What's everyone working on?

Just now, Roxxie2 said:

That's what I thought.  I once tried to make the 1/12 scale kitchen and it didn't end well.   I was looking for kits on Etsy and Ebay this morning but didn't come up with anything.
I will keep looking.   I didn't know that half scale furnishings were so scarce.   I love the house and have wanted to try it forever.  Santa heard me and brought it for me.  I want to make it nice.

Hi Roxy - you might try here:

https://secure.alphastamps.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=1%3A24&osCsid=58b070ef60cca87b1da0608bf5fefe45&x=0&y=0

There is some very affordable stuff for 1:24. Good luck, have fun, and post pictures!

• Like 1

I do like Alpha Stamps.  Their products go together well and are affordable, but the thing to remember is that everything is chipboard, so must be painted or veneered. I've linked to their dry sink that I made.  I also used their chipboard scalloped shingles as siding on the third story of my Fairfield, and they worked very well.

• Like 1

Oh that site is good!   I don't mind painting the furniture I like shabby chic !  Those are nice and affordable too!  Thanks so much!   

How odd!    I clicked on the site to see what they have and it says I have 63 items in my cart for $89!   I 've never been to the site before!  lol
What?????????????

I've used kits from Petite Properties and liked them. They are UK based, but, in my experience, the shipping was quite reasonable and quick. Haven't ordered recently but that's been my past experience. 

Link to 1/24 furniture.

Keep clicking "more" at the end of each section. There are many to chose from as well as many other smaller scale accessories, houses, and such. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Roxxie2 said:

Oh that site is good!   I don't mind painting the furniture I like shabby chic !  Those are nice and affordable too!  Thanks so much!   

How odd!    I clicked on the site to see what they have and it says I have 63 items in my cart for $89!   I 've never been to the site before!  lol
What?????????????

Lol! That's my cart! Don't you want to buy everything for me?

I do love their variety and prices. One thing to keep in mind is that it usually takes about three weeks before you get your stuff. I have patience problems and I want everything NOW!!!

• Like 1

I just ordered a tiny bathroom set, an ironing board, a small closet and an old fashioned stove all Acme magnets from ebay!   I wanted to fridge and the modern stove but $20 and $15 is a bit too much for a magnet!    I have used a couple of these before in a puzzle house. 

Thanks Selkie!

1 minute ago, havanaholly said:

You did a great job on it!

Thanks!  I really love painting tiny things.  I buy little brushes meant for fingernails ($1.50 for 8 at the Daiso).  They have very fine points, and make painting easy.

Jodi  I have been shopping in Alpha Stamp for an hour!   I think this is great!   I love the little plastic sofa and chair set I can paint anyway I like and also I am looking at those kits for the grandfather clock.  They don't appear to be 3D but I imagine that they are.   My cart is filling up!   Thanks!   :cloud9:

38 minutes ago, Roxxie2 said:

Jodi  I have been shopping in Alpha Stamp for an hour!   I think this is great!   I love the little plastic sofa and chair set I can paint anyway I like and also I am looking at those kits for the grandfather clock.  They don't appear to be 3D but I imagine that they are.   My cart is filling up!   Thanks!   :cloud9:

Ha ha! That's great, Roxy! Now you know why my cart was so full!!! I'm glad you found some fun things that you can use!

• Like 1

I went a little nuts yesterday buying things ( on sale) for the Fairfield that isn't built yet!   Does anyone know if you can reupholster this red sofa with your own fabric?  If not, I am stuck with red.

If anyone is interested HBS has 25% off today!  

sofa.jpg

2 hours ago, Roxxie2 said:

Does anyone know if you can reupholster this red sofa with your own fabric?  If not, I am stuck with red.  

sofa.jpg

Whether this is real cloth or a molded item, you can always paint it.

I thought of that but I don't want it to "look" painted.  I wonder what the material actually is.  I can always do pillows and afghan, maybe a cat or dog sleeping on it that would disguise it a bit.  lol  :rolleyes:

Deborah,  I didn't know how to post your dry sink in this message.   I was looking at it and wondering if I could modify the cabinet to make a regular sink?   I would have to make the sink part from something and instead of that board on the right side, leave that out and mount a sink and top counter in that space.  Am I making sense? 

34 minutes ago, Roxxie2 said:

Deborah,  I didn't know how to post your dry sink in this message.   I was looking at it and wondering if I could modify the cabinet to make a regular sink?   I would have to make the sink part from something and instead of that board on the right side, leave that out and mount a sink and top counter in that space.  Am I making sense? 

I think you could.  You would actually leave out two pieces, I think--the board on the right side and its little left-side support.  Then you could cut your own top that goes all the way across, and put in a sink.  Whatever you use as a sink could just sit on top the dry sink for support.  Also, if you are feeling at all crafty, you could try making your own sink and cabinet from mat board.  There is a great tutorial here: http://melissasminiaturen.blogspot.mx/p/workshops.html   I made a slightly modified version of it for my half-scale bungalow.

You actually understood what I was trying to explain!   lol   Yes that's exactly what I was thinking I could do.  Thanks for the website.   I am having fun with all this "research".   Of course I haven't even opened the dollhouse box yet!  

18 minutes ago, miniaddicted said:

Making nice progress on my French Country - Living room has paper, wood flooring (yet to be stained), and working fireplace and sconces. Wainscoting is next.

large.livingroom.jpg.bb1421fc5c55671de52

Where did you get the nice shiney hearth from?

Pretty!

I ordered two sheets of oak flooring, with a plan to splice them together for the first floor of the yellow house. Well, sure enough, got my two sheets, but they are drastically different colors. Bah!

I spent the WHOLE day in my pajamas, playing with dollhouses. Got the last of the replacement floors and ceilings in the yellow house, sanded the planks for the art studio, and spent the rest of the day digging out all of the furniture that came with the yellow house and planning some rooms.