What's everyone working on?

As I am home today feeling a bit work so to speak I have spent some time lookin at the lighthouse garden area and am now debating two possible ways to go, one keep the greenhouse and finally put the "glass" in and get it together fully ( a bit wonky in the pics so far) OR go with a more open pation with a stone area, perhaps surrounded either bu heders or tall Grass or something like that.

input appreciated, mind is just going round and round (might be the fever too playing mind gamer's but...) 

large.image.jpg.7672c794c75fbc21b1bc7394large.image.jpg.ef9042a73ad45750c218e676

1 hour ago, Anna said:

As I am home today feeling a bit work so to speak I have spent some time lookin at the lighthouse garden area and am now debating two possible ways to go, one keep the greenhouse and finally put the "glass" in and get it together fully ( a bit wonky in the pics so far) OR go with a more open pation with a stone area, perhaps surrounded either bu heders or tall Grass or something like that.

input appreciated, mind is just going round and round (might be the fever too playing mind gamer's but...) 

I replied on the Gallery page but I'll repeat it here.  They both look good. What do the lighthouse keepers prefer? I suspect keeping a lighthouse can be a lonely profession. Maybe they need the activity provided by maintaining the greenhouse.

I'm no help, either; I like them both.  Thing are less likely to blow out to sea in a fierce storm if they're in the greenhouse; but one would expect some of the glass panes to break and fall out.

When the winds and waves hit a lighthouse, don't they usually come from the ocean or lake side? I would just put the greenhouse on the back of the lighthouse where it will be protected against the elements.

Maybe it can be put on wheels so it can be brought into the lighthouse before a huge storm arrives.

Living near a cold northern seacoast, I'd prefer to have a nice greenhouse to sit in to read or have a cup of tea. I recall the year my son's class had their end of school picnic in late May out on the beach. We wore our winter coats with hats and gloves. At least the kids were staying warm running around. We parents sat in our beach chairs shivering and feeling bad for the ones who didn't think to bring their warm gloves.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, L Swearengin said:
23 minutes ago, grazhina said:

Living near a cold northern seacoast, I'd prefer to have a nice greenhouse to sit in to read or have a cup of tea. I recall the year my son's class had their end of school picnic in late May out on the beach. We wore our winter coats with hats and gloves. At least the kids were staying warm running around. We parents sat in our beach chairs shivering and feeling bad for the ones who didn't think to bring their warm gloves.

Cottage has been moved to the living room. (I need room on my craft table to make the roof top deck rail).  Photos are on pinterest. 

I agree Grazhina, I wore my winter coat today! A greenhouse would be wonderful!

Design delays  just mess with my entire well being. I'm stuck on the kitchen backsplash. The Carrera marble is not to scale and I'm not going to spend $70 on another diamond blade to cut them to size, this would be my third blade. I tend to cut a lot of real stone.  So now I'm thinking about using the technique I used for the granite countertops and marble floor. Maybe I'll replicate the floor and make that into the backsplash. I just feel stalled and I should probably walk away from the kitchen for a while and build the structure. I remember why I stopped the build...the painted walls idea looks like it's a bust that's why I moved onto the kitchen. I guess I'll concentrate on going through wallpapers. 

Why can't you paint the walls? Getting stuck is the worse! Especially if you have a great idea, buy the materials, spend the time/money/effort planning and doing and it doesn't work. I find that stepping back is always a great idea. Work on another part, make some furniture, fiddle with accessories, then get back to it. When all else fails, sand something.  

Well took the day off from mini work the other day and cleaned the house from top to bottom. Made me feel inspired to really get to work on the brownstone again -- which I needed. So as of now I've got liner paper up in the entryway and kitchen, all first floor floors have been installed, got my kitchen ceiling panel done(finally), tapewire done for first floor, bricks are just about done on both sides of the brownstone, and found my lights for the kitchen and got them cleaned up and painted... All in all looking forward to having at least a couple of the rooms finally done! Going to upload pics to my album here in a few, but feeling like I'm back on track in regards to the work I need to do.  Oh, and I also got my exposed brick wall for the kitchen painted -- will be grouting it here in a bit. Decided this is still going to be "upscale", but found who's going to live there and apparently as she's a bit younger -- she does want to update and funk it up a bit! Can't wait til I have her here and we can really talk in regards to what her plans are... thinking we'll have that discussion while I make her a new leg, as she's missing one. :construction:

• Like 1

As the fever has settled and I am feeling abit better today I took out the paper clay and finally made the last "major" work on the lighthouse base, ie the pathway. Still need to dry out, awaiting Marvelous crackling as it does so and then it is time for painting it.

large.image.jpg.8f2e7c1c1b83e4781955aab2

1 minute ago, KathieB said:

Anna, are those paper clay rocks on the planter, too? 

P.S. I'm glad you went with the greenhouse.

Thank you Kathie, me too! And yes, it is paperclay on the plantera to, this is My first venture into paperclay starting with the bathroom floor and then developed into the base, cellar floor and Walls etc etc. So much fun!

hugs

Just now, Anna said:

Thank you Kathie, me too! And yes, it is paperclay on the plantera to, this is My first venture into paperclay starting with the bathroom floor and then developed into the base, cellar floor and Walls etc etc. So much fun!

hugs

You've handled it beautifully. You have a keen eye for texture and color. :clap: 

• Like 1

I was sick for two days this week  - so while I sat in my chair with my blanket, hot tea and my Max snuggled on my lap, I cut and glued egg carton bricks. :)  My first endeavor!  I posted some pics today.

Back at work, so at my lunch break I will be gluing some more faux bricks!

Thank you all for the lovley compliments! 

Today I have been trying out the Scenic Rust kit, and now have to await 8 hours or so to see the result. Good thing it is some sleeping hours involved here to or I would be pacing... Just a gentle resting of the old bathtub that will be residing in the wine cellar.

Hugs

• Like 2

Since I had my camera out I took a picture of the half scale cottage as it looks so far. I've been trying to figure out how I want the garden area to look. I need to decide on the correct slope, how much level space by the porch and how I want the steps going down to look. I'm thinking a few steps down the slope and maybe  a suggesttion of steps or path lower down. I can't quite get it right in my head how I want it to go.

IMG_1838.JPG

• Like 3

Must say that I am getting sooooo in Love with the Scenic rust kit... Was so, so this morning but when I saw the effekts coming home this afternoon it was just how I had wanted it, whohoooo!

will take pics in the morning

hugs

• Like 1

Making slow but steady progress on my Micro Village. I started a second fishing lodge, since I didn't like the way the first one turned out. Miserable and confusing directions, but that made the second one easier. I'll start an album sometime soon. 

12 hours ago, Anna said:

Must say that I am getting sooooo in Love with the Scenic rust kit... Was so, so this morning but when I saw the effekts coming home this afternoon it was just how I had wanted it, whohoooo!

will take pics in the morning

hugs

And here it is;large.image.jpg.b212f7f6303a3411e3c3b9c1

• Like 5

On 5 maj 2016 12:19:25, Anna said:

As the fever has settled and I am feeling abit better today I took out the paper clay and finally made the last "major" work on the lighthouse base, ie the pathway. Still need to dry out, awaiting Marvelous crackling as it does so and then it is time for painting it.

large.image.jpg.8f2e7c1c1b83e4781955aab2

And this is with the first layer of paint done

large.image.jpg.5a6790dce439680a1f3fc345

• Like 2