What's everyone working on?

I got to take the hammer to Brimble's roof; I tried to install it and one of the panels was reversed.  Considering I oriented all of them "good" side out, I uttered a *magic* word or two...  Anyway, I'll wind up rebuilding the second floor, installing the roof after the panels are in place on the carcase (I had this brilliant idea - NOT).  At least the roof is the last part, and then I can furnish.

Haven't posted in too long as I'd been busy trying to finish up on a rehab -- did get it primarily finished up except for a couple of small spots my dog decided to help on that morning.  lol However, the Walmer Plum Pudding rehab did go to a benefit to help raise much needed funds for a family that has been fighting appendix cancer and b/c that's such a rare cancer -- their insurance has stated they won't pay for anything. So the simple matter that the dollhouse that once cost me $20 and the materials to rehab it, brought $550 and is making two little girls quite happy now in owning it -- I'm feeling good. Working on another dollhouse to donate to another benefit here by the end of the month, and then see about actually trying to get time to upload. Hope everyone is doing well! 

14 minutes ago, minikelli said:

Haven't posted in too long as I'd been busy trying to finish up on a rehab -- did get it primarily finished up except for a couple of small spots my dog decided to help on that morning.  lol However, the Walmer Plum Pudding rehab did go to a benefit to help raise much needed funds for a family that has been fighting appendix cancer and b/c that's such a rare cancer -- their insurance has stated they won't pay for anything. So the simple matter that the dollhouse that once cost me $20 and the materials to rehab it, brought $550 and is making two little girls quite happy now in owning it -- I'm feeling good. Working on another dollhouse to donate to another benefit here by the end of the month, and then see about actually trying to get time to upload. Hope everyone is doing well! 

So happy to hear your dollhouse has helped . I'll never understand why insurance can get by with this. Just crazy to me .

• Like 1

Ooooooh!!!! i love that, Carrie! I can't wait to see it finished.

I may or may not have ordered one of those Miniature kits from Amazon. It's so cute and I thought it would be a good small project to keep me doing minis. I love that it has dogs all over it. Between that and trying to attempt a wired multi light chandelier, I'll have enough to keep me busy for a month or so! I just need to get this darn costume finished for my friend!

• Like 1

On 2/5/2018, 11:23:19, minigrandma10 said:

I was there too, my image will be in 1/2" scale.

Gail  :bear:

Oh Gail, I wish I'd of known I would've loved to have met you - seems there aren't many of us in Southern California lol

6 hours ago, NellBell said:
On 2/5/2018, 12:44:17, stickyfingers said:

Does anyone know if the Houseworks "corner bookcase with angled sides" is made to butt a bookcase on either side? It looks like it in the photos, but no where in any description can I find that info. I hate to assume that and buy it and have it not work.

ND you did a great job.  So glad to hear you think it’s fun to work with. I have mine gathered to start a castle look soon. 

Linda I have the 3 shelf corner cabinet #5029 and it does not allow a book case to butt up on either side.

I'm working on nothing because I'm on a ski vacation but I just found out there is a Micheals  in Kimball Junction (about 15 mins from where we are staying) so I'm going to take a drive over there today when I go out to do the groceries :) Excited to visit this store I hear you all talk about. I hope they have some good stuff. :D 

53 minutes ago, Keifer said:

Micheals isn’t bad but I think Hobby Lobby is better.  How goes the trip, are you an experienced skier? 

Good info! Hobby lobby is about 45 mins to an hour away so if Michaels is no good I may have to make the trek over the mountains. The trip is great, though the snow could be better. We took today off because its a bit warm. I'm a good enough skier to not have to read the trail map. None of the terrain here is beyond our capabilities so we just ski around all day and then try to remember how to get back to the base before the lifts close. :D  I do love a good groomer though because I have a need for speed! :skiing:

43 minutes ago, NellBell said:

When you go to either store make sure you go on their website and get their coupon . They always have a coupon for one item for 40% off . 

I tried but I don't have print facilities where I am. I wonder if they would let me do it from my phone.

7 minutes ago, Samusa said:

I tried but I don't have print facilities where I am. I wonder if they would let me do it from my phone.

Yes, just show it to them on your phone, they will take that.

The Michaels in my area has less miniatures (they stopped carrying hutches), but I love looking at the beads, paper, ribbon (curtains and carpets!), floral section, and around gift cards there is often some tiny mini sets in little packages. Just be sure to look all over the store! Have fun!

So Michaels was lots of fun. They had quite a large miniatures/fairy garden section. No furniture that I could see but lots of smalls. I went a little crazy and bought quite a few. I also got some nice scrapbook paper... Such a huge selection! Far better than my local shops. Also the embellishments area was a gold mine. :D 

Will need to go back because I ran out of time and didn't get through the jewellery finding area. :blush:

I'm not working on anything right now. :( Except just sitting on my behind on the sofa wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket. Bleh. I have a project picked out and sitting on the table, but I can't get excited about working on it. Guess that means that's not the right project for now. Hopefully this weekend I can make myself go down and do something, even if it's just reorganizing and maybe get inspired for a different project. Goodness knows I've got plenty to choose from! But that means I'd have to leave my cozy blanket...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sparklepuppies said:

Sam... Or anyone... Michaels has a 20% off purchase coupon today... Includes sale items. :)

Of course they do! I only spent a couple of hundred dollars there yesterday:doh: