What's everyone working on?

Still playing with the clay.  Made an orange cane this morning.  Yesterday, after throwing my phone into my TV, DON'T ASK.   Lol.  I tried to copy a ham plate from one I purchased from an artisan.   Not perfect, but not bad.  A few days before I made 2 japanese curry plates.  My daughter spent 4 years on Okinawa and became addicted to Coco's curry.  I'm sending her one.

1 hour ago, CheckMouse said:

I have a kit for a Victorian Store that I think I'd like to make a Bed and Breakfast rather than a traditional store.

That looks like it would be perfect for a B&B!  What a fun project.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, havanaholly said:

None of mine have wanted to become a B&B.  I shall loo forward to seeing yours take shape.

I've never had that request before, either!  It is designed to be a store, and I was toying with several ideas for that, when I distinctly heard, "How about a cozy B&B in an old Victorian house?"  I can have 3 bedrooms for guests, and one for the homeowners.  :construction:

• Like 2

There was an old home in Quincy, FL, that the owners jacked up to make the basement space usable and turned the house into a B&B, with a gift shop in the front parlor.  Some of the net old houses in Jacksonville, FL's 5 Points got turned into tearooms.

• Like 1

Didn't Deb build a B&B for a client? I think she used the Pierce. 

I'm [sort of] working on the Pierce Bohemian Inn, which will be a B&B of sorts with a restaurant/tavern on the ground floor, bedrooms on the middle and top floors. I hate to think how long the poor thing has been sitting here waiting for attention.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Didn't Deb build a B&B for a client? I think she used the Pierce. 

I'm [sort of] working on the Pierce Bohemian Inn, which will be a B&B of sorts with a restaurant/tavern on the ground floor, bedrooms on the middle and top floors. I hate to think how long the poor thing has been sitting here waiting for attention.

Dear heart, you've been a bit busy of late, no?

Over the last few days I've been focusing on working on the 1:6 scale house. Have to admit, when you work primarily in 1:12 and smaller -- trying to make what you have on hand in regards to wallpapers and tiles work proves interesting! On the bright side, even though I know I'm being picky with a good bit of what I'm using b/c the scale isn't necessarily right -- it does look pretty good all together. It's definitely gotten an interesting color scheme due to the colors I was told were preferred by the little girl it's going to (purple and yellow), but asked by the mom to try and include a good bit of neutral to make sure she can grow with it. So far other than trim that needs to be added into the entry way and bathroom, those rooms are primarily done. The kitchen has the majority of it's tile done on the wall, and then I'm doing an upper half painted wall treatment with a beadboard look paper below in the bay. The bathroom is going to be the most "childish" looking, in that I made sure to do one room with lots of purple -- and boy oh boy is it sparkly! lol Besides that I've been working on customizing the closet that comes in this house a bit to make it more sensible... lots of ideas and hoping I can make 'em work...

6 hours ago, minikelli said:

Over the last few days I've been focusing on working on the 1:6 scale house. Have to admit, when you work primarily in 1:12 and smaller -- trying to make what you have on hand in regards to wallpapers and tiles work proves interesting! On the bright side, even though I know I'm being picky with a good bit of what I'm using b/c the scale isn't necessarily right -- it does look pretty good all together. It's definitely gotten an interesting color scheme due to the colors I was told were preferred by the little girl it's going to (purple and yellow), but asked by the mom to try and include a good bit of neutral to make sure she can grow with it. So far other than trim that needs to be added into the entry way and bathroom, those rooms are primarily done. The kitchen has the majority of it's tile done on the wall, and then I'm doing an upper half painted wall treatment with a beadboard look paper below in the bay. The bathroom is going to be the most "childish" looking, in that I made sure to do one room with lots of purple -- and boy oh boy is it sparkly! lol Besides that I've been working on customizing the closet that comes in this house a bit to make it more sensible... lots of ideas and hoping I can make 'em work...

There is a builder on YouTube that makes a bunch of 1:6 scale items.  I might not spell this correctly,  but Lena Wiese? Is her name on the videos.   She uses a lot of everyday items that don't work in the 12 scale 

• Like 1

A you tube video caught my fancy last night.  The lady was making faux sea glass.  My mini mind went into ?????mode.   Today I left the polymer clay  kitchen and made a bucket load of mini "sea glass" tiles.  Kinda subway style for a kitchen or bathroom.   (Pinterest )

22 minutes ago, L Swearengin said:

A you tube video caught my fancy last night.  The lady was making faux sea glass.  My mini mind went into ?????mode.   Today I left the polymer clay  kitchen and made a bucket load of mini "sea glass" tiles.  Kinda subway style for a kitchen or bathroom.   (Pinterest )

Which album, dear heart? I don't have the energy to poke around.

4 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

These look amazing! I want to know how they are made also. :)

If I could figure out the YouTube video, I'd link it.  She was making stones, I just rolled it out to make the tiles.  I made more than she did.  Translucent block and tiny teal.  Teal can be added a bit at a time to get the shade you like.  Doesn't have to be teal, that just what I wanted.

10 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

If I could figure out the YouTube video, I'd link it.  She was making stones, I just rolled it out to make the tiles.  I made more than she did.  Translucent block and tiny teal.  Teal can be added a bit at a time to get the shade you like.  Doesn't have to be teal, that just what I wanted.

Perfect! What a good idea. It does look amazingly like sea glass, and with the gloss finish, the wall tiles will rock!

FYI ... you can swipe the YouTube url, do a right click and copy it, then paste it in your post. I think that is the easiest way to link it.

• Like 1

So, I've been picking at the Bayberry again. I think I'm going to take out the original windows and replace them. They are not horrible, but they look like they were never sanded (agh!) they are red, and the acrylic is smeared with glue. Oh, and they all don't fit exactly square, so lots of gaps and cracks and such. I figure that any time and effort that would be spent trying to improve the look could be better spent on brand new windows. No idea how I'll get them out without damaging the walls, but I sure am going to try. Lots of other ideas swimming around in my head, but in the meantime, I'll continue to pick and scrape and fiddle with the prepping.    

No minis this weekend.  Went to little rock for my uncle's memorial  (today). Drove down yesterday,  gifted my niece a "carrot cake".  She was extatic.   She and I visited a couple of flea markets,  after we went to see her dad who is my dearest brother-in-love.   Took a misstep, fell against the car, woke up at 3am in excruciating pain and can't walk very well.   Made it through the memorial today, 3 and half hour drive home.  I'm now in bed.  Hope I didn't break my hip.

1 hour ago, L Swearengin said:

No minis this weekend.  Went to little rock for my uncle's memorial  (today). Drove down yesterday,  gifted my niece a "carrot cake".  She was extatic.   She and I visited a couple of flea markets,  after we went to see her dad who is my dearest brother-in-love.   Took a misstep, fell against the car, woke up at 3am in excruciating pain and can't walk very well.   Made it through the memorial today, 3 and half hour drive home.  I'm now in bed.  Hope I didn't break my hip.

OUCH! Ease your mind and get it checked out. That way you won't waste your time worrying if it is bruised or broken etc. It's good to know if something is a hairline fracture, especially with a hip injury. Fingers crossed is just a really bad bruise, but it is better to plan a hip surgery versus an emergency(take it from a nurse). I'm not sure of your age so please don't be offended, anyway you  gotta make more poly-carrot cake for us to drool over.:bigwink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

This 75 year old retired RN also recommends you get your hip X-rayed, Lawanda.

You have my sympathy and empathy, Lawanda!  And I should have listed to Holly sooner also. Three weeks ago I stumbled in my craft room (rubber-soled shoe caught on the mat) and lurched forward, catching myself by landing hard on one leg, with my knee bent and twisted, because I had been turning. Next day was painful, but 2nd day I couldn't walk. I've been limping along, using a walker, for three weeks.  Finally gave in and went to the doctor last Friday. He took x-rays and I'll get the results tomorrow or Tuesday. I do hope I won't need surgery!  :doctor: