What's everyone working on?

Well, I was going to try painting tonight, but first I decided to work a little bit on the staircase. I decided to cut all the railings off because if I don't, it will be next to impossible to fit it into the stairwell when the room is decorated. I did a little work on it, but when I got home from the ER after slicing my leg with the exacto blade, I decided enough was was enough for the night and maybe I'll paint tomorrow.

What happened was I was sitting cross-legged on my bed and...well, I was trying to get an especially stubborn piece of wood off and I sliced a little too hard. The cut wasn't bad, it certainly wasn't deep, it didn't hurt and it didn't really bleed all that much. But it looked like one of those cuts you see on the top of a baked baguette. Basically, I filleted myself. LOL So, thinking I might need stitches, I trucked into the ER where I waited for a couple hours only to be told that I could have stitches if I wanted but they weren't necessary if I didn't mind a little scar.

So I settled for some butterfly stitches and a tetanus shot, which now hurts worse than the cut. And of course, because I said the cut didn't hurt, I didn't get my favoritest drug in the whole world, Vicodin. Then I was told I couldn't get the cut wet. How am I supposed to wash my hair without getting my legs wet? I guess I'll just put a big garbage bag over my leg.

I was very lucky I was bare legged. Had I cut my pants, I would have been furious. I must be getting old - this is the only serious accident I've ever had with an exacto blade. Anyhoo, now it's going to be two aspirin and off to bed.

Guys, be careful with those blades!

Kelly that sounds like something I too might have done, I am prone to sitting like a Pretzel on the floor doing whatever Crafting, I even bought a bed tray with foldble legs to use a "table".

Hope you heal soon though and that it isn't to painful in the process.

As for me, signs of feeling better, I am getting bored :) so I am keeping bisu with the base for the Steampunk house, cutting away each and every Little angle and putting in its Place awaiting the bottle of stain to test out for the third shade I will use. Doing so will allow me to "just" have the painting part left when it does arrive. The pattern in itself is sort of developing as I cut and the real challenge is to get the left and right side to aling/harmonize.

Will also soon be able to start the putting together phase for the fence, I got the handrail parts, now to decide what colour to paint it though.

large.IMG_0314.JPG.8d7be8c0f70afcbea4c2e

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KathieB said:

Man, you have a lot of stuff on your Pinterest! I nearly gave up trying to find the Cantina. Here's a link to one of the photos for anyone who doesn't want to have to slog through piles of really neat photos to find it.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/305118943491783289/

Sorry Kathie B..I guess I should have said under the "sneak peek"  thanks for the link.

Anna, I am falling in love with that exterior.

Holly, I got a Tdap, but no antibiotics. And everyone,  thank you, I'm already healing - the cut is already driving me nuts with itching.

Joanne, I'm 60  -  I WISH I were young. In fact, when I get crabby, I'm the original crabby old lady who yells at the kids on the lawn. Sometimes I yell at them for just general purposes or to stay in practice.

Anyhoo, I did finally get the railing off the staircase. I also realized that there's going to be an awful lot of priming involved with that staircase. I hate priming. Now I'm wondering if I subconsciously cut myself on purpose so I'd have an excuse to put it off. The way my twisted little mind works, you never know.

58dd9e27392d7_myway.jpg.655fcdd691f845f6

• Like 4

And. Om the Left side is Done, still need to sand a little here and there to smoothie down the edges and then there is the tedious tack to lift them all up, one sektion at a time, stain and then re-position them. Now to mirror it to the right side, the side is down but it is the protruding part I need to finish. large.IMG_0317.JPG.4e91090e669416dfacd64

• Like 2

Jodi, I am just in love with your garden shed. So many little details to look at! It makes me me long for a garden shed of my own.

Anna, your steampunk walkway is really coming along. I know it's a lot of work but it really does look beautiful. Such patience!

I have spent a LIFETIME painting trim for my Orchid. Things have been at a stand still for a few days thanks to that. I'm at the end of that though. I just have to decide what to do with the large octagonal window that I cut in on the side of the Orchid part of the house. I had planned to do a stained glass window but I'm wondering if I should do something different since I have the stained glass windows in the kitchen. Perhaps just some interesting design made with mullions? Any interesting window treatment ideas out there?

• Like 1

Thank you Kathie and Miranda, I must admit to being one of those persons who goes into a zen-mode when cutting away or doing the shingels or things like that. And I am officiella claiming the cutting part Done Now! 

Now to decide upon the third stain large.IMG_0318.JPG.aabce1d0f643e928ea501colour, I have a few to try out, a few bits and pieces that are going in the Dark colour I have allready used to tie them together. After that it Will finally time to turn the attention to the fence, also a LOT of angles and cutting and glueing. 

Hugs

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

I can't seem to get any other photos of the garden shed in my album, so here's a photo of the inside. If you want to see all of the photos just click on my blog link in the signature line...

I am absolutely in love with this!  This is what I aspire to.  I love the layering of objects and the attention to detail.  

18 minutes ago, AndreaJane said:

I am absolutely in love with this!  This is what I aspire to.  I love the layering of objects and the attention to detail.  

Thank so much, Andrea! It is mostly two different  colored layers of chalk paint sanded and then aged with antiquing wax. I used the FolkArt stuff. You can do it!!! It is easy and fun!

4 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

I have "staged" the project.  Still need to decide what I am going to do with the ceiling /roof.  More pictures on pinterest. ...."sneak peek mexican cantina ".   I will be changing the pin name in a few weeks, now that I know how. Lol.

I got sucked into the vortex of your Pinterest boards today! You've got a lot of great stuff in there!

• Like 1