What's everyone working on?

Keith, your furniture so far has been just fabulous!!

Slowly, slowly whittling away at the Yellow house. Got the wood floors that were cut stained and finished. Turned out just about how I wanted. More flooring sheets came today, and I might try and piece together the top floor. Will have to get the template cut and fiddle with it before I take a knife to it. I also ordered even MORE wallpaper...ugh. So many wrong papers....I was digging through the box of original furnishings and found an old framed painting. Don't care for the painting at all, but I think the frame is going to be perfect over the fireplace!

myst fp frame.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stickyfingers said:

Keith, your furniture so far has been just fabulous!!

Slowly, slowly whittling away at the Yellow house. Got the wood floors that were cut stained and finished. Turned out just about how I wanted. More flooring sheets came today, and I might try and piece together the top floor. Will have to get the template cut and fiddle with it before I take a knife to it. I also ordered even MORE wallpaper...ugh. So many wrong papers....I was digging through the box of original furnishings and found an old framed painting. Don't care for the painting at all, but I think the frame is going to be perfect over the fireplace!

Linda- looks great, frame is perfect. Glad to hear your floors are now exactly what you wanted.

I hear you about so many wrong papers. I too have a laarge collection of wrong papers from over the years as well as purchased more recently.  It's so hard to judge both scale and color without having them in your hands where you can compare with your house or furniture. I'm hoping to use more of my stash in my last house, the Chateau but only time will tell.

• Like 1

Oh and the wallpaper...I ordered a single, vintage sheet from a seller on ebay. It arrived crushed at both ends from the PO. I bought it because I thought I could cut it into strips to go on top of tile wainscoting. Don't think it would work anyway because of the pattern, but it's a pretty paper. Anyway, ordered something that I *think* will coordinate with the other two papers that I'm definitely using. I'm doing a really tight color pallet for the whole house...I know I'm weird, but I just keep coming back to that, so that's what it'll be.  

We fired up the kiln yesterday. I had no idea what to expect as far as how long it would take to reach the correct temp. Ended up taking almost 11 hours, yikes. It's still cooling down so I haven't opened it yet. Nervous/excited. Jeannine saved me from disaster at the last moment by warning me about making sure that the heads I had attached to bodies had holes in the top of either the neck or the head. Otherwise the heads would explode and possibly damage the kiln and ruin all the other doll parts in the kiln. I was able to go back and add the hole to the greenware before firing. I won't know of any other mistakes I made until I open the kiln. I'm worried I had some pieces too close together. Fingers crossed. There wasn't enough room in my kiln to do all of the greenware I had cleaned so I'm hoping to get another load in later this morning. 

• Like 2

Thanks, I had no clue if it would be one hour or......so at least now I know. The kiln has settings to choose to fire slow, medium or fast. I didn't want to choose fast because I had heard that would wear out the elements faster so we went with medium. 

• Like 1

We (MIL and I) attended a two day works shop over the weekend where we made a lovley painter's hideout/studio starting from scratch building the whole thing from what I gather would translate into some sort of foamcore etc and we truly had a blast building and creating most Everything that Went into it, even painted the focal painting and creating in fimo  most of what Went onto the table etc etc

large.workshop.jpg.a8285fe9a9a5a2ab237b1

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

I just had my 3D picture taken yesterday at the San Diego Miniature Show ....this is an awesome display!

On 2/3/2018, 5:10:31, Sable said:

My 3D Me working on the roof.

37A197AA-3486-4174-8141-EE290D3BE21A.jpeg

I was there too, my image will be in 1/2" scale.

Gail  :bear:

7 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Did you make the dog, too?  What a happy scene!

No, it was one i had around just awaiting a scene to more intogs to speak. He is such a sweetie, sort of like Curious George but in dog version :) 

I have been finally back to work on my latest client rehab.  The front is painted, window mullions replaced, windows washed :) ,shutters painted and glued back on.  Still working on painting the front door, but have moved on to finishing up the sides now.  Hoping to have exterior finished this week.

The client finally gave me her choices for the interior colors: light grey. Guess this house is now going to have the trendy grey theme to give it a more modern look.  The floors are also the trendy dark stain.  I scored them a little wider than the usual since this house seems to be a little out of scale from 1:12.  I used the recent break in the weather to do the staining.....now have to wait for another warm-up to do the poly.  

In between work and minis, hubby and I have been trying to make a decision about RL house renovations vs moving.  I was kinda excited about the thought of finally getting a decent craft room (albeit upstairs) and new windows and some other projects done....but now we are just in that "stuck" zone.  We toured a couple of condos over the weekend and it made me really think about what I am going to need in the next 10 years - which is what made us totally change our mind about proceeding with the planned big reno.  We love this little house, but realized that I am just not going to be able to stay here much longer.  :/