What's everyone working on?

Kathi,   I found that using the writer rather than the draw program worked better to print.  I was surprised how good the free program was.  I need to download the updates.

I guess I will get to work on painting the trim and hope that the temperature goes up above freezing one of these days.  I have to spray out in the garage and its way too cold for it to work out there. 

• Like 1

Update....being unable to wait out the weather,   I put a large sheet on the floor of the bathroom,  opened the windows,  turned on the fan and sprayed all my scrapbook paper!   It really was awful for the fumes that is why I do it outside but after about an hour with windows open they disappeared.   I really won't try that again any time soon!    
I am trying to measure out floors and papers before I assemble this time.  I will cut them out and label them so I won't have the usual struggle of trying to fit paper when the house is assembled.   I am sure others do it this way I just have trouble visualizing unless I have the rooms set up.  

Yeah- I totally missed my opportunity to stain, paint, or spray any minis outdoors!  We had our warm weather spell over the holidays and at that time I was too busy to be working on my houses!  Now it is back to cold weather (and wet again today) with a roof and front door to stain.  ugh.  Hubby gets irritated when I "stink up the place".  

In the meantime....I am working on the flower boxes during my work lunch breaks.  :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

I wish Home Depot would open a "fume room". You know, take your paint and pieces here and use the room in the winter. While your stuff is drying, you could be picking up supplies...

Look up auto spray booth for rent.

• Like 2

I found one of those garment racks that zips up for $5. At a thrift shop.  My work space is 3 floors up in the attic - even in good weather it's a trip to go outside.

like this - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-36-Clothes-Closet/21099528

I can hang pieces from the pole, and I made a small shelf.  So, I spray and zip it up.  It still smells a bit, but with open windows and a ceiling fan, I'm good.

• Like 4

I finally have all the dollhouses on a shelf...a wall for completed build and one for stages of done....

and I managed to get Christmas down to 3 large boxes...and when DH gets home again and puts boxes away...I will be ready for the house cleaning....

I have been using murphy's oil soap on the unfinished houses....The Queen has been turned with her back to me so I can start filling her....I made myself not to do anything until I packed away Christmas....I am soooo looking forward to filling and decorating her....

• Like 2

Fortunately our sun is very hot even if the actual temperature is only 15 degrees.  I took a chance and took my papers outside on the patio and sprayed them all in the sun.  They look pretty good and they dried fast.   I glued the floor papers on and will let them sit under heavy books to dry.  I had so many holes in the floor where I am leaving out and moving partitions around I finally just covered the floor with fake wood paper and kitchen floor paper.  I think that it will work out nicely.........I hope.  I did the same with the holes in the ceiling.  There were so many holes, cracks and slots that  I did not want so I papered the ceiling with nice heavy slightly shiny white paper.  I think its art paper that you can paint directly on but it looks nice on the ceiling.  This is dollhouse building on a shoe string of scraps and make-dos at its best.   :  )

• Like 3

ooooo Roxy

3 hours ago, Roxxie2 said:

This is dollhouse building on a shoe string of scraps and make-dos at its best.   :  )

that is my FAVORITE kind of dollhouse building!   I love to recycle when I can and what fun!

furniture has made it into the Queen...do not have a kitchen table...but I have a HOM kit of one so its good...kitchen furniture looks made for this house as well as the 2 canopy beds I have one made by me and one by Deb...moons ago....its really weird how the things I have fit right into the rooms...the poor Arthur is going to lose its bedroom furniture...it would look perfect in the attic bedroom of the Queen....leaving the Arthur ready for a remodel... was super excited to note that all the carpeted floors like the kitchen were done on a template and easily removed for when I am ready to replace the floors...I like the hard wood floors best with small throw rugs or area rugs...real world as well lol....

I am not quite ready to take photos but I will before I start adding my lil goodies.... Lord and Lady GoodWill are so happy as are Dave and Edna...well Edna more then Dave...they shall all be sharing the house until such time as their own digs are completed... lots more to do just to have a clean and ready to work in  niche but I am getting there!

• Like 3

I managed to paper the kitchen this morning with only one false start.  Apparently I am still dyslexic!    LOL   Luckily the paper I messed up was one I printed so I just printed more paper.   Works for me!   :)

• Like 1

I hate it when I make bonehead mistakes! I almost mis-glued the the baseboard to the wall the other day! Thank goodness a little voice said "you better check that first". Sure enough, it was upside down. I try so hard to think everything through before I start, but often still experience lapses in brain cognition. I used to be so good at doing a million things at once! Now, I completely forget important things! Is this normal when you're getting close to 50?

• Like 2

True Holly but I make some ultra stupid bloopers these days and don't get me started about losing things. I lose things I've just had in my hand 10 seconds ago. Yesterday it was the shuttle holder from my sewing machine. I was changing the thread colour - one minute it was there the next it was gone. I did the usual old lady thing of getting down on my hands and knees and feeling all over the floor for it but no luck. AS I couldn't do much of anything I wanted to do without it, I retraced my step methodically and found it in the drawer with the threads. Ten years ago that would have been the first place I looked. Now why on earth would I put it in the drawer when I was supposed to be reloading it - sigh, I despair at my own ineptitude these days.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

I hate it when I make bonehead mistakes! I almost mis-glued the the baseboard to the wall the other day! Thank goodness a little voice said "you better check that first". Sure enough, it was upside down. I try so hard to think everything through before I start, but often still experience lapses in brain cognition. I used to be so good at doing a million things at once! Now, I completely forget important things! Is this normal when you're getting close to 50?

It's even worse when you're 63, so enjoy the memory you have now!

• Like 1

"I hate it when I make bonehead mistakes!"     I also can't find the Quote box........duh where did it go???    LOL
More and more bonehead mistakes everyday but thanks for making me feel better!   After all the builds I have done you would think it would come easy but alas my poor brain makes a mess of things sometimes!   As a friend of mine always says.......cover those boo boos with smoke and mirrors!!!   :P

• Like 2

On 1/14/2016, 2:57:02, Jo Med said:

I lose things I've just had in my hand 10 seconds ago.

sigh...glad I am not alone...lol...Christmas has left my niche...the dressing of the Queen is moving right along...Im pretty satisfied with the furniture choices now for all the little things that turn it into a much loved home...lol...

my build/grandkid craft table is almost empty and I have really broken down my this and thats and that makes it easier(I hope) to find later

first up will be an Astor Cottage...thinking about adding the adams to the Arthur for a kitchen and greenhouse for Dave.

I have 3 small builds that can be completed pretty quick...and 1 half scale I may finally finish now that all the furniture I have in that scale are here in Az....

• Like 1

I have spent the morning organizing! I told myself that I didn't want to start the next build until I had restored some order out of the mini chaos. I'm shocked at how many tiny little boxes I have laying around. Anyway, woohoo! Not quite done, but at least everything is sorted...building supplies, furniture, accessories, furniture kits, all in their own areas. I had some of those little plastic divided boxes you use for embroidery thread, worked great for tiny loose accessories!

• Like 1

I've been finishing up a  very old Americana hutch kit, and starting a HOM trestle table, while the glue dries on the hutch. The trestle table will be fast, so I will probably be able to start the HOM Broken Bonnet Highboy, while the glue is drying on the table.

Our driveway is so icy I haven't been able to get the truck out of the driveway more than a couple of times since we got back from visiting the grandkids, so I'm glad I brought home a bunch of kits to work on last fall!

it is finished....all houses and supplies from storage have now been integrated into the stuff that was already here!

it turned out oooo so much better then I had hoped!  tomorrow after I get the DH back on the road I will pull the aster down and see how far I can get! 

I am determined to finish at least 2 of the 4 almost finished houses!!....I have to resize photos and then I will post them for you!

YAY!!:pepper:

• Like 3