like 2

Thanks for mentioning Libre Office. My hard drive died a few months ago, and rather than buying another copy of Windoze, (my rescue disc failed as well), I switched to Linux. Libre Office is what came with it, but I haven't played with it yet. I guess I need to try it. I love printing my own paper. You can even print onto pearlescent white paper if you want it to look fancy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amandaj said:

I've been reading through everyone's progress reports and nodding, agreeing and empathising. I am very new to all this, but know myself too well. I'm the same with knitting. I spend more time planning and looking and worrying than doing. But I enjoy the doing too. I think it comes from the anxiety that potential rarely meets reality for me!

I spent ages last night cutting wood (after giving up on matboard because I simply can't cut a straight line with a craft knife) to alter the stairs for the Laurel - I would prefer a more closed in look - only to decide I might leave them out anyway. I need to do a dry fit and really look how much space they take in the rooms. It's the one thing that has bothered me about the design of the house.

Hm, do my little people need stairs? Worry worry worry, it's what I do best :/

I've stopped putting stairs in my houses too. After I built my Apple Blossom and found out how difficult it was to arrange the living and dining rooms the way I wanted to because of the stairs, I decided I would only do stairs in houses with an entry hall. (So far, I've never had a dollhouse with an entry hall, but someday I will) :-)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

When I rehabbed the Laurel I added a wall for the bathroom on the second floor.

I've built half a staircase and thought about adding walls too. I think I'm going to try and see what I can come up with. Is it polite or impolite to post pics in this thread? I can't work out how to put an album together at this point but would like some advice.