What's everyone working on?

Looking forward to hearing about your build Holly. The Brimble seems like is such a gentle soul to work with.

as for me, trying and getting the faux wicker baby's cot close to finishing:

large.image.jpg.601d18a1df4bafb8a7823687

• Like 3

1 minute ago, havanaholly said:

Oh, that baby cot is such a confection!

:blush: thank you! Still some detalj to add, like some more ruffles (maybe) and then the bedding, a mobile to hang on the hook etc etc. It was FUN to do!

hugs

It is Holly, and as I have these variagated threads to in pretty strong colours I am fiddling and plotting for some children Furniture sets as a next trial and error.

hugs

I designed a somewhat respectable hollyhock today, will be one of three or more in different shades. I was searching for inspiration from professional mini hollyhock makers..one thing I found is that they were all very different in style so that gave me the courage to just wing it. Even google images of rl hollyhocks had so much variety. 

Well I think this style is nice and, although time consuming, not terribly difficult. Thought maybe I could do a tutorial if there's any interest. 

PS love the bassinet, precious! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WyckedWood said:

I designed a somewhat respectable hollyhock today, will be one of three or more in different shades. I was searching for inspiration from professional mini hollyhock makers..one thing I found is that they were all very different in style so that gave me the courage to just wing it. Even google images of rl hollyhocks had so much variety. 

Well I think this style is nice and, although time consuming, not terribly difficult. Thought maybe I could do a tutorial if there's any interest. 

The hollyhocks are precious! Sometimes it's best just to wing something. After all, we are in the smoke and mirrors business -- and if it quacks looks like a duck, it must be a duck. :D 

21 hours ago, aggiemae said:

The baby bed is so sweet. I am organizing and tossing wallpaper, well, actually I am here avoiding the sorting and tossing of wallpaper.

I don't suppose you're tossing any BH wallpaper? I'm looking for a specific pattern. Been looking for ages. I'm also looking for a specific black wallpaper that has little colored flowers on it - maybe I should start a thread.

I would love a tutorial on making any kind of mini flowers. Don't know if I'd ever have the patience for it, but maybe I'll try it.

Love that bassinet! Your weaving is wonderful!

Barn ceiling is 20" wide. Doing three rows of planks, 6", 8", 6". Should cover end to end, right? Not so...Haven't glued anything down yet, but the wood is cut, so I'll be fiddling with it this weekend. Something is off by as much as a quarter inch, but I don't know where. I did get the top floor glued in, though. Hope to do some sanding this weekend, but the garden needs a lot of attention. I have the pieces out and sanded for some kit furniture, so maybe I can at least get that stained.

Anyone else ever take note of how much glue goes into building a dollhouse? I'm at the end of the second bottle of contact cement, and not nearly done.       

Thanks Kathi, I'm in the trial and error stage and will do a few things differently next time. My 12 year old is telling me they need more detail (everybody's a critic ;) but sometimes I think too much detail is distracting in mini flowers. Love making flowers, so fun. 

13 minutes ago, WyckedWood said:

Thanks Kathi, I'm in the trial and error stage and will do a few things differently next time. My 12 year old is telling me they need more detail (everybody's a critic ;) but sometimes I think too much detail is distracting in mini flowers. Love making flowers, so fun. 

I don't think they need any more detail, they look exactly like the hollyhocks I used to grow back when I had gardens. I loved those plants, they reminded me of storybook cottages!

• Like 1

Anna, that baby cot is just the sweetest ever!  And Karin, your hollyhocks are amazing!  They look better than real life ones.  

Kelly, please do start a thread about your wallpaper search.  Maybe some of us can help you find it or even have some tucked away in our stashes.  

I've been laid up with too many things to mention but to make a long story short, I've been stuck in bed with hands, knee and back all in braces.  Fun times.  However, since a laptop trackpad only requires a finger, I've been working on my website doing the point-and-click stuff as I update it so it's mini-ing of a sort.  It's been interesting to go thru all my pictures and remembering the fun of making this or that.  However, I'm straining at the leash with eagerness to get back to Lynette's furniture.  That ottoman came out soooooooo well and Lynette took to mini upholstery like a duck to water.  That girl is super talented!!

• Like 3

That doesn't sound fun Deb, sorry to hear it, hope you're up and kickin again soon. Thanks for the compliment and Kathi: me too, hollyhocks and storybook cottages go together like peanut butter and jelly. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

I designed a somewhat respectable hollyhock today, will be one of three or more in different shades.

Karin, such as lovely addition to all your gorgeous floral arrangements thus far. You certainly have a knack for creating flowers.

9 hours ago, Deb said:

I've been laid up with too many things to mention but to make a long story short, I've been stuck in bed with hands, knee and back all in braces.  Fun times. 

Sorry to hear of your recent flare up. Hope it will be short-lived. It's SO great to have you back on the forum again. I've missed your wonderful posts and witty comments.

Trust me when I say I get it. These last few months - heck this whole year - has been the pits for me health wise. As you, no doubt are saying too, I just want my life back!

• Like 2

Selkie!!!!  <running to give you a gentle hug>  Oh sweetie, I've missed you SO much!!  i'm sorry to hear that your body hasn't been kind to you of late.  We need to make a front porch to the forum where we can just sit in rocking chairs and wave at folks when we don't feel up to mini-ing or typing.  But I think that just coming here to read and maybe post once in awhile is one of the best ways I've found to hold onto my life as I knew it.  I appreciate all the well wishes from everyone today.  Y'all don't know how much that helps me.  

In mini news, I met a new little BFF last night.  It's funny how a mini acquisition can get a person all excited but you all know that. So today I'm contemplating where she will live because I'll need to build her a home.  Sometimes the little folk can be very demanding about their habitat.  <pausing to consider>  Hmm.  That could be a fun conversation so perhaps I'll go start a thread where we can discuss our little divas.  

What's everyone up to today?  

I feel like Ive been away forever lol....but after my trip home I guess I dehydrated my body and Ive been dealing with repercussions....finally feeling like me again and getting ready to get back to my Taft....all I got done was the base...I have the flooring almost ready to go in...DH gridded  the back of my peel and stick tile for me to use my new saw on to cut my little squares...going to kilz the whole house as this is a 30 yr old kit and could probably use it in the long run.......

no plans with any kidos for the holiday so Im gonna put a big push on this build over the weekend...Deb gave me some Greenleaf Stucco to use on the interior....I had planned on using tp but she insisted...lol... siding and a mural is for the outside....

Loved the baby cot Anna!

HHAHAHA how cute lil muse Deb

Holly I do look forward to seeing your build!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, nuttiwebgal said:

Greenleaf Stucco to use on the interior....I had planned on using tp but she insisted..

You'll fall in love with that stuff.  Just put a base coat of the paint on the wall, then mix up some powder into some more paint and slap it on!  The thing I love most about it is that it's actually in scale to miniatures and it's soooooooo easy.  I'm glad you're feeling better Lynette.  It's great to hear that you're gonna play Taft all weekend!  

Holly, I have my fingers crossed that the weather cooperates so you can get in some time with Brimbles.  

• Like 2