What's everyone working on?

I love that border too. lol Salvaged some from the house my sister and brother in law were renting before they moved back down to NC. I saw it and thought -- many mini uses! Glad to see it looks so good, and can't wait to see it with your flooring choice! :thumb:

I didn't get a ticket, but the cop seemed less than enthusiastic about his job, so I doubt the other guy did either. I'm trying not to worry about it.

Back to Mini-ing, I might get a deal on the materials needed to re-build the B&B's damaged foundation. I'm also starting back up on the Tudor tonight. If I don't encounter too many delays or work on the B&B for a while I should have the entire 1st floor done by July or August.

I'm also thinking about making a proposal to the owners of the real B&B. They weren't able to buy the house at the price I was going to list at the Chicago show before it was damaged ($28,000, too much?) But that may have been too much regardless of condition. Its clear that I won't be able to sell it at a show, so I'm thinking I should drop it back to the original price I had in mind when I started building it ($10,000-15,000). It would be with someone who would care for it, I would only have to transport it about 4 miles, and lets face it, I'll never recoup wages for the 4,200 hours I put into building it. It's a hobby and time I didn't spend in a bar or some other unproductive activity.

Jeremy, when a friend and I had to have a dollhouse appraised for a charity auction, our semi-local dollhouse shop owner said that she roughly doubles the cost of materials and contents when she prices finished houses for sale in her shop. She said that trying to include a charge for all labor prices the house right out of the market. I think the fact that your house is stick built rather than a kit puts it a notch above and ought to bear a surchage beyond the doubled figure. Consider the joy that you experienced in the building process as a gift to you from you. :D

Well I spent about 4 hours today taking all the pieces of the Willow out of the sheets, marking and bagging everything. By the time I was finished I was covered in splinters from chest to foot. I never get over how much mess just getting one of these houses out of the box can make.:( Even after a shower and a change of clothes I still feel like I've got them all over me. Uck!

• Like 1

Have gotten all exterior trim, and all of the interior trim from the top two floor off of the Townhouse. Have one last corner of flooring to finish up for my pyrography attempt at Celtic knotwork for the Tudor styled house. For the Petite Dreams rehab, I managed to wallpaper an additional two walls, and started on my faux pocket door(hoping like heck I can get this to work), varnished my "encaustic tiles" on the front porch as well. Oh, and settled on a ribbon lace combo for a chair rail for the nursery of the Petite Dreams rehab. If I could simply convince myself that one project at a time would get done quicker, it might be easier... but I doubt it'd be so much fun! Feels rather much like when I start to get bored with an idea for one, I can flip over to another and be completely refreshed. :ohyeah:

If I could simply convince myself that one project at a time would get done quicker, it might be easier... but I doubt it'd be so much fun! Feels rather much like when I start to get bored with an idea for one, I can flip over to another and be completely refreshed. :ohyeah:

Sounds about right to me. :lol:

OMG Jeremy..ohhh nooooeeeee...:yikes:your beautiful houses, ACK ...I am so sorry that happened to you. PLEEESE get those things insured, OK...they're so precious..and ol Mr.Murphy puts his law into effect when you can least expect it. I sure hope you can repair the damage :(

Update on Moggie Manor: I've made some great strides in the past few weeks. I have all the rooms wallpapered except for the upper hallway, and the dining salon. Floors all done in the d.r., l.r., Ian's room, and one hallway. I changed the bathroom wall..adding a real life wallpaper border, and it's really pretty.

I took advantage of the big HBS sale, to order a total bedroom set for Pella's bedroom (the Sullivan set, two bedside tables, bed, wardrobe, dresser, and a chair.). I also ordered a dining room set for the dining salon..and splurged on the JBM Treasure Cabinet..the one will all the cool little drawers..

Casey, I'm using your tutorial to make a bed for Tinntabula's bedroom..thanks so much for putting in that tut, and thanks for the pleating tutorial too! It's awesome! I went out and got my ceiling tile this afternoon and a gazillion pins, so I'm all set to pleat my widdle heart out, LOL!

By the end of next month, I'll have the baseboards on, and the ceilings and crown moldings in. THEN I can put on the front doors..and really get to the fun (this is the part I've really looked forward to) stuff...making all the cool little doodads that make a house a home.

post-5739-0-36305400-1302841827_thumb.jp

I just threw in the pic of the bathroom, to see if I could finally put in a pic. Just noticed..this pic doesn't include the new bathroom floor...I went to Home Depot and found a beautiful bronze marble tile, that matched the brownish tones in the border PERFECTLY! I love that wallpaper border.

No ceiling finished yet, and I need baseboards..and THEN I'm going to save up for a Bespaq bathroom set..it should only take me a few years, HAHAHA! I want one of those sets so bad it hurts. Funny how we can become obsessed with something...dunno why I crave that set so bad..

HEY, Spring is actually just around the corner here! I think we might actually be DONE WITH SNOW! It's not warm yet, but I'll take anything above 25 degrees, and I can even tolerate rain if it doesn't degenerate into snow!

In Real Life, I've had some drama going on...so I haven't been on as much as usual...I sure missed you guys! Jeremy, I almost forgot to say I'm glad no one was hurt in that accident!

Hugs to all..

J

Nice Paper in your bathroom. I have the same thing in my RL family room.:thumb: :wave:

:ohyeah: I started working on the Newbury by RGT. So far it's a great house to work on. It's all plywood, so it's easy to pick up and move around. The only thing I'm not crazy about iis the way the ceiling slants on the second floor. It's hard to figure out where to put furniture. I'll try to post pictures soon. Also working on the SP, waiting for items to arrive to add to it.

Spent the better part of Saturday fighting off a browser hijacker. Logged on that morning to find two "returned" emails in my in box, emails that I never sent. I immediately changed my hotmail password and as soon as I did I got kicked off the internet and couldn't get my browser to work. I spent hours running scans and removing any program that even remotely looked suspicious. Finally got my son Bill on the phone and he sent me looking for a file he installed on my pooter called Combo Fix. At first I couldn't find it, then finally in desperation I just went though every file until I located it, it was still in zip form (which is why I couldn't find it the first time around.) So I opened it up, turned it loose, and got my browser back. So far it looks like everything is working ok. I wasted half a day with this nonsense, time I could have spent mini-ing, but by the time I got things straightened out I'd lost all interest in everything other than getting my temper under control. You'd think that folks would have better things to do with their time than creating these viruses.

• Like 1

I keep staring at this great big box sitting in the hall that contains Rapunzel's Tower and for some reason I have not been able to unpack it. I have spent time trying to catch up both my sleep and enthusiasm for minis. Also having to deal with taking care of Brady after his surgery just seems to keep me in a drained state. I hope I can get back to normal soon. I did manage a home check this weekend for a potential boxer adoption. Great family and hope all works out for them. Sigh, time to take the dogs out and get ready for bed.

Brae, glad to know I'm not alone on that thinking! lol For now, I got replacement parts from RGT for my niece's birthday project and the missing pieces to the town house. Have gotten the last of the trim off of the town house for the first floor, and am now working on more paint removal. By end of evening I hope to be gluing the two walls containing the pocket door together. Oh, and Casey love the rug tut!

Jeremy ... I've just seen the photo of the damaged houses in the truck ... it's tragic. I'm so, so sorry. I'm sure that you're feeling quite disheartened just now. I hope that you can work your magic on them once more, in a while. :)

I feel like someone just turned off all the lights on this forum -- I can't find anything anymore. Where did you see the pictures of damaged houses? I finally found the tiny tiny little button for a member's gallery, but didn't see anything on Jeremy's about those houses.

So sorry this happened, Jeremy! Even getting insurance money can't replace the time and skill you put into them. Thankful you were not hurt, though.

I finished the room box I was working on for the last few months. I started with the Grand Room Box Kit by Houseworks. I mailed it to my friend in Florida and he loves it. All the pictures in the Art Gallery are his photographs.

post-4286-0-32384700-1303186493_thumb.jp

I feel like someone just turned off all the lights on this forum -- I can't find anything anymore. Where did you see the pictures of damaged houses? ....

I was on the "Forums" page, and saw the photo in the line-up of Recent Gallery Images. (It will be good when the forum glitches are all ironed out.)

I am trying very hard to behave and make much progress in trying to finish my Georgian (Sunnybrook). I have been working on it, and a million or so, other houses since 2001! I love to build and tend to look in all directions instead of finishing one at a time.

I am concentrating on the outside (excluding landscaping) structure stuff: mouldings, trims, cleanup, loose-ends. I have finally finished the parapets on the wings and some trim on the main house. I am finally happy with the front and I am starting the back.

I will upload some pics in my Gallery (as soon as it works for me) and just one picture of the entire front here. I love this house and would really like to see it finished, but ....

B)

post-47-0-43660200-1303229453_thumb.jpg

That is a GREAT gallery! I love the back part that you did, making it look like it goes on and on. Bravo!! :clapping:

Thank you :) I had a lot of fun with that and was sorry to see it go. I might make another one and keep it for myself!

I work for the school system, and I visit different schools. However, I have an office in 1 of my schools that I report to every day, and where all my "stuff" is. My office happens to be in the drafting lab, where they teach engineering and architecture. Wonderful guy that teaches this class. Usually I'm out doing work orders during the day, but sometimes I have stuff to do in the office during classes. One day they were learning about housing styles, that was fun, I went in the classroom and pulled up a chair and listened for a bit. Today they are learning about scale. Fun!! I went in during one class, and right now I just have my door open so I can listen. the first class struggled a bit with it, but this class is getting it pretty good. It sure is neat when you hear a whole class go "OHHHH!" Anyway, he's teaching it using an architect's scale ruler. I have never seen one of these, what a COOL thing! It has lots of different scales on it. And the best part?? He had lots extras, and gave me one! Yay me! I do okay figuring scale out on my own, but it never hurts to have additional help.

I volunteered to bring in some houses tomorrow in different scales. He will have them measure them and see if they can figure out the scale. Fun! :)

:thumb: You'll love that tool...in spite of all the neat new stuff to have come along in the past 30 years...I still have my rule, and it's nice to be able to flip it about and get measurements for several different scales off one long piece of plastic or metal!

Woot...:w00t: just checked the UPS status of the stuff I ordered from HBS..a bedroom set, two pieces of w2w carpeting, baseboards...lotsa stuff! ...and it's due to be delivered tomorrow! WAHoo...this is as much fun as when I used to order from the old Sears and MonkeyWards catalogues, hehehe.

My backordered stuff, that I got from the 40% off sale, is still backordered, though :( ...anyone have any idea how long a backordered items is usually delayed? I'm champing at the bit to get my dining room set.

Hey, has anyone else noticed all the cute new smilies? Some of them are :worthy: SO COOL

I took drafting in high school. Unfortunately I moved back to Florida before finishing the program. I went from drafting mechanical components and buildings to circles and squares.dry.gif I only had one year left to graduate and the local HS didn't have a proper program, so I didn't persue it further. I wasn't able to put the knowledge to use until I started building my little houses.

I'm putting the final parts on the Tudor's living room and I'll start cutting parts for the foyer staircase tonight.