What's everyone working on?

I am doing a Happy dance over here as I have a special "mini-person" on his way from the US, ie I have an Egyptian priset sculpt by Alice Zinn Travelling over here :) that Will be perfect for My Egyptian exhibition in My Gloucester. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keifer said:

Well I have been working on my scratch built house, even though I don’t have anything to show.  ... Currently I have been sidetracked by attempting to make my first working light, hope to have pics by the end of the weekend. 

Keith, I'm glad to hear you are working on your minis despite your injury. 

7 hours ago, Gtcih said:

I’m working on my Beacon Hill. This my second dollhouse. First one was a Duracraft many years ago. Finished the last dormer window today and started on siding the last wall. I’ve been working on it full time since August when I retired. I think I have about another year to go. I’m new to this site so this is my way of exploring and getting to know my way around. 

Gene, welcome to the forum. Your Beacon Hill is lovely. 

Gene, your Beacon Hill is awesome!  I hope you'll post us an introduction in the Newcomers' Forum.  My first kit was a Dura-Craft; you obviously learned a whole lot more building yours!  Anna, do share pictures of your Priest when you get him. I love Alice Zinn's pieces.  If anyone wants to see lots of her work, Miniature Memories in Charleston,SC, is home to her circus.

Gene - I love your Beacon Hill! So much attention to detail there!

Keith - sorry to hear about your injury. Do show us pictures of your light when you can.

I've finished painting all the windows and doors in my French Country. They are now all placed but not glued in. I decided to wait until its warm outside where I can take the mullions out and spray them - way too much work to think about painting them. 13 windows - 4 mullions per, and 3 sets of french doors (OK I did one French door set)...no way. 

I've posted pictures to my blog showing inside and outside with the windows and doors. I'm also thinking about the finishing of the bathroom, and additional finishing touches in the kitchen - beams and crown, lights, etc. I posted a couple of posts about those areas as well on my blog. 

Hope the workshop was fun today, Anna!  Wish I could have taken it with you.

My granddaughter had a sleepover, and we made flower fairies with beads, pipecleaners, fabric flowers, etc.  Not the usual sort of minis made here, but we had a good time.  Even my mum made a fairy!

I have a dilemma. After working all day yesterday on my kitchen, my husband said he thinks that for the auction that this house should be naked, just bare rooms. He wants the buyer to decide what to do with the space. What do you think? Here is the kitchen-still needs touch up.

D04A0894-FA4F-499C-B10A-8238BE33A740.jpeg

The kitchen is looking great - after all that work, why take it out?  I think it's beautiful.  I suppose it depends on who will be at the auction ... people who could finish it off themselves, or people who want it all done already.  All I can say is, I would love to have a kitchen like that - in a dollhouse, or in Real Life.  

I would add a few items to stage it, put in just enough things to add a little personality and let the buyer know that some little person is invested in the house. In real life, staged houses sell better than empty ones. Maybe a vase of flowers on the back counter, a pitcher, a couple glasses, and a plate of cookies on the island, a couple stools at the island? Enough to give the buyer an idea of what it could become. Just like a real house. :) 

I'd make a little easel to display with the house with suggestions of where to go to find furnishings and accessories, Ron's in Orlando, websites like the Greenleaf forum, Etsy, HBS, etc. Someone may be charmed with the idea of owning this beautiful house but pass it by not know where to find furnishings.

Agreed.. Leave the kitchen, apart from it being absolutely stunning :drool2:, real houses come with Kitchens and Bathrooms, so do those rooms and leave the rest for the buyer to furnish. :D 

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

I would add a few items to stage it, put in just enough things to add a little personality and let the buyer know that some little person is invested in the house. In real life, staged houses sell better than empty ones. Maybe a vase of flowers on the back counter, a pitcher, a couple glasses, and a plate of cookies on the island, a couple stools at the island? Enough to give the buyer an idea of what it could become. Just like a real house. :) 

I'd make a little easel to display with the house with suggestions of where to go to find furnishings and accessories, Ron's in Orlando, websites like the Greenleaf forum, Etsy, HBS, etc. Someone may be charmed with the idea of owning this beautiful house but pass it by not know where to find furnishings.

Kathie, these are some very great points. I’m completely onboard with staging it. The children’s rooms are staged. The bathroom will have the basics so that’s why I thought the kitchen should be installed. For the display at the auction I have to create a write up so mentioning websites and Ron’s would be an excellent idea. There was a local magazine that did an article on my houses so I might have that open as part of the display.

10 minutes ago, Sable said:

I just got the great news that my house has been accepted for the silent auction at the Gala. Tomorrow I can announce who the guest speaker is going to be. 

Is that Christy's Cottage?  Congratulations!  It's a beautiful house.  I hope it does well in the bidding.

1 hour ago, Sable said:

My husband just told me that they just announced it-Elizabeth Smart will be the guest speaker. This children’s charity provides online tools to law enforcement to seek out child predators. 

What a wonderful charity!  I hope your house raises them a mintful of money.