What's everyone working on?

The flattest magnet I could find was the promotional fridge magnets one gets from companies.  Easily cut with scissors.  Still too bulky for closing doors with ... but perhaps a small depression could be scraped out/sanded down to fit the strip.  You can use this for "hanging" pictures, too.

2 hours ago, Shy Spirit said:

The flattest magnet I could find was the promotional fridge magnets one gets from companies.  Easily cut with scissors.  Still too bulky for closing doors with ... but perhaps a small depression could be scraped out/sanded down to fit the strip.  You can use this for "hanging" pictures, too.

I use those for posting memos, recipes & photos on the fridge.

9 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

I used the Houseworks kitchen kits for the barn, and really liked them. I have a lot of the Realife kits hoarded away...don't know if I'm going to use them.

So, on my quest for a Christmas house, bought a Sweetheart kit. Kit came in the mail yesterday, and HOW CUTE!! But it's totally too small. For almost anything. Living room is 8x8!!! Gah!! Maybe a half scale house? Back to the drawing board!  

When I link of flat magnets I think of the magnet "paper" - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Avery-Printable-Magnet-Sheets-8-5x11-3pc/17163700

29 minutes ago, Goldenrodfarm said:

I wonder how thick they are, like the magnets you get in the form of business cards?

Probably- I used them for a whiteboard project and they were easy to print and cut. I really like them. They were quite thin - but I should go measure them. I assume 1/32 at most.

Magnets :There is a magnet paper on Amazon for bumper stickers that seems really thin . I bought it to try it for a few things I have that don't seem to close well . I have also bought some really small round magnets from Hobby Lobby they are about 1/16" round but I cannot find online though . I'd send a picture but I put them in a very safe place and there they will sit until I find them. 

• Like 1

Most of my mini building materials are packed for moving.  I am teaching myself crocheting.   Last night saw a video on you tube.  She was making a dollhouse chair.   Tried it today.   (Photo on Pinterest ).  I'm thinking some adjustments are needed to get in more to scale. Wish I could post pictures from my phone, but isn't gonna happen

11 hours ago, Keifer said:

I started working on my next piece of furniture.  Its going to be a console table... bit of a bold design. 

And the chair wasn't?  (It reminded me of the armchairs DH & I bought for our first furniture).

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

And the chair wasn't?  (It reminded me of the armchairs DH & I bought for our first furniture).

While I agree the chair wasn’t traditional by any means, I thought it had some classic lines that would appeal to a wide range of tastes.  This table on the other hand probably will not, its more of a experimental/learning exercise to see what my limits are.  Trying some different building techniques, woods and stains.   

• Like 1

Karin, very exciting!! Can't wait to see your finished products.

I got the wood flooring sheets for the Yellow house stained. Wish I would have done more sanding before, but they're not awful. Will try the paper bag trick before I add a finish to them. Can't make up my mind how to finish the paper flooring sheets. Shiny gloss would look more like tile and linoleum, but I kind of want a softer finish. Thinking of doing satin or semi-gloss.  

• Like 1

On 1/24/2018, 7:48:46, havanaholly said:

Carrie, I wonder if the magnetic paint sticks to itself; if so, you might paint a thin strip on the fridge door and the box (test first on a sample).  I would love to find a source of tiny, flat magnets for the purpose of holding tiny appliance doors closed.

Holly, I found some on line.  Some are so small I can barely see them, but they work.  You can guess where they are, or I'd send you some.   I used some that are a touch bigger to hold the plexiglass covers on my houses.  Check Michael's .

• Like 1

I bit the bullet and attached my stair runner. Came out pretty nice. I have the Mini Mundus stair rods but attaching them is turning out to be a bear. They have long pins that  aren't easily pounded into the stair. 

Anyone have success with them?

28197362219_9f53bc0025_k.jpg

Edited by miniaddicted
shrunk picture
  • Like 4