What's everyone working on?

I hope to get back to my 1:6 scale manor house castle soon. We have a new litter of Corgi puppies so playing with them every day, they are 3 weeks old now and still working on the real life house, I said out loud a few months ago that I wanted to see every corner of the house organized and freshly painted, and that's what I have been doing for about 2 months now. Many hours painting the fencing and decking, Its getting too hot to do much more outside so yesterday I finished making the roman shades for our porch, all of them were done except the east side,  But it was much easier to get to after the porch was organized.

Corgi puppies 3 weeks old.jpg

Summer painting.jpg

summer painting 2.jpg

2 hours ago, Debora59 said:

I hope to get back to my 1:6 scale manor house castle soon. We have a new litter of Corgi puppies so playing with them every day, they are 3 weeks old now and still working on the real life house, I said out loud a few months ago that I wanted to see every corner of the house organized and freshly painted, and that's what I have been doing for about 2 months now. Many hours painting the fencing and decking, Its getting too hot to do much more outside so yesterday I finished making the roman shades for our porch, all of them were done except the east side,  But it was much easier to get to after the porch was organized.

Summer painting.jpg

summer painting 2.jpg

Go read my trading post

Really realistic landscaping job there, Deb. Cute puppies too.

I finished my 1:24 hutch today. It's a glorified piece of wood that seemed to take forever. Here it is, next to the stairwell in the cottage. I also added a little work table beneath the front window. There's another picture on my blog of just the 2 new pieces on their own.

IMG_1862.JPG

• Like 4

In regards to working on minis today, my main accomplishment was actually deconstruction of a building. Never ceases to amaze me just what you will find when you have plans to rehab a dollhouse. Today's deconstruction led to the discovery of three types of tape, caulking(second dollhouse to have this found recently), as well as the infamous hot glue... was a true joy to get it apart. Am hoping sincerely it is unrecognizable once I have my way with it! Hopefully will go from the little white church with fading papers and floors, to an old stone church. Hoping to still keep some of the original touches -- but will have more of a Gothic leaning in architecture with the windows being changed as well as the stone work added... still percolating in my mind but think I've got most of the idea of where I want it to go worked out.

Deb, coming from someone whom adored her Corgi while she had him -- and seems to in general have a thing for pointy-eared pups... Those pups are adorable!  :)

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2016‎ ‎6‎:‎08‎:‎50‎, rbytsdy said:

Finished my little wing chair-- I think the recipient will like it.

Oh my goodness it's adorable!!

*sighing wistfully* One of these days, when I don't have 4 client rehab houses staring back at me I will venture into the realm of creating my own furniture..... 

In the meantime... :cucumber: Bernadette's Victorian Farmhouse is FINISHED!   Hooray!  Hubby and I will move it upstairs this evening and then I will do a once-over to make sure I haven't missed any touch-up spots, clean all of the dust out and get it ready for it's journey back home.

In the words of my "Ghost Hunters" guys:  "On to the next!"   :D

YAY for the Ghost Hunters! They're supposed to be back this fall.

Thanks for the puppy pic, Debora! Now I want to hold a puppy so bad and smell puppy breath when they lick my face! I house sat for someone who had a litter of 7 week old Sheltie pups once. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

Oh, and to get back on topic, I'm not currently working on anything. *sigh*

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016‎ ‎9‎:‎59‎:‎13‎, Debora59 said:

looking at those cute little guys almost made me cry, the little black and white one looks so much like my sweetie pie who passed away last month...if we didn't have Cooper (the lab boxer mix) I don't think I would have made it last month. I still feel so lost without her running up to me when I come home. so far I finished another beach house, I made my own dr who police box, I finishing up a barn and then Im working on a 1/6 scale coffee shop for brats, barbies and monster high dolls after that I have the half scale tangled tower to finish up and then maybe I'll work on my replica of HG wells time machine from the 60's  but before the replica I'll have to fix the two trailers that I lost interest in..then I'll move on to the time machine. Good thing I made a list of all the things I wanted to do this year (I'll post photos as soon as I start painting...I have everything set up on the kitchen table so that I can just paint and move things along.  I wonder if I'll burn myself out ..I still feel sad but this helps with the pain

3 hours ago, Summersethomes said:

looking at those cute little guys almost made me cry, the little black and white one looks so much like my sweetie pie who passed away last month...if we didn't have Cooper (the lab boxer mix) I don't think I would have made it last month. I still feel so lost without her running up to me when I come home. so far I finished another beach house, I made my own dr who police box, I finishing up a barn and then Im working on a 1/6 scale coffee shop for brats, barbies and monster high dolls after that I have the half scale tangled tower to finish up and then maybe I'll work on my replica of HG wells time machine from the 60's  but before the replica I'll have to fix the two trailers that I lost interest in..then I'll move on to the time machine. Good thing I made a list of all the things I wanted to do this year (I'll post photos as soon as I start painting...I have everything set up on the kitchen table so that I can just paint and move things along.  I wonder if I'll burn myself out ..I still feel sad but this helps with the pain

Sorry to hear about your fur baby. Yes keeping busy should help, sounds like you have a lot planned and you will feel good when its done.

• Like 1

thank you Debora

the barn is finished and I started on the coffee shop this morning...I have to build some tables and chairs..I finished the bar for the interior  a while ago..then it's on to coffee dispensers, tea dispensers, a sign for the building and some food for the place.  while I was looking at what I had to do (I made a punch list) I figured out how to finish the tower....I should probably start painting some of this stuff first so I can move it out of the kitchen..Rich is starting to grumble

Slate roof files on, now, how do I deal with the ridge cap?  Curve slate tiles? That might be difficult.  I don't know how a real slate roof would have its cap, pictures online show a metal strip on some

7 minutes ago, smjsome said:

Slate roof files on, now, how do I deal with the ridge cap?  Curve slate tiles? That might be difficult.  I don't know how a real slate roof would have its cap, pictures online show a metal strip on some

I butt my real slate in a V shape. Hard to tell in this pic. I will try to take another, later.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=115382