What's everyone working on?

11481 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, wormwoodz said:

Thank you for all the inspiration through the years and my best wishes for everyone that is going through a rough time right now! You are never alone <

Oh Ashley, I am so sorry to hear that you are having such scary struggles. I was wondering where you were, and missed seeing your lovely work. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

1 person likes this

Ashley, you definitely need to change jobs ASAP!

1 person likes this

Finished the pillowcases I was working on, a pattern of fuchsia and red roses. Mom was thrilled! Started working on the second set she wanted of tropical leaves I'm stitching like caladiums, white and green on either end with a white and pink one in the center. When I finish with those, I have a third set she wants, of butterflies and roses.

1 person likes this

On 06/06/2019, 18:59:55, Mid-life madness said:

Oh Ashley, I am so sorry to hear that you are having such scary struggles. I was wondering where you were, and missed seeing your lovely work. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

On 06/06/2019, 20:43:58, havanaholly said:

Ashley, you definitely need to change jobs ASAP!

Thank you! I miss this comunity so much. I feel like people who work with miniatures are generally more patient and kind and understanding toward others, but often we get the worst end of the stick for it...

Holy you are definitely right! Unfortunately here people have prejudices against hiring physical or neurologically "impaired" people because we can't work at the same speed as others, or learn in the "standard" format. And there is no brain surgeon that will dare to try to "fix" a problem like that (thankfully... we are not in the XIX century). So I am completly at a loss on what to do next, but I'm hoping rest and patience will at least keep me alive and happy for a few more years. 

Very sincere hugs to you all ! :console:

I love it when a house finally speaks to you!  I have been working on the Vineyard Cottage again, pushing to get it finished up.  I bought a "halloween-ish" bookshelf that I just fell in love with.  I really had no plans for it, but bought it anyway. 

Then the Vineyard spoke up!  So now I am going to make it a witch's cottage.  I had planned on painting the outside purple, so it all fell together.  I pulled out my J Hermes "skeletons in the closet" wallpaper and some matching sheets.  I then discovered a couch and chair I had bought about a year ago with a Halloween theme.  It is all starting to fall together (in my head).

Bookcase.jpg

1 person likes this

When the houses start talking, they always have the best ideas!

1 person likes this