One of ours can use some positive thoughts

lumberjacksgurl

Hello everyone. It has been a long time since I have posted here, and I am very saddened to come for this, but I thought you would all like to know that one of the mini community could really use some prayers or positive thoughts.

Deana, aka Chesterfieldzoo, has been VERY ill for over a month now. She is in ICU, on a respirator and heavily sedated, and has been for 4 weeks. She has a lung infection of some sort and was inhospital for over a week prior to her condition worsening significantly.

I know that even though she was not as active in the community here over the past year, that she does have some contact with some of you via Facebook and that you might want to know.

I am in contact with her daughter and can post updates here as they are available if you would like.

:hug: love and hugs to my pal...She is quite the character and got me through ALOT...from epic floods to the pregnancy from hell that had me in hospital for months to conversations of politics, a fabulous education in minis, kids, gardening and just life in general...right at this moment I am really missing her.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Michelle, it's so good to see you back & posting again, and I have really missed Deana, too. We've lost a lot of formerly active members to Facebook.

If you get another chance to speak with her (I HOPE!), give Deana our best.

So sorry to hear of Deana's troubles - please send her a big hug and love from me.

I haven't been active here for a while, just starting to post a little now. (Although it wasn't Facebook that stopped my posts!)

It's good to "see" you again, although for a sad reason.

OMG! I had no clue. Here I am sending her things on Facebook and she isnt even there. I will sending off some big prayers for her! Thank you for coming back to let us know.

What terrible news! I'm wishing Deana a speedy recovery and when you next speak with her or her daughter, let them know we are thinking of her and give her our love. It's great to hear from you too, Michelle.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! This is terrible news. Thanks for letting us know. Let her daughter know that we are sending positive thoughts their way and hope that she has a quick and complete recovery.

Wow. I'm in shock.

Oh no !! Please add my thoughts and prayers to the others.

I remember one time when she helped me so much with a problem I was having with some miniatures I had purchased that were similar to some she had. She was so kind to me.

I will pass on all the sentiments.

Right now, Deana is "holding her own" for the most part. She has ARDS stemming from Infuenza A. She has now been on a ventilator in ICU for 31 days. She gets dialysis three times a week for subsequent kidney failure which is hoped will reverse eventually. Small steps forward followed by another setback, all to be repeated again. The fact that she has survived to this point is definitely a plus for her anticipated recovery.

The plan is to move her to a more long term facility in the coming weeks. It may take several months to strengthen her enough to be able to breathe without the ventilator. There will be much therapy down the road.

The family is having to deal with some additional stresses as well. As many of you know Dee had a GREAT love for animals and almost all of them (and there are LOTS) have had to be rehomed as she will not be able to tolerate nor care for them once she recovers. It has been heartbreaking for them, and Dee will be devastated to put it mildly.

I will continue to update. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.

The family is having to deal with some additional stresses as well. As many of you know Dee had a GREAT love for animals and almost all of them (and there are LOTS) have had to be rehomed as she will not be able to tolerate nor care for them once she recovers. It has been heartbreaking for them, and Dee will be devastated to put it mildly.

I will continue to update. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.

I know that this will be a real heartbreaker for her and her family and this really had me in tears when reading about it realising this must happen, so not fair to have to go through something like this and my heart really goes out for her and all involved!

HUGS