Recycling Dollhouses

sharrice

Hi,

I am new here. I love finding and making miniatures. As we all now they can over take a home in no time at all :p . For that very reason I have some dollhouses that I would like to pass on to somone else. I was wondering if anyone has any sugestions on how to do this? I dont want to ship them,but I don't want to put them on the curb as trash. I am not looking to make money from them.

If u took time to read this thank u for your time :hug:

Sharrice

Some charities will take them for fundraisers, especially if it's an on-the-spot fundraiser like a silent auction. That way the winner is there to take the house home. Raffles are harder, since the charity needs a raffle license, has to account for every single ticket, and the winner may be three states away when the drawing is held. Maybe offer it as a door prize to an event. There are always thrift stores. Be sure to label the house as a collectors item and as unsuitable for any child under I think it's 12 to get around liability issues.

I love your idea of the battered women's shelters as a homes for your old dollhouses. One of our members, and I am sorry I can't remember who, has her organization 'Dollhouses for Kids Battling Cancer ... another great idea for dollhouses that need a home. This is the Facebook page for the organization:

Dollhouses For Kids Battling Cancer

I love your idea of the battered women's shelters as a homes for your old dollhouses. One of our members, and I am sorry I can't remember who, has her organization 'Dollhouses for Kids Battling Cancer ... another great idea for dollhouses that need a home. This is the Facebook page for the organization:

Dollhouses For Kids Battling Cancer

It's Ann New York

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...&album=1188

Sharrice, a battered women's shelter is a great idea! :idea: