One of ours can use some positive thoughts

lumberjacksgurl

So heartbreaking..I'm sending lots of prayers and tons of positive thoughts her way. My heart also breaks for her little fur babies. What will become of them? I worry that they'll be so sad and scared to be taken away from their home and mommy. :p :idea:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sad to read this post. Deanna was one of the the first people to welcome me to this forum and the first person whose gallery I checked out. I knew nothing about minis and sat for ages with my chin on my knees to see such tiny wonders. I'd just bought a Garfield and was just starting out. I had no idea that mini houses could look so real.

I do hope she continues to fight back and that she will make a full recovery. Losing her pets though is a devastating blow as I know she had a whole house and garden full. Lets hope she is able to keep a couple of them at least.

Thanks for the updates.

OMG! I've had Deana on my mind...and now I know why! She was one of the first people to welcome me to GL also.I am so sending waves of prayers and positive energy for a comfortable,complete recovery.And many Blessings to her and her family! :idea:

Michelle, thanks for letting us know about Dee. Please add my well wishes to the others for her. She's a wonderful and unique lady and we've missed her. My hope is that her fierce determination gets her thru this and she'll come back when she's better. In the meantime, give her extra little cuddles from me.

Deb

Oh no. This is making me very sad about the re-homing of her animals. She is going to be heartbroken..truly truly heart broken. My brain understands why they did it, my heart does not at all. Oh I hope that she will still have her white cat!

I am so upset..I have to get off now.

I am sorry gang...I was offline for a few days as the computer had to go in to the "doctor"

Dee was moved to the long term care hospital on Wednesday night. The move was difficult but she seems to be adjusting and stabilizing.

She now opens her eyes a little for short bits, but is not seeming to be coherant when she does.

They are attempting to wean her off of the ventilator and continue to make some progress with some bad days thrown into the mix. Overall, there is PROGRESS though!

Michelle, thank you for your updates. Dee was one of the first members to greet me here, too, and I recall some lovely conversations when the chat room was operating. We are adding our prayers to the many that are supporting her. Please ask the family member you're in contact with to be sure to let her know when she is able to understand that we are all pulling for her 24/7.

I'm saddened to know that Deana has new infections - I hope they'll clear fast, and that she will continue to make progress. Baby steps are okay! Thinking positive thoughts, and sending healing energy. I hope that somewhere in her dreams she feels the caring from us all.

Thank you very much for the updates, Michelle.

Nice to see you Kathie!!

Sadly, I missed an update while the forums were down.

Dee had to be transfered back to the acute care hospital last week and is once again in ICU.

It has now been over 50 days and I know everyone is both very worried as well as frustrated and feeling helpless. This is such a difficult position to be in for her family I imagine....waiting, hoping, remaining viligant, wondering if there will be improvement or if this is a new reality...and wondering when to come to terms with all of those facts.

I know I wonder these things, and cannot imagine the toll it takes going to the hospital day after day and not knowing. My own son was just in hospital all last week and had emergency surgery and just wrangling the visits in to see him and meet his needs in combination with all needs of the other family members and the other regular life duties was wearing...and that was for 6 days....I cannot imagine that going on for close to two months with little light at the end of the tunnel that spurs one on knowing in say, 3 weeks she will be home with support....or in one month she will be off of the ventilator and able to sit in a wheel chair...So, so, so many unanswered questions for all :(

Some good news for a change!!!!:banana:

While Dee reamins in the ICU and on the ventilator, her sedation has been decreased significantly, and she is able to respond to yes and no questions!!!!:flowers:

She continues to fight the infections.

This has allll kinds of good news meaning....it means that mentally she is reasonably intact and that if there was any 'brain damage" it will be minimal and that she is cognisant enough to be able to work with the ventilator rather than fight it!!!

I have passed on all of the messages of support :) Continue to send positive thoughts that soon she will be strong enough to breathe on her own!